Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Problems of younger generation is same almost everywhere. So it is same here, they want everything, they want it right away ,on easiest way.
    They are completely depended on cell phones, computers, most of their friends they seen online only.

When SHTF great number of them will emotionally fall apart and become something like zombies, perfectly fit for different groups as a puppets.

It is result of modern world and its problems. For example ere we have unemployment around 50% now, so simply lot of things missing in bringing those young folks on right way.
    Nobody care for them in some things, so they being formed on some wrong way, with some wrong values on mind.

It might sound like prophetically but it may be one more sign of those “last days”.

One thing that give me lot to think about is fact that new generation is simply much more “cruel” then 20-30 years we been.
    Violence today is much more “normal” for them, it is not like they more skilled in violence, it is like they aproach it on way that it is something cool, or good.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mr Red, between the no meds and no food & water in a SHTF all hell will happen, they will be dangerous.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Red,

From what I understand, the vast majority of folks on psychotropics can get by without them – soccer moms with depression, little Johnny and his phony-baloney “ADHD”… but, about 3% to 5% of folks on psychotropics are the genuine article – sociopaths, psychopaths, multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia, etc.. two generations ago, we used to lock them up in Sanitariums, for their own safety as well as ours.

With the advent of modern medicine, locking them away became considered ‘barbaric’. So, the sanitariums were emptied and now they walk amongst us…

Most folks have about a 30 day supply of meds in their homes, and those on psychotropics are no different. So, my guess is one month after SHTF, plus about a week or so for them to clear their systems of the drugs…

So, what… 5 weeks? Maybe 6 if we’re lucky…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

How many people take psychoactive medication or similar because of some problems they have? How many of those people will, after x number of days without that medication, will become dangerous?

Mr. Red, again I have to agree here with Malgus,Huge number of folks are taking that kind of medication, big number of patients who are taking those kinds of drugs belong to the :
    a) people who are gonna be pretty good without those drugs, with some good support of their family and friends (and maybe some alternative help, herbs for example)
    b) people who are gonna be not so capable to accept (new) hard reality without those drugs, but they mostly not gonna be violent, they are not gonna be efficient, most probably they gonna be victims.

Of course there is a group of people, with some serious problems, who are “gonna lost it” without meds, small group, but yes they gonna be really violent.

Depends from the region of the world and laws about drugs I guess, and type of the SHTF. Here is not some problem to stock those type of drugs in bigger amounts, but yes when SHTF, sooner or later…
    I remember that people with serious problems in some regions here were simply abandoned, yes there were psychos, seriously sick and dangerous people on street.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I saw an interesting movie , I dont fully speak Russian , so a lot was lost on me , but it was a true story , I was about the people in an insane asylum , Dont know what country they were in , but for awhile , everything was fine , then a civil war broke out , and first the Russians came and used part of the building for a command post , then they left , then the Rebels came and did the same thing , the staff had long sense bugged out , leaving all the crazies to their own devices .

The Russians and Rebels started fighting , while all the crazies were in the middle of it all , not understanding …..a few died , when order was restored , some of the staff came back and started the meds again . THis happened a lot in WW2 as well , as the war started going bad for the Germans , the allies were finding nut houses full of people left on their own . Most of the time , nobody had any idea what to do with them .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

In a SHTF I think the bigger problem is from the release of the jails! That will be really bad.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Yes, I actually remember more problems from the people who were in jails and somehow they got out when SHTF, then from the people who had mental problems.

Sometimes people from jail were recruited in different fractions and promised freedom later if they obey. Mostly they were very bad folks, and become even worse.
    Sometimes some groups look for the meanest from them to recruit them.

Again, depends from the scenario and maybe region too, but those folks definitely gonna be problem.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I also think that when the jails get released there are many gang members from many gangs, they will get armed fast and that will be a problem not only for the people but for the government trying to control the people. These gangs have guns every were and will love a SHTF.

They say that the gangs are bigger that the amount men in the military and they have arms that many of us do not have. Chicago will be a big problem. The police can’t control them right now so when there is a SHTF they will take over that city.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

remember the cops saying worlds biggest gang. with  MRAP, more guns than gangs and practice  as a group

as small people we will all be a target if they see you, the worst part is now many gangs are war seasoned

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=20354&only

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Sometimes people from jail were recruited in different fractions and promised freedom later if they obey. Mostly they were very bad folks, and become even worse. Sometimes some groups look for the meanest from them to recruit them. – Selco

I remember that. I remember hearing about a criminal cartel – a big gang, more like the Italian Mob – that was co-opted by the government and made “legitimate” by giving them ranks and heavy weapons. Correct me if I’m wrong, Selco – you were there and saw it firsthand – but didn’t the government co-opt those bastards out of fear? Instead of fighting them, hunting them down, they gave them rank and weapons and paid them. I guess having them on the payroll and not shooting at you was better than the alternative…

Make a deal with the devil…

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Malgus, I think they co-opt them because they need tough guys, they need someone who is capable of doing tough stuff. For example they were something like army unit but pretty much free when it comes to terrorizing people, they were like protected from the ruling guys.

In exchange for that they do some hard fighting, and of course lot of pillaging. Yea of course there was also something like try to control them by giving them job and salary, but in most of the situations it did not work, they simply were too dangerous.

It was almost usual to have groups like that, they had weapon, skills, no morale, lot of cruelty… If someone had means to control them even for the short period, it meant power.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

There are lots of people out there that appear normal but definitely will not be when they stop taking their medications – even though they are not in jail now. I have known customers that took the help you stop smoking drug Chantix (sp?) that have stabbed their husbands and kids; people who decided to stop taking their Prozac (it is amazing how many Americans take that drug and act like it is normal – it has become so common place) and go crazy scarey weird.

I got a call from a young girl employee (high school) one night last year for help. Her mother, a manic-depressive, bi-polar etc had stopped her meds for some reason. When I got there the lady was like catatonic and was using a screwdriver and knives to heavily carve up patterns all over the expensive mahogany furniture. I got the young girl into my car calmed down and went back in to call the cops and she had lit the curtains in the living room on fire. Two other younger kids were asleep upstairs in the house. Wealthy family. Totally freaky.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

That is not taking into account those on street drugs… people on those and don’t get their fill are not exactly model citizens. those you might have 60-90 days as they will trash pharmacies and local dealers to get fix. some will over dose some will become too weak to fight but for the few days of rage watchout.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

tweva,

I think psychotropics are the worst thing, ever. The pharmaceutical companies know and have known, that certain people (adolescents, etc) become straight up psychotic when they go off the drugs. Some become psychotic just by taking the drugs. Then, when something awful happens, everyone is sitting around wringing their hands and crying “Oh, how could this happen?!?”

It’s a freaking time-bomb… take everyone off those drugs at the same time?

Oh man… it will be biblical..

By the way, sorry to hear about your friend… tinkering with the inner workings of someone’s mind cannot end well, even if someone means well…

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

a SHTF will not be pretty with the gangs, drug users, all the people on meds, the jails, and on top of all that there will be people killing for food. On top of all of this is the government which may have divided in two or three powers and will be in war with each other.

The plan is what Selco has said many times is avoid trouble and only use force when there is no other choice. If you have a save place with food and water then stay put, do not go out into the streets even to see what is going on. If you do and are spotted they will fallow you back to your save place.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.