Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Great article.  The point I took from this is no matter how well you have prepared, there is always someone, smarter, stronger, and better equipped.  Most of us just want to live in peace, no matter how difficult the world around us is.  The leader in that article is not interested in peace, he is interested in imposing his power on others to get what he wants or needs.

We all must decide how we will react to that time, where all of our preps are just not enough.

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

Copied and saved. This is the exact scenario most preppers don’t prepare for.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Guys and gals,

I came across this and it actually made me smile… I was with A Co., 1/507th Parachute Infantry when I was much younger. What this says is true. Do not underestimate our ability to gather together to defend against our modern day Visigoths…

Enjoy.. :)

After the demise of the best Airborne plan, a most terrifying effect occurs on the battlefield. This effect is known as the “Rule of the LGOP’s” (Little Groups of Paratroopers). This is, in its purest form, small groups of pissed-off 19 year old American paratroopers. They are well trained. They are armed to the teeth and lack serious adult supervision. They collectively remember the Commander’s intent as “March to the sound of the guns and kill anyone who is not dressed like you” – or something like that. Happily they go about the day’s work…

Having been a part of the LGOP’s, this is exactly right… but now that I’m older and much more experienced, me – and thousands of guys just like me – are in a position to be that “serious adult supervision”. We can organize our own groups of pissed-off 19 year olds and happily go about clearing our respective areas of operation… the trick is, is to get your community all on the same sheet of music, right now. After TSHTF is going to be too late. You’re already behind the curve and not even treading water…

All us creaky old stove up vets that have been put out to pasture – we can train anyone in the basics. Rifle marksmanship, movement to contact, how to set up and initiate an ambush, how to break contact successfully, how to react to an ambush, sniping.. even some of us are experts in urban warfare (given our time over in the sandbox). We’re pretty much all schooled in basic infantry tactics, and we can pass that training on to a younger group, setting up an autonomous unit that can defend against a gaggle of untrained urban Visigoths bent on mayhem…

A couple half dozen belt fed, tripod mounted GPMG’s would be nice, too…. but we gotta work with what we have…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Malgus,
    I belive part of the problem with this country is that the younger generations do not know what it costs to be free. Not enough good men have passed their knowlege to the next generation. You have a great idea there. I did not serve but often times wished I had. I grew up without a dad and speak from experience when I say it is hard to be a man if a man has not taught you. In war/shtf there is a mind set that is not “normal” but absolutely necessary. Please pass your knowledge on to the young men around you. If you don’t Liberals will.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Matt76, The younger generation doesn’t no the Constitution! How are they going to know the cost of freedom? They are lost and the Liberals know this.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Malgus you’re bang on! People with the training, skillsets, and mindset like you are very valuable, and on the other side of the table, very dangerous. Defence isn’t something to be taken lightly, and is something we all should be learning and training for more.

As for GPMG’s or LMG’s, you never know what’ll be found out in the space, which is why I always hark on having patrols out there seeing what resources can be had, or what other people who are operating in your area are rockin’. Have you guys ever seen some of the weapons the cartels in Mexico have? Drug money can buy some pretty advanced hardware.

(just a thought, it may be wise to read up on and get a general idea of what heavy weapons are like (belt fed, RPGs and the like), how to operate them, etc. for those of use who have no experience with military training on weapons recognition and operation).

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Red,

Couple things to think about…

1. Ever been to Knob Creek? I’ve gone several times, as its reasonably close to our farm. Everything at those shoots is privately owned. The vast majority of the “good stuff” (defined as “not stamped sheet metal trash”) is owned by fairly wealthy, pro-Constitution type people. Professionals. Engineers, Doctors, etc.. whoever those guys team up with for defense are going to be very, very lucky…

2. Back during WWI, American troops were allowed to bring back battlefield trophies, including belt-fed, water cooled, tripod mounted HMG’s. Like the Maxim gun. Also smaller, portable MG’s, like the MG15 and early SMG’s… We had almost a million guys in Europe during and after the war, and you were allowed to send back whatever you wished. Plenty of transit cases came back from France with Maxim and Lewis guns in them… when NFA34 came along and they tried their little prohibition through taxation trick, almost nobody registered those old relics from WWI that their Uncle brought home..

They said nothing and basically left those old transit cases in their attics and basements… to this day, they are still there. Thousands and thousands of them…

Let the SHTF, and I wager things that have not seen the light of day since 1918 will be brought out in all their glory…. :)

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Oh without a doubt there will be some gorgeous pieces of military engineering brought out, back into their glory. Hopefully in good guy hands lol.

As an aside, I mentioned in a thread a while back about a shooting that happened here in Newfoundland a few months ago, where the guy used an AK47. We can’t legally get our hands on those, but obviously as we saw in that incident, there are criminal elements of our society that DO have them and DO use them. With that said I figured it might be wise to get a general idea as to how to weapon works, how to operate it, etc., because you never know what you could find out in the space.

There are hundreds upon hundreds of downloadable PDF files on different weapon systems that goes over everything you’d want and need to know. Maybe it’d be wise to look about for some if you don’t already have any (or some hard copies, which is always preferred).

Other things like claymores, grenades, C4 an other types of explosives, Carl Gustavs, basically whatever hardware your nations military and police have, you should have a general idea about it, as well as some foreign military’s weapons.

Not saying that you need to know this stuff, but it might come in handy should you find, for example, a few shot up trucks carrying what looks like some cartel guys who have some PKM’s mounted on the vehicles and they each have MP5’s or whatever. Or knowing the capabilities of such weapon systems should they be brought to bear against YOU.

Just a few thoughts.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Red,

Every few 10 years or so, BATF will have one of their phony baloney “amnesties” where they encourage folks who “somehow missed” all the previous amnesties for registration… sometimes, some really, really gorgeous pieces come out into the light of day… Fully appointed Maxim guns in their original caliber, complete with transit case, MTOE, sometimes early optical sights, tools, parts and manuals… and they have brass water jackets. Once they’re cleaned and polished up, holy moly! What a gorgeous piece of work those things are!

As far as anyone making what they want? Blueprints abound, all over the place. If you can do sums and work a metal file, you can make anything (of course, just using files, it will take a really, really, really, really long time… which is why machine shops will be popular). The holy grail, of course, would be an actual working example of what you want to make. Disassembling it, blueprinting each part, you can test the hardness of each piece to make sure your heat treat is right, see how everything works in harmony with everything else… that’s what the Afghanis did to the Russians – captured Russian weapons, took them apart, reverse engineered them, then built their own out of raw materials in small workshops… then they beat the Russians with their own stuff.

What man has made, man can make again.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, What beautiful weapons! I also see in the range here that 90% of the most valuable weapons are owned by Doctors, Lawyers and professional business owners. I personally would not ever know that they owned weapons like this if I saw them in the street, they do not look the type.

All the one’s I have talked to here are also Pro-Constitution so it makes me think that we have a chance at winning what ever comes are way.

Profile photo of osagemarine
    osagemarine
    Survivalist
    member3

Red,

The guns are easy to make – it’s the ammo that is hard.  A working Sten can be fabricated in most auto shops, it’s the magazines and ammo that are difficult.  A single shot shotgun (butter gun) is very simple to make.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I think this article also highlights how important it is to stay hidden if you can and be with a strong community that sticks together. If you have to fight you better know fighting, but do now whatever it takes to minimize the chances that it gets to this point.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

First thing is to be always cautious, even if you are very well organized, there is always possibility that someone else is better organized (and armed) then you, and want your stuff.

Being in group make easier to organize some things, like good defense, also some basic knowledge about weapon and tactics is mandatory for every member of the group, together with some experts from that fields.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

You need to try your best to stay away from trouble. Only fight when there is no other way out of were you are. Fighting in the cities may bring in more trouble from others.

A good group does help not only to protect but also to rest.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

@ osage, Jay, Selco and freedom,

Not to sound like Yoda or anything, but I was pondering y’all’s responses… if I may?

The guns are easy to make – it’s the ammo that is hard. A working Sten can be fabricated in most auto shops, it’s the magazines and ammo that are difficult. A single shot shotgun (butter gun) is very simple to make. – osagemarine

You must have missed our previous discussion re: making primers and smokeless rifle powder. It’s somewhere in the threads. I listed resource material that lays out, step by step, the materials you will need to make primers and smokeless rifle powder, including safety protocols. If you can’t find it, throw up a flare and I’ll repost. Brass can be either reused (a couple times) or fabbed from brass bar stock if it’s all you got. Perfect world would be a brass making machine.

Second thing is that a magazine is just a metal box with a spring in it. If you can machine a receiver and get sear angles right, a metal box with a spring in it is cake. It doesn’t have to be pretty to work. Saint John M. Browning did it with nothing but hand tools in a small workshop. So did Hiram Maxim. So did the IRA, and those guys turned out weapons every bit the equal of what we turned out during WWII, but they made their stuff whole cloth in tiny basement workshops…

If those guys can do it, then we can do it. I will grant you that a single shot shotgun is pretty stinkin’ easy to make. If it’s all a prepper can make, then it is what it is…

I think this article also highlights how important it is to stay hidden if you can and be with a strong community that sticks together. If you have to fight you better know fighting, but do now whatever it takes to minimize the chances that it gets to this point. – Jay

Exactly. My old daddy told me a lot of things. Some of which I incorporated into my life rules. One was “The easiest way to win a fight is to not be there in the first place.” Not putting yourself in a position to get killed isn’t cowardice, it’s self-preservation.

First thing is to be always cautious, even if you are very well organized, there is always possibility that someone else is better organized (and armed) then you, and want your stuff. – Selco

Yep. Another one from my daddy – “No matter how bad you think you are, someone else out there exists who can kick your ass, so watch your mouth.” Speaking as someone who didn’t listen to his daddy and got my ass kicked all over the place, I can say for a fact that it is solid-gold truth…

You need to try your best to stay away from trouble. Only fight when there is no other way out of were you are. Fighting in the cities may bring in more trouble from others. A good group does help not only to protect but also to rest. — Freedom

Yep. One of mine — “Don’t go lookin’ for trouble. It will find you.”

Although I agree with your premise, would advocate caution – fighting when there is no alternative might give your opponent the time to amass enough force to overwhelm you. You don’t fight from a position of weakness, you fight from a position of strength. If you know your enemy knows of you, and is hell-bent on getting rid of you and taking your ****, then you attack him before he gets too strong to defeat… play to his weaknesses and your strengths, not the other way around.

Oh yeah, another one. One of mine. “Ain’t no such thing as a “fair fight”. Those who ***** and whine about “fighting fair” are usually the losers. You fight using every dirty trick you can think of, and fight as if every fight will be your last.”

And another – “The definition of a “Hero” is usually someone who gets a lot of other people killed.”

One I told my guys, usually after they did something monumentally stupid – “You know that feeling you get that something just ain’t right? That’s a “red flag”. You need to start listening to them. They’ll keep you alive.”

One of these days, I’m gonna write all this stuff down… my son calls them “Pithy nuggets of wisdom”.. some I got from my daddy, some from Sun Tzu, some from experience, etc… but they all apply..

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.