Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have said this before here on the forum that I am not a Cuban-American, I am an American-Cuban. I think that many of us that came over from Cuba in 1961 to 1979 feel the same as I.

This article makes me feel very proud. Remember that the American-Cubans in Miami stand for freedom, liberty, and the U. S. Constitution so the Dem left that is here plays dirty politics as always. Please read and post what is your opinion.

Plan to fly giant U.S. flag over Miami ruined by ‘dirty politics,’ businessman claims

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/02/businessman-cries-dirty-politics-over-plan-to-erect-425-foot-us-flag-over/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I’ve known a number of “American’s” who weren’t ‘native’ born.
    Most avoided the hyphenated-American title like the plague.

It’s the ‘hyphenated-natives’ who associate themselves with a place they’ve never seen, experienced or have any concept of the place, that ruin it for most.

I could get into stereotypes and other examples lately, but I won’t .

I will just say, you’re either an American or you’re not.

We’re proud to have you as one Freedom.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, I have a good friend in South Florida that came from Cuba as a young child. He views and terms himself simply as an American, which he is When he refers to himself as Cuban it is purely in an ethnic manner in the same way I’d say I was of English-Irish-French-German-Dutch descent.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker That is the way I see my self too! But remember that in 1962 when I came to the U. S. as a 4 year old the schools were English only which was a great thing because it helped us learn what America was all about. Now it is not that way and that is where the problem is.

All the teachers in the schools and the professors in the Universities are left wing that do not believe in the teaching of the history of America and the Constitution.

We need to go back to teaching our children about America and what the Constitution says!

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

What is a Cuban? Is it a cigar or something. I know hispanics have cliques but is this somekind of tribal organization. Because last I knew Cuba was an island off Florida. Well known for (((not))) having caused Kennedy’s death by political assassination.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It’s akin to being a Texan. Identifing with your heritage can be an important part of a person’s life. It definitely is not something to belittle.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

And I would add that identifying with an ethnic, geographic, or even religious group does not detract from the underlying identity as American.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I really only tell people of my heritage when I am asked and that doesn’t happen much, some ask me if I am Italian-American. In Cuba there was no native Cubans, they were all killed off by the English and Spanish. So if I were still in Cuba I would be a Spanish-English-Cuban, my grandfather on one side was from Spain and the other grandfather was from England. On my mothers side her grandmother was from France.

In Cuba there were many from other European counties. Cuba is not the same as Central and South America.

Well what I wanted to say in the post is that I am proud of a American-Cuban showing how much he loves America, I think this same thing has happen with many other groups.

But I do think this is missing in the new immigrants that are coming over now. I can over because of Communism. My father wanted to be free, he wanted liberty. My father always tells me that he is proud to be an American and that there is NO country in the World like America.

The new immigrants are coming for economical reasons only. The schools are not helping ether! When I went to school the teachers would tell me please only English. Also they would teach us the U. S. History, the U. S. Constitution, the Bill of Rights, all about George Washington and how he was the best president America has had.

This is not important anymore, why?

I personally think that in this article it shows that he wants to show how proud he is to be an American and how special America is to have given us freedom, liberty. That is what I am proud about. God Bless America.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom,
    All the things that are going south in the US are intentionally devised to destroy the country. You can’t have one world order with populations interested in nationalizim. It’s why kids don’t need to say the pledge of alligiance. National pride is a deterrent to everything the left wants.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes 74, they do not like the pledge of alligiance, God, The U. S. Constitution, the Founding Fathers, George Washington, and the Bill of Rights.

We need to change that one way or another.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Can we fix the title to I’m proud to be an American? Then I fit in too.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

YES! How do I do that or can you!

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The one thing I’ve noticed most when traveling is that people don’t identify me as American. I’m a New Yorker first and last with all the sleaze that implies. One word is all it takes. After being embarassed to death about being a citiot and trying to explain the differences between upstate and the Big Rotten Apple i’ve decided to become an unofficial dual national ….. Krypton-American. Where am I from? Beyond the Moon. Just visiting until the next deep space freighter comes along.

Btw I’ll be voting tomorrow. They still think I’m one of them lol.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

It could be worse Brulen. My Dad grew up in Hoboken, NJ and spoke classic Joisey. There was no denying where he was from and up here in New England the NYC’ers are viewed as being a step above folks from NJ. Just a step mind you. If someone says they’re from NJ, the response might be “I’m so sorry”.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

It doesn’t matter where you’re from someone has something negative to say about everywhere. Your either a fool from the city or a hay seed, there is no winning.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.