Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of prepwolf
    prepwolf
    Survivalist
    member2

ronym:
    I get what you mean and you have a very good point. I’d definately prefer a good bow when it comes to hunting, or more obviously a good hunting rifle but the slingshot would be a nice piece of kit in my bag to complement the traps I would set to try to get meat in an emergency situation. The small size and the light weight of it plays a big role and the potential meat-getting-capacity alone wouldn’t be enough for me to include it if it was heavy or too big. It would also be easier to fix up or find spare parts to a slingshot, it’s easier to find ammo and so on.

And a good bug out location like a self sufficient farm with solar and wind power, outdoor permaculture in the spring and during the summer, indoor hydroponics system during the winter, animals and all that would obviously be the best kind of living. Not only in a SHTF-scenario but probably for living as a human on this planet regardless, of the health state of the economic system. Sadly, this is hard to achieve around here, and it’s expensive. Living off grid is not really something they encourage you to do. For the moment I have to prep my kit for escape and evasion.

"Certainly We have created man to struggle" - Qur'an 90:4

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Ronym,
    I agree a lot of people will starve if they try to live as hunter gatherers but most peoples preps are in layers. What I mean is they have several items capable of the same task. I have a torch lighter in my bob for building fires. If that doesn’t work for some reason I have a magnesium/fero rod combo, a chem mix or a bow drill if those don’t work. I think Prepwolf was just discussing another option for obtaining food. I have stored food but if I happen to take an animal by whatever means, I will certainly supplement my diet with the days catch. It’s always good to have a plan B as plan A seldom works out.

Profile photo of ronym
    ronym
    Survivalist
    member5

okay…
    i agree that a sling shot are handy enough
    for close range hunting
    or devensive means against intruder
    besides… it’s cheap
    especially in poor country or third world that firearm are very expensive and require expensive license
    and sometimes the gov just make it illegal after make it legal

Profile photo of prepwolf
    prepwolf
    Survivalist
    member2

Hi everybody, long time no see. Sorry that I just disappeared like that but life got in between as usual. Anyway, for the same reasons I haven’t been able to put any time into any projects for some time but hopefully that will change in the near future.

I’ve been thinking of scrapping the idea of modifying though as I’ve had a chance to play around with a sling bow a while ago and meh.. frankly I wasn’t impressed at all. I’m still all for slingshots and customizing your gear though so I will still post some other updates and hopefully I’ll have Hathcock Target Sniper soon aswell. Don’t think it will need any custom mods from my part but I’ll probably get some cool bands for it and I will share this here instead.

"Certainly We have created man to struggle" - Qur'an 90:4

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.