Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

I know a few people that go out and harvest mushrooms , they know what they are doing , I dont , so I stay clear of them lol .

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I don’t know my mushrooms either and so avoid them in the wild myself. I’ve also never eaten a morel.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

My wife likes them and used to take me with her to find them. They’re ok I guess. Not something I’m going to jump up and down about if we’re having them for supper. She will cook them up as a special dish but I’ll only eat rooms mixed in with other things like wok rice and veggies or with steak and onions. I really like finding the brightly colored rooms. Poisons in the back yard sort of thing. We quit eating rooms for a long time when my kid was growing up because she was out playing and found one which she then ate. Oops. She didn’t understand the poison thing yet. Mommie and daddy do it why not me.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I’m not a great forager but I want to learn what to pick now while it’s easy and can use the internet for identification and help. Later it might be to late to learn safely.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Morels, they’re like crack for some of us.
    I have three baggies in my freezer from last year, my stash.

Had an interesting text conversation with a friend last night about these.
    He’s never had them, and just moved to a place with them in abundance.
    It’s a good thing he lives 8 hours away. I’m already getting the shakes.

Yes there is a false Morel, but unless you’re blind you can easily tell the difference.
    And Morels are the easiest shroom to identify, with the “puffball” being a close second.

People have died over Morels.
    People keep their “hunting grounds” as secret as their favorite fishing hole.

I thought the addiction was over, until last year when a friend took me out after them. I didn’t know we had them here (so dry).
    I will be going out after them in just a few days, must have more!

Simple is best, floured, lightly salt and peppered, then fried in butter.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I want to try them in chicken marsala.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.