Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yep, All of us need to do everything we can to stop this. The liberals stand together on finding every way for gun control. We have to stand together for our God given rights. We need to list all the things that we need to do to help. Also list the best gun organizations that we need to become members of because it is time to stand together.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

lets start the war ………..while we still have the muscle .

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Fake news. The mainstream media isn’t covering this at all, so it must be fake news. OH! Wait! Does “fake news” also happen to include willful omission of stories that would otherwise be of interest to the American public?

Be certain to click the “Co-sponsors” tab on the page, or just click the link to it below. There are 173 co-sponsors of this bill – the vast majority of the entire Democrat side of the House. Note that almost all of them were original co-sponsors, not later add-ons.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/5087/cosponsors

Consider the 2018 congressional elections, and then the 2020 elections. The obvious plan is to take over both the House and Senate, then weaken Trump sufficiently to get a Democrat elected to the White House in 2020. The bill will be re-introduced again in 2021, passed in both chambers, whisked off to the Oval Office, signed, and suddenly no gun owner can pass along his or her guns to kids, grand kids, etc. If they pull off the 3-branch take over, we’ll look back to the pre-2020 days with longing.

Also note such catch-all provisions as the following:

“(4) (A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the Attorney General may implement this subsection with regulations.”

Yep, the usual method of multiplying power and authority – Congress empowers an agency to allow bureaucrats to further dictate the “regulations” that become “law,” outside any congressional or presidential action.

We’ve seen it before, and it’s simply a reminder that they aren’t letting up – but are getting closer and closer to the day when they control the House, Senate, Presidency, and Supreme Court. This so easily brings to mind a short story that was to become a chapter in a book by one Mike Vanderboegh, titled, “Nemesis: The Six Apostles.” I cannot help but wonder if such fiction is operationally on the minds of some with the abilities and resources to turn fiction into reality. Personally, though it’s very satisfying to contemplate in many respects, I truly hope it never comes to that – because then it would be all over anyway. There aren’t enough good, educated, young-enough, and motivated people left to pick up the pieces and put them back in the proper order – and keep it that way.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Hopefully the president uses his power to veto , then EO anything they get passed .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

I will admit that I am apprehensive about this legislation.

I didn’t think that the “slime bill” would pass in 94. I was incorrect.
    I didn’t think that “Zero” would get reelected. I was incorrect.

The way I am looking at this, we have two options:
    Plan for this to pass and have several lifetimes worth of “built” lowers and magazines put back.
    But be aware that later legislation may make your property fully illegal.

Or again assuming that it will pass, putting a number of mags and spare parts back, but continue to acquire non-ban guns such as bolt action rifles, “sporting ” shotguns and revolvers/low-capacity pistols.

We can pray that common sense prevails, but I am beginning to think that is closer to a pipe dream than reality.

How about you?

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I hate to admit it, but I am kind of with you on this one…… The possibility of a gun ban is more likely now than it has in quite a while, imo. Too many GOP are caving in to the MSM’s narrative.

Getting bunch of parts, some 80% lowers and “selling” off many of my “break glass in event of national crisis” type firearms seems to be the best possible preparation imo.

http://ageofdecadence.com

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

We’re only safe as long as Trump is still President. As I said above, the current direction congressional elections are going is not good. And if the House gets a majority this fall, impeachment is a strong possibility. Whether the Senate would convict is up in the air – I suspect they’d consider it strongly, even if the Republicans hold on to the Senate, given the number of rabidly anti-Trump Republicans in the Senate. And if the country goes with a Democrat in 2020 for the White House, it’s likely to be all over as early as January 2021 – just 34 months away.

One more chilling scenario that is looking more and more possible is what happens if the Democrats take over the House. We get a Democrat Speaker, and s/he becomes 2nd in line behind the VP. Get rid of both Trump AND Pence? Good night.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of benjammin
    benjammin
    Survivalist
    member3

It is one thing to pass a law like this, quite another to enforce it. They’d have to have a super-majority to get something like this passed, assuming everyone on their team would vote for it. Then they’d have to go out and find the guns, assuming they have the will to even try. Once that starts, the US will become scorched earth. There are worse things buried in the ground in this country by its citizenry than the 300 million+ firearms that can be accounted for, much worse.

Even so, pressuring legislators now seems the easier path to enforcing our will. I guess I’d rather do that than have to take more drastic measures later to convince the clowns.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Oh, they’re smarter than that. This bill doesn’t call for the roundup of what we already own. It just keeps them from being sold going forward. Try to legally give your guns away to family members, or let them inherit them – all sorts of hoops! Plus, that “little” bureaucrat clause would come into play for all sorts of “goodies” that Congress won’t even have to vote on: ““(4) (A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter, the Attorney General may implement this subsection with regulations.”

Pressure now, yes. But we’re moving closer and closer to the day when this really could happen. Ten, twenty years ago? It was only their pipe dream. Now it could really happen. And again, what happens with the very real possibility of the Democrats gaining control of both chambers, and then the White House in 2020? No impeachment necessary, and we’re only 34 months away from the next inauguration.

GS

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

The ONE thing that could be used across the country is what they just did to themselves. As of 16 January 2018, there were 238 Republicans in the House, and 193 Democrats. Virtually every one of the Democrats (173 of them) co-sponsored the bill, thereby putting 174 Democrat names on it (including the one that introduced it). That could be a great Republican refrain to keep echoing over and over and over between now and November 2020: “A vote for a Democrat is a vote for the vast majority of Democrats that signed their names to ban your guns!”

Added to that, out of the 193 House Democrats, 174 of them should be put on notice that they’re out next time.

GS

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

There are also states rights , in some states , ANY form of gun registration is unlawful , they also require no bill of sale , person to person , and will refuse to create the mechanism to do so . Expect some items being challenged , perhaps even going to the Supreme Court . Pack the court with conservatives ………..I believe the executive branch can ask the court to rule on laws . Impeached for what ? Everything he has done is perfectly legal . Egomaniac , yes ………stupid , no . Excessive use of something , doesnt make it illegal . Look at Obama and his EO’s . We didnt like it , but it was legal . They still cant prove anything about his supposed involvement with Russia . Nothing any good defense attorney cant blow holes in . Hold tight to the cross my friends .

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

This isn’t courtroom rules of evidence. It would be messy, but the House can define just about anything they want as “high crimes and misdemeanors,” based on the original discussion of that term, and they MIGHT even try treason, based on the original definition of that term for impeachment purposes (read:Russia). Right? Fair? Decent? None of those are required. This ain’t court. Don’t rule it out too quickly.

GS

Profile photo of benjammin
    benjammin
    Survivalist
    member3

Well, let’s see, there are some 300 million guns on the books right now. That leaves how many that can’t be accounted for anymore, plus the ability to manufacture guns by quite a few. So they’d have to prove that the gun I used to have wasn’t sold or given to someone else without the proper record after this law was enacted, vs before when it is still perfectly legal to do so. Since I’ve owned many firearms over the years, and have not required a form 4473 be filed for each time one was transferred, plus some of the ones I have were not transferred to me using a 4473, there’s really no way the government will ever know what guns I actually do have at any given time. The only way they would find out is if I stupidly volunteer the list of my inventory, or if they actually come out and inventory what they can find on my property at any point in time. I don’t see as either of those options are going to be anywhere near accurate accounting. At best, they will know what I want them to know of at the time, which may or may not be what I am in actual possession of.

You can be damned sure that whatever I let them discover, it won’t be anything I am afraid of losing anytime soon. Anything else they claim I might’ve acquired at one time or another I will have simply forgotten about the transaction or they must be mistaken.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well benjammin, I think that number is a number used since 2007, 300 million guns. Read, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

Since then Obama was President each year had about 20 million + FBI background checks so this means 8 years x 20 million per years adds to another 160 million + the first year of Trump which gun sales are now up may add another 10 million to 20 million so we are closer to 500 million + all that can”t be accounted for. That number will only go up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.