Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of camouflage762
    camouflage762
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Hi Guys & Girls

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Somehow, since I was a kid really enjoyed the outdoors and trying to be a good boy scout.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

I have a family and live in a rough country (South Africa)

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

Basic political unrest leading to riots, slow decay of infrastructure and its consequences as well as being attacked by criminals.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

Relationships, skills, mindset and the correct tools. You cannot do everything on your own, you will need others to survive. This is true for everyday life and becomes critical when things go pear shaped

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

They change regularly….

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Our Father……
    Hail Mary…..

:-)

-

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Good to have you, Howzit!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome camouflage762

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome here!

Profile photo of camouflage762
    camouflage762
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Congrats to Selco and Jay for getting the forum started, I wish you guys all the best.

As you may have read from Leopards post, South Africa can be pretty rough.
    Without trying to be alarmist, I think the term “low-intensity civil war” would be a good description HOWEVER before cancel your visit to our shores simply based on what one reads/see’s on the regular media, I would encourage you to see past the negativity. (If you really are interested in South Africa read James Michner’s book “The Covenant” a great story and good lesson in history)

The biggest problem IMO is mindset: If you decide to live in cloud cuckoo land and see no reason to take sensible precautions etc then, yes you will become a victim. This though is applicable to any place in the world.

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Camouflage672,
    Glad to have you here!
    I’m always excited to gain insight into the lives of those in other countries.
    Your knowledge will be very helpful to us willing to learn!
    I’ll check out The Covenant. Until Leopard’s post, I had no idea that SA was so violent. I am very interested in learning about it now.
    Thank you for sharing!
    Hannah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.