Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Meduseld
    Meduseld
    Survivalist
    member2

I am a 40-something white guy in South Africa. Afraid of what the future holds, and am quite certain that mathematically, or logically, you cannot extrapolate the developments of the past two decades by another ten years wihout arriving at a severe crisis.
    I am preparing to protect my family from a crisis of the nature of a widespread civil insurrection or similar.
    I have only just begun to prepare in a material sense. I have little or no preparations completed, albeit some begun.
    Having said that, and this is no excuse, I have contemplated the state of affairs and what I should do to protect my family, for well over a decade. Up until now, that has entailed planning and thought about getwaway and a safe location, rather than how many drums of rice I should accumulate.
    What else would you like to know?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Meduseld. Time to put action to your plans it seems. Don’t be shy about asking for or giving an opinion.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Meduseld for introducing yourself and welcome here!

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Meduseld. You are ahead of the game. The majority of people have NO plans for future unknowns, just going along with the flow. There are folks here that are in every stage of preparedness, some have been preparing for ages and others are just starting out. Do not be reluctant to add your observations or ask questions of some that may have more experience as we are all here to do those very same things. Ron S

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

I am glad you joined the forum, Meduseld. I would love to see more people from the South joining. Enjoy!

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome , I dont know your financial situation , but SA seems like it has always been a kind of powder keg waiting for the fuse to be lit . Would it be a possibility for you and your family to think about immigrating to another country ?
    I say this because my gf is Russian , and when she did it , it was the Soviet Union . When Gorbachev opened the way to allow Soviet citizens to leave the country , they jumped on it , and they were not rich by any stretch of the imagination . If SHTF is world wide , you would still be better off weathering it out in a country like the US , Canada , England , etc. where the odds are better . From what I understand , Canada is very generous with new immigrants to start over . You would not have to be on the loosing end of a race war in those countries . Geographically , even South America looks expedient . Either way , like I tell all my friends in the US , make sure you have a current passport …………..one never knows .

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome Medused.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

hello and welcome.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome. We have had discussions about SA and are somewhat up to speed on the ongoing deterioration of conditions there. That you are ready to start taking some action is good.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Hey Meduseld – glad you found us! Many subject experts here so feel free to ask anything! At least you’ve made the decision to do something – which is A LOT further than most! Good luck down there!

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of Meduseld
    Meduseld
    Survivalist
    member2

Leopard, Are you South African?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

meduseld, Leopard is South African and lives in South Africa.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Thanks Freedom. Yes, grandparents from Europe, but me – pure South African. Sorry for taking Africa time to answer.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.