Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jonas Parker
    Jonas Parker
    Survivalist
    member1

Prepping will be challenging since I’m in a wheelchair and my wife has Alzheimer’s Disease. “Bugging-in” is our option. However, I have an amateur radio station that is set up to work off-grid, and medical training as an EMT so the situation isn’t all that bleak. We do indeed live in interesting times… but if at first you don’t secede, try, try again!

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello Jonas Parker and welcome to the forum.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hi, Jonas, good to have you!

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

Welcome Jonas Parker!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hi Jonas! You are going to be a very valuable person to know with your ham skills! Tried to learn morse code on my own, but got so far and haven’t followed through. It fascinates me though. It’s been a matter of not enough time in the day. EMT skills…lucky you! Fortunate people you will be around. I’m sorry your wife has Alzheimers. A close family friend was finally diagnosed from a confusing set of issues as having dementia – he’s only 59. Witnessed this as it progressed to the point they could pinpoint the issue. Not in your shoes but think I have a small inkling of what you have to deal with in that regard. It’s disconcerting — and tough. Makes you worry. Yes – keep getting up every day and doing ones best. Welcome

Hannah
    Hannah
    Survivalist
    member6

Jonas Parker,
    Glad to have you here!
    I’m excited to learn from you.
    Your knowledge is invaluable because many preppers may find themselves in a similar situation after a grid down scenario.
    Hannah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.