Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

that makes a refreshing change.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

lonewolf We are in the U. S and you are in Britain, totally different when the STHF times. Here there will be a civil war of some type when there is more then 300 million gun owners. Still the two countries will have many die in any type of collapse. But were you are there is a different opinion of what will happen. We like to know your opinion.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

yes I believe the British will act differently to Americans in SHTF, there is a definite difference between people in the UK who live in the cities and ones who live in the country, I have lived in both so I think I can see both sides of the coin. there are an estimated 4million firearms(both legally held and illegal ones) in the UK out of a population of 64million. in Devon & Cornwall( my area) there are 97,954 firearms out of a population of 1.65 million. having said that there is a lot anti gun feeling especially with regard to hunting in the UK mostly from city people.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes the people with 10 loose cats that love animals want to ban hunting. Meanwhile their cats eat every songbird in the neighborhood.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

maybe, but then we also have urban foxes raiding the bins outside KFC and Macdonalds, and any city person who has seen Bamby is rapid “anti hunting”. hunting on horseback with a pack of hounds has been banned for many years and only “drag” hunting is allowed, hunting with bows is illegal- in a nation that once its was mandatory to train with a bow every sunday afternoon….

British Survivalist.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>lonewolf wrote:</div>yes I believe the British will act differently to Americans in SHTF, there is a definite difference between people in the UK who live in the cities and ones who live in the country, I have lived in both so I think I can see both sides of the coin. there are an estimated 4million firearms(both legally held and illegal ones) in the UK out of a population of 64million. in Devon & Cornwall( my area) there are 97,954 firearms out of a population of 1.65 million. having said that there is a lot anti gun feeling especially with regard to hunting in the UK mostly from city people.

Here in Wyoming, we have @600, 000 people and
    Probably 4, 000, 000 guns.
    That’s gotta be odd there.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

well the URBAN population here is rabid anti gun, where assault with a weapon happens its more likely to be a knife or a sharpened screwdriver than a gun, gun crime is very low here so when it does happen its very noticeable.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“gun crime is very low here so when it does happen its very noticeable” Well it is here as well. The only places that gun crime is prevalent is in the cities with restrictive gun laws. Like Chicago where 10-30 people get shot every weekend.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The point is that if the criminal doesn’t have a gun then he will use a knife, a sharpened screwdriver, a baseball bat or a hammer.

I had read that the FBI reports had more killings from hammers and baseball bats then long rifles.

My point is if someone wants to kill he or she will find a way.

lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

is this why we see reports of shooting in America all the time? sometimes its the police and sometimes it a civilian but to English eyes it seems to happen regularly.

British Survivalist.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

We have borders which drugs come into the country on a daily bases. The drug dealers, gangs, and all the criminal will always have guns since they can just bring them in from other countries just like the drugs. Till we can stop all drugs from coming in why do we need to take guns away from non criminals that never shoot anyone?

To prove the point just look at Switzerland were every citizen owns a weapon, is there a lot of crime there? No!

Now look at the problem were there gun control laws. Australia, and now France! How did the terrorist get military weapons into the countries? How did the terrorist in France get there weapons and then kill people that the government took there right to defend them self and be able to own a gun. Do you think the terrorist would not have been shot by one of them. How about the police officer without a gun!!! Please! What world are they living in!

Australia is the same story, the terrorist killed many in the store, why? Well because the people to not have rights! They can’t own a gun! Why? Are they the criminals? NO!! Then why does the government are so interested in taking the rights from there people.

We in America believe in the U. S. Constitution which will help us the people stop the government from controlling the people like dictators.

Gun Control has never really worked. There will always be criminals, drug dealers, terrorist, extremist from the left and right and gang members that will find ways to bring into the country whatever they want. So why take away the right of the people that have never committed any crime from owning a gun to protect them self and there liberties and freedoms.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

lonewolf, It doesn’t happen that often as your news media plays it.

First thing police shootings do happen a lot because of the criminals, gang members and drug dealers but in the 53 years that I have lived in Miami, Florida I personally never have seen one shooting happen were I am at. It all happens in gang members and drug deals gone bad. These people all have guns that ether are stolen or purchased from someone that brings them in with the drugs that come into the country.

Then there are some school shootings! Well do you know why? The schools are gun free zones! So I can’t go pick up my kids with a gun on my even if I have a gun permit so all the nuts, criminals love to go do there killing in the schools and Universities. All gun free zones. So gun free zones do not work! Chicago has the strongest gun control laws which many of these laws are unconstitutional but still have one of the highest rate of gun violence in the country why? Well because all the gangs and criminals know that everyone else doesn’t have a gun to defend them self.

This is why gun control doesn’t work here.

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.