Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Now, I find this distasteful as hell that I’m being forced to side with the ACLU and a bunch of other libtards, but it is what it is…

http://www.freep.com/article/20140817/NEWS06/308170094

Amongst other things, this article cites Prof. Pete Kraska, Chair of the School of Justice Studies down at EKU, about a 45 minute drive from where I’m sitting right now. I know Pete Kraska personally. He’s a good man. Took classes from him way back in the day, before he became a bonafied egghead. He was a beat cop before entering academia…

“While the buildup in police weaponry started well before the weapon transfer programs, Kraska said the recent escalation is pulling departments further away from community policing, and “that can change the ethos of the department, the culture of the department.”

“Every ‘what if’ scenario that our fearful minds can imagine doesn’t necessarily result in good public policy,” Kraska said.

THIS!!

Oh, and if you’re curious as to what neat new toys your county has acquired, check this out…

http://www.freep.com/article/20140817/NEWS06/140726001/?appSession=850117292460997&cbSearchAgain=true&AppKey=36701000b255adcfe6ca4b13a8a4

Choose your state, then your county…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Hmm,
    10-1911’s,
    14 AR’s
    and 22 M-14’s.
    That’s it.
    For 65+ officers in the county, that’s basically all they could get under the 1033 rules. 1 rifle for every two officers.
    And FYI, the M-14’s had their full auto parts removed years ago, prior to shipment.
    The AR’s, they’ve been pulled and replaced, not that that matters to some.

My old county:
    4-1911’s
    5 AR’s
    2 M14’s

Considering the budgets of these departments, it’s great that they could get these guns and at least put them in the cars so the officer’s have access to rifles and handguns if they couldn’t afford their own.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirl,

My county got exactly three trucks. Likely two multi-fuel 5 tons and a HUMMV. That’s it. That’s all… and good for them.

But other counties – some nearby – got downright disconcerting levels of stuff… just the rifles took up 4 or 5 pages in one county. Platoon early warning systems. Assault boats. Dozens of crates of ammo (if I read it correctly). Reflex sights. Couple pages of night vision. All told, I figure one county got enough gear and weps to outfit an infantry company sized element… didn’t see any MRAP’s, but then, I didn’t go through the whole list…

By the way… nice of our Fearless Leader to close down the CMP. I would have LOVED to have gotten a forged-steel receiver M14 – semi auto of course – for about 150 bucks… guess us schlubs and mundanes aren’t worthy…

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Sorry but ATF long ago decreed that once a full auto, always a full auto. No M14s through CMP ever.

My first response vanished, probably hit the wrong button, but here goes the condensed version.

My last dept got the 4 1911s one AR and one M14.
    I fixed up the 1911s for issue, several of our guys didn’t have their own guns or ones appropriate for work.
    The rifles were issued to guys who didn’t have their own.

Hard to believe but at $28k a year its hard to afford to live let alone buy several guns at one time.

The program, and other HSA grants have been horribly misused, I know of one vol fire dept that got grants for a better fire house than many major cities. They were forced to pay a great deal back when they got caught, but that’s rare.

I’m not in favor of all the gear handed out, but I can also see a need for some of in some locations. And I’d rather see a metro dept get a cheap MRAP than spend some extravagant price on a different RV. We already paid for the MRAP, better to have it used than scrapped for pennies on the dollar.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Whirl,

Still… it’d be nice… forged steel receiver semi auto M14… and shutting down the CMP served what purpose? Just to be a dick for the sake of being a dick?

I’m not completely opposed to cops getting some gear… so long as the same gear is offered to the citizenry as well, at the same price. 130 bucks for an M14?!? You SHITTIN’ ME???

Don’t get me started about F-Troop… just… don’t. I’m already taking blood pressure meds as it is…

Saw those goofs at Faux Snooze this morning… bunch of suits trying to justify **** like grenade launchers and tanks and **** by the cops… of course, they threw out the old bugaboo “TERR-RISTS!”… one fat **** said something like “Well, they can be used for rescue operations! They can go through water 4 feet deep!”

Rescue operations? Really?

REALLY?

A HUMMV outfitted with a snorkel can go through water completely submerged if you’re worried about deep water… a 5 ton truck can ford water even deeper than that… and nevermind the fact that nobody, anywhere, has been “rescued” by a MRAP during a flood… EVER…

I can pull better justifications out of my ass than these guys… Murkins, every last one of them… they don’t see that cops are now what the Framers feared most – a standing army.

Profile photo of Amanda11
    Amanda11
    Survivalist
    member3

Malgus, I agree with you 100%. This is disturbing on so many different levels.

I looked up the “toys” my county acquired and wanted to throw up. Our taxes are completely insane here, and they can justify accepting almost 70 pages worth of “freebies” they have absolutely NO need for? Meanwhile, Detroit officers (who I’m not a huge fan of, but that’s a thread for a different time) are so underfunded that they have to buy their own equipment. There is probably a reason for the Detroit withholding: until they’re free of former mayor Kwame Kilpatrick’s legacy of looting and plundering all that the bankrupt city has to offer, they couldn’t be trusted in the past to keep any accurate records. It’s improving under the new leadership, but how much so remains to be seen.

This statement: “Local agencies must return items they don’t use” was terrifying. Most officers I know like their toys, and that probably goes double when they are free. I can’t imagine some of the “uses” they will think of to keep the items on this list.

You are absolutely correct on the MRAP justification: it’s complete bullshit. For anyone not familiar with the flooding here in Michigan last week, there was a record amount of rainfall in a 12-hour span. The peak of the rain hit at the worst possible time of the day: 5pm, when gridlock rush hour traffic piles up on the major expressways (and it was INTENSE – I couldn’t see squat for the entire ride home and mainly used The Force to drive). Most of the EastSide of Southeast Michigan was heavily flooded and the city referenced in the article, Warren, was one of the hardest hit. Sewer systems were unable to handle the torrential downpours (and several pumping stations failed) which flooded everything incredibly fast. People who had been living in their homes for over 50 years and had never even had a damp basement before suddenly had 3+ feet of raw sewage to deal with.

On the expressways, underpasses below the water table were quickly flooded. 12-14 feet of water in some extreme cases, but almost everyone had at least 4-6 inches to drive through when it was at peak. People who were smart (and there were a LOT of dumbasses who thought they could forge the flooded areas and ended up losing their cars) got off the expressways to wherever they thought was safe. Our favorite Eastside pizza place is in Warren off the expressway, and this article shows how many people were not only already THERE, but how they were taken to the Lowe’s referenced in the article. They want to say that one MRAP rescued all of those people from the Lowes? Mother please:

http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2014/08/video_flood_recovery_at_buddys.html

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

My county has gotten 14 rifles. My guess is that the current backlash on the militarization is just a flash in the pan that will revert back to business as usual after things calm down in Ferguson.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Redacted.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

This guy is an idiot.
    Glocks are powerful and you don’t need anything more than that?
    Really? Are you kidding me?
    That sounds like the advice from Joe “Boom Boom” Biden about shotguns.

Deputy Smoker (Motor Officer) who returned fire at the Columbine killers at 70 yards with a 9mm pistol, would likely disagree heavily. FYI he up-armed personally after the incident from the Glock 17 used at the shooting.

And as to the uniform, hey idiot, you’re not a cop anymore, give up the uniform. Otherwise it’s impersonating a Police Officer. The Philly Chief is right.
    And Part of the “Occupy Movement”??? Earns no credibility with me.

Edit to add deleted video link from previous post to explain post.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Soooo, Officer Smoker is a bad shot? Guess he never bothered to shoot at anything farther away than 7 yards.

You shoot at things “way out there” with a pistol because it’s a confidence builder… like the 1000 yard target for a rifleman. Chances are, you will never engage anything at that distance. But you could, if you had to…

Didn’t watch the video, but thanks for posting it anyways. I don’t have a problem with cops having long guns or shotguns… part and parcel with the job, as far as I’m concerned.

Hey Whirl, got a question…

What’s the deal with all the cops and the Mr. Clean “shaved head” thing? That some type of “Cool Guy” haircut? Supposed to be intimidating? “Tactical”? “Oh, a perp could grab my hair or some ****!”

Seriously curious… personally, I think it makes them look like a bunch of wanna-be tough guy dumbasses or a refugee from a Mr. Clean commerical, but then, that’s just me…

I mean, check out Officer Safety here…

Edit: Added in #OfficerGoFuckYourself This guy has the potential to be the new Officer Safety! :)

in case you were wondering who #officergofuckyourself was…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

A bit off topic here but watching the videos of the ongoing crap in Ferguson, it occurs to me that those who want to peacefully protest can choose to do so during the day, or if they work, they can do it early in the evening when it is still light out. It strikes me that waiting until it is dark may well be so as to better hide intended bad behavior.

The other thing is where are the parents. I would never have let my kids out on the street at night in such a volatile situation. Until they went off to college we expected to know where they were and who they were with. In their pre-teen years each had a friend that we could tell was heading for trouble and we separated them from those kids, despite our being friends with the mothers of those kids. And we were right in both cases.

Sorry for the drift but seeing all those young people on the street skirting the edge of what’s going to get them in trouble (or perhaps hurt) leaves me shaking my head.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think that this is what will happen when SHTF collapse. So everyone look at it on tv because it is what will happen.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Brother MB… bro, the days of telling the parents of some of these kids “Hey, you know it’s not the best idea in the world for them to be out there in this.” is long past, my friend…

Was in a McDonalds once… yeah, I know, McFood is nasty… but I got a weakness for Egg McMuffins… sue me.

Anyways, there was this.. erm… very LARGE woman of the Diversity kind with her offspring in another line… kid was making noises about wanting something or other and was generally being a little pain the hindquarters…

“Mom” turns and, without a word, backhands the kid across the chops… “SPAK!” Totally rocked the kid’s head back…

Normally, I mind my own, but this time? I was like “Whoa! Hey! That’s completely uncalled for!”

Doom on me for opening my mouth, I had to endure LaQueefa’s rant towards me about “You don’t beez tellin’ me how to raise mah chile!” for the next 5 minutes… After BonQueesha’s rant was over, I was just like “Jeezus.. No wonder you people grow up fucked up…”

Which earned me another rant, at a higher volume… but I had my McMuffin and coffee, so I was outta there..

Takeaway lesson is that you just can’t tell “parents” how to raise their kids… they seem to think that by grunting out a couple spawn, it automatically qualifies them to be Parent of the Year or Doctor Spock…

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus you should have just gone to your table and eaten your McMuffin and coffee, there is no way to teach the parents on how to raise their kids even if it is screwed up. These kids will turn out to be the same.

Now about the McMuffin you got me thinking about having one too! It has been years!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

There are several generations of kids raised by single mothers with no clue. Males have no clue because they are raised by clueless single mothers perpetuating the cycle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.