Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

I’m with MountainBiker. Your chances of changing their minds now are slim, so buy firearms for the rest of them if you can manage. When they are faced with those who would rape, torture, and kill their daughters they will more than likely decide to use them as a last resort.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am not sure were your family is located but even in a rural area there will be some that are armed and know that your family is not. When they run out of food you know where they are going.

Also if the jails are let out or the gangs from the cities get to that area looking for food that will not leave anyone alive.

So please buy more guns and ammo so you can help them when the SHTF.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

during a flood a devout Christian is trapped on the roof he prays for god to save him

sure enough a row boat floats by but he does nothing to grab it and continues to pray

next comes some good Samaritan in a boat and ask him if he needs help, he says no god will help him

finally the coast guard arrives with a helicopter to rescue the man as the water is now up to his knees he waves them off believing god will save him.

when he drowns he is angry at god for not saving him. This is how many people are, i hope your pacifist are not like this

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am not sure what Christian you are talking about because this Christian will shoot first that ask who you are.

I say all the Christian I know around here have AR 15’s, shotguns, .308 rifles and almost all have handguns. So you are talking about maybe 10% of the Christian, the other Christian will battle to the end.

Profile photo of harrypirini
    harrypirini
    Survivalist
    member1

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>namelus wrote:</div>during a flood a devout Christian is trapped on the roof he prays for god to save him

sure enough a row boat floats by but he does nothing to grab it and continues to pray

next comes some good Samaritan in a boat and ask him if he needs help, he says no god will help him

finally the coast guard arrives with a helicopter to rescue the man as the water is now up to his knees he waves them off believing god will save him.

Agreed God cant help the presumtuous.

when he drowns he is angry at god for not saving him. This is how many people are, i hope your pacifist are not like this

harrypirini
    Survivalist
    member1

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>WhiteKnight wrote:</div>I’m with MountainBiker. Your chances of changing their minds now are slim, so buy firearms for the rest of them if you can manage. When they are faced with those who would rape, torture, and kill their daughters they will more than likely decide to use them as a last resort.

If they ever changed thier mind to use a gun it would be to late. The bad guy already has his gun pointed at some girls head ” drop your weapons or ill shoot”
    But maybe after all the girls are raped and the food water and generator is stolen. They might have a change of heart

harrypirini
    Survivalist
    member1

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>MountainBiker wrote:</div>Harry,being you need to stay with this group, if you are in a position to do so, stock up on ammo & guns enough for at least several in your group, and then be open about yourself being armed and start inviting others to join you for a little practice. At issue here is getting them used to the concept, and hopefully at least a couple others comfortable with guns. Baby steps are better than no steps, Build on this one small success at a time.

I agree but unfortunately its not that simple. Although a few agree with me in principle they will never openly practise shooting for self defence. The truth is many in the group have guns (for hunting). however a coordinated defensive assault is not an option. I can only protect me and maybe one other person. I need a work around plan.

harrypirini
    Survivalist
    member1

I reckon if your smart you can increase ones chances of survival in such a situation. Ill have to be the king of remote detonation devices and homemade explosives(for evasion purposes).
    Dont give all my food for them to store( as it will be stolen)
    Dont agree to be part of any “security plan” the peaceable christains have made as it will be as good as nothing. Ill just say sorry I dont want to be part of the violence
    Ill need to keep myself very mobile and always have a bugout planB
    Any other suggestions?

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Harrypirini, I really like your question. Later, I started wondering if maybe you’re asking a different question. Would it be possible to be part of a pacifist group but be the guy that knows how to use guns and ammunition?

Why not be that guy, if you want to be? It’s your choice.

You pacifist group might not understand because you are violating a core-belief of the group. You could face peer-pressure against gun ownership… But you could quietly go about getting some experience using guns. You could purchase extra equipment and ammunition for the whole group… Or not. You could model responsible, non-aggressive gun ownership and help the group see guns as just another tool. :)

Why not give it a go and see what happens? You could always back-peddle if the group pressure becomes too much… Or you could find another group that is more like-minded.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Harry, my only other suggestion is to seek peace with yourself that you can’t make them all change their way of thinking and that it isn’t your responsibility to somehow protect them all from themselves.

I’ve struggled with that myself with my daughter & her hubby who just can’t see what I see. They have taken some small steps at my urging but they are missing the big picture and I have had to accept that I can’t protect them from afar. It breaks my heart but they are going to do what they’re going to do. I know my son-in-law listens to what I have to say even if he doesn’t fully agree with me and so I planted more seeds for him to ponder this past week.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

more likely group will report you to authorities as a dangerous person, they are too scared so will use faceless government goons do the job.

Starting with a group like that is a disaster waiting to happen unless you are using them in a not nice way to get more resources and meat shields, which then brings your morality into question

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, I understand you, my sister is the same way. I have tried but she just thinks that I am not right and that everything is good. So I have stopped trying.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.