Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of harrypirini
    harrypirini
    Survivalist
    member1

Question: All my friends and family are peacable christains that dont belive in guns for self defence. Me on the other hand is more open minded on the subject of selfdefence. Leaving the group is not an option. They have plenty of food water and resources however. How do I survive?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Most of my thoughts on your situation are sarcastic comments. In truth you and they are not putting yourselves in a position to survive.

God will not save them from death if it comes from others intent on causing harm. I’m actually really bothered to say this but; he has a poor track record for saving Christians or anyone else from death. I don’t even understand why people believe god will save the souls of people that won’t save themselves and/or their loved ones.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

Luke 22:36b Jesus is saying: “…if you don’t have a sword [weapon], sell your cloak and buy one.”

Another often-heard quote (I’m not sure of the source), paraphrased: The best way for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing.

My philosophy is that if we give in to those who would take our lives, then only the evil ones will be left alive. Sorry, that is not acceptable.

Sooner or later, your pacifist friends will be overrun. Truly bad people have no conscience and there is no reasoning with them. So make your plans accordingly. God gives us brains, and in this evil and broken world, death comes to all. Just make sure it doesn’t come too soon.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Stay with your group but let them have their opinions and you have yours.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Harry,being you need to stay with this group, if you are in a position to do so, stock up on ammo & guns enough for at least several in your group, and then be open about yourself being armed and start inviting others to join you for a little practice. At issue here is getting them used to the concept, and hopefully at least a couple others comfortable with guns. Baby steps are better than no steps, Build on this one small success at a time.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>harrypirini wrote:</div>Question: All my friends and family are peacable christains that dont belive in guns for self defence. Me on the other hand is more open minded on the subject of selfdefence. Leaving the group is not an option. They have plenty of food water and resources however. How do I survive?

Take your time, don’t try to force rhe issues.
    With a little luck and some bible study they will come around on their own.

Profile photo of lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Survivalist
    member6

in a WROL setting pacifism will not be enough, some form of defence will be needed unless one lived so far out in the wilds no one would ever find them.

British Survivalist.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Pacifists do one of two things in a crisis , they either learn to fight ………or they die .
    ” Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas ”
    Erwin Rommel

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Yea, stay with the group and just have lot of good stuff (weapon, ammo…) when the SHTF they will be forced to change opinion and learn some things quickly.
    In the meantime still do your best to explain them.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

wildartist is right, It is in the bible, we must prepare to defend our self’s.
    “Luke 22:36b Jesus is saying: “…if you don’t have a sword”

I believe there are many more writings in the bible on this.

You do need to buy more guns and ammo for when things get real bad some will turn to you for help.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Of course it falls to what kind of SHTF happens.
    Snowmageddon? Guns for defense not the same priority as an ethnic cleansing.

Most people in the US go through their lives without needing a gun.
    And short of widespread violence, most would still fall into that category.

And the same applies for most short term situations. But this can be location dependent. Chicago with a power outage of three days is a different situation than Wyoming.
    There was a weeklong power outage 20 years back, nothing happened.yet in 68 NY had a three day outage and the place was bursting at the seams. The 100f temps had much to do with that also.

I know of three god fearing Christians, ministers who all go heeled, always. One is even a Quaker. But he has made the decision to defend his family and flock if trouble comes looking.
    Two of the three came to their ministries later in life, post-Vietnam, post-LE, having seen the worst of man, but their flocks haven’t and generally don’t. Which for most is a good thing.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

IMHO and belief, God granted us each free will. You are free to choose with whom you chose to associate, with whom you choose to call your ‘family’, with whom you choose to do business…and on. Your relaltive’s choice to be pacifist is simply their choice. Hard as it ma be for you, that is their choice and obviously they are willing to bear the consequences s they see and believe them to be. All anyone can do, relatedor not isto follow their own individual beliefs and perhaps hope, by example, their ‘way’ (that is different) sparks different thought process/possibility in another. Do what you feel and believe is right, perhaps if time and circumstance allows plan for the aiding of others, and; hard as it may be,…understand and accept what other’s beliefs, should you emain in their company, may mean for you and your personal survival.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

tweva ,
    agreed , BUT , when it comes to violent people , they are predators , they look for those they perceive as weak , and go out of their way to harm them , because they know there is little to no danger to their own hide . On the other hand , they will avoid those they think or know can kill them , too many easy marks out there for them to go after .

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Harrypirini, I like your question. I like pacifists. In general, they are nice people. The opposite of a pacifist is an aggressor. I know I don’t want to be an aggressor… But I also know in the right situation, I would fight for myself and my girls. Most people will… But for most of us, it’s the very last choice. As it should be.

In many ways I’m a pacifist too. When I have a problem with someone I never used violence to solve my problem. I would like to continue living my life like that in the future. Of course, the future is unknown.

I have been thinking about non-aggressive ways to deal with conflict for a long time. If your group is committed to pacifism, I believe there will be ways to survive a SHFT event but it won’t be the strategies that most people in the SHFT School will use. (They want to stand and fight the “good” fight. In contrast, I want to run and hide!)

Since your group are pacifists and unwilling to stand and fight, it will be important to have a completely stealthy, housing and food production system. The system will have to be mobile too because “your land and buildings” will likely be taken by the guys with guns… but they don’t have to get all your supplies… or enslave your people. Multiply caches will be required. Stealthy scouting, tracking and primitive skills will be very important for your group in case the guys with the guns take your stuff. Creativity and flexibility will be important because you might find yourself making equipment from garbage to survive. At some point, an exit strategy should be in the plan. There will always be other peaceful places in the world.

I think your group sounds great to me! I don’t think it’s wacko to want to live in a world of peace… and do everything in our power to make our future more peaceful.

“All violence is the result of people tricking themselves into believing that their pain derives from other people and that consequently those people deserve to be punished.”
    Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life by Dr Marshall Rosenberg

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

My uncle described it quite nicely in a discussion he had with a religious pacifist: “Part of caring for the flock is keeping the wolf out of your herd.” This mentality has been a major part of Christian dealings for centuries and only changed over the years as a way to keep the population under control. We could debate theology all day, but the short and skinny of it is as such: Do what you have to so that you and yours are protected. No one else is going to sweep in and save you if something happens. Anything else is very childish, naive and overly entitled imo.

Good on you for taking up arms in defense of your group.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.