Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, Even with tents who in there right mind would go to a hospital with tents outside with Ebola patients? No one unless you are dieing. ObameCare would go down and the economy would collapse.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Then it will happen like africa.
    Villages will die after quarantines are implemented.
    But the bug will die with them.

Until recently, the bug wasn’t the problem it is now, thanks to a lack of cheap transportation. Now one can be in the armpit of anywhere and back in NYC within 18 hours without effort.

We need a return to isolation, at least until this crud is over.
    Preferably until we are ready for it.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes Whirlibird, I don’t think we will ever be 100% ready but right now we are not ready for 100 Ebola cases. If it where to grow to 1,000 cases the economy would collapse, no one would go out.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Collapse is a harsh concept.
    More likely, the .gov, bankers, businesses and such will all come to a general consensus.

Suspend all payments/bills for a fixed period. (Credit Card, power/gas, phone, etc)
    No power cutoffs, no job losses, etc.
    Everything continues, just with a pause in payments.
    Food stamp cards for those who don’t have the cash to buy groceries. Basically just exchange the card balance/purchases against yearly taxes to keep it simple for the stores.

What good would this do?
    While the power companies would lose out temporarily, they get to keep their customers and eventually get paid again. Banks? No foreclosures, means the money keeps coming in, they get a much needed PR victory and get to keep the doors open. Mortgages just get extended, no real loss to the banks. Rental properties, again no kicking people out and everything continues when “life” resumes.
    And so on.

It could be that simple.
    And may have to be, if it comes to pass.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whitly, Nothing works as simple as that. What if all the power plant operators get sick or just won’t go to work, or similarly the staff at refineries. Who is going to drive a truck into a city full of ebola cases to deliver Twinkies?

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Twinkies are not essential outside of Zombieland.

But we are back to the isolation/quarantine situation.
    The power, water, etc stay on, but non essentials are hardly going to be delivered.

Deliveries can still be made, trucks drop trailers off at quarantine line, persons from inside come out to get the food after the delivery is made.

Solutions are not complicated, long as everyone involved understands the situation.
    And the end.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

:/ if north america is on the path to collapse then we will probably see panic and riots, martial law, and then the final que de gras to democracy. Martial law won’t be everywhere, they just don’t have the numbers, but it will be big. People think the military will just go home to protect their familys are the same people who say no one will obey a draft if there is a war. The control freaks will figure out a way, plenty of votes that will march to war.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, I wish it was that simple for the government to do things like that but my friend I when though hurricane Andrew and they didn’t even get water to us! Forget food! And that is just one city going down with many cities all around it to help and it didn’t work. FEMA is not that good. They are still working on how to handle a city. This is why I know in a National SHTF FEMA or any other government agency will not be able to control the people.

I see many problems with the Ebola growing on a National level and I think they do too!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Most of this is simple.
    Water: most places the one thing you must have is electricity to run the pumps. The power companies are given incentives to stay online.
    Most large trucking companies could dispatch themselves better than any .gov organization. So let Werner and other companies handle the otr portion, their guys only get in/out to hook up or drop the load, and with no one present.
    Locally, the groceries can handle it.

Simple, no .gov mishandling needed.

All the .gov would have to do is provide the emergency legislation to cover it.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlibird, I really hope this is the way it will work. Now if the Republicans win this Nov the Senate than yes the emergency legislation will pass if needed but if Harry is still in charge I am not sure.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Whirlibird, the problem with the “simple” solution is that everything is too interconnected. The economy is incredibly complex. Just going with one of your examples, if tenants are allowed to delay payment of rent, then the landlord needs to be allowed to delay paying property taxes, insurance, utilities, their mortgage etc. If the town is to then allow delayed payment of property taxes, will the teachers accept late payment of their checks being the town doesn’t have the cash to pay them, or conversely if the town is to borrow it from a bank, where is the bank to get the cash if mortgage payments are being delayed? The Feds aren’t all that smart to come up with a solution that addresses all of the extensions.

Where I worked, Public Health Depts at the Local, State & Federal level were big customers of ours. Whenever something big like Katrina or Sandy came along, our revenue would drop because our customers would be distracted with the relief efforts. They’d eventually resume their normal programs but only on a going forward basis. The revenue we lost was lost forever.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Twinkies is a metaphor for all deliverable goods found in a grocery store. Stores will be empty. People would have to pick between starvation or contamination in a food line run by FEMA, if they still exist beyond a paper document in someones office post shtf.

“All the .gov would have to do is provide the emergency legislation to cover it.” What? The US Gov declares money doesn’t exist. No one needs money, everything is free? OK give me all the guns in your shop I’ll pay you someday if I live. That aint happening.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Exactly, a hiatus on everything.

Your loss, as it were would be “written off” in taxes for the year if nothing else.

Is it perfect, of course not but I have yet to hear a better plan.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Lol… the final fantasy, no money. The government would love it. I better start buying junk silver. jic

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I don’t know the words to kumbaya, I guess I’ll skip that part.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.