Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

With just one patient people don’t want to go to work. What happens when there are 100 or more?

“The nurses on the floor are miserable with a ‘why me?’ attitude, scared to death and overworked because all their co-workers called out sick,” one source told the Post. “One nurse even went as far as to pretend she was having a stroke to get out of working there, but once they cleared her in the ER they sent her back,” the source also told the paper.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/25/hospital-staffers-reportedly-take-sick-day-rather-than-treat-new-yorks-first/

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

With 17 million sick days being wasted every year, they’re just using a resource wisely.

They don’t pay enough to get anyone outside the cdc to risk getting it. Certainly not enough to get me in the hospital itself.

Some idiot goes overseas, treating sick people in an exposed area and he didn’t think he might just get the bug? Its mind numbing.

Time to start quarantining everyone who comes from anywhere.
    At their expense, just to get in the country.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

glad to be alive today, hell of an age to be kicking.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

He went from well to critical so fast it makes people’s heads spin. A nasty virulent strain or a scary new version. Dead by dawn, would be my guess.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirlybird, It doesn’t matter if they are properly using sick day or not. Their absence for work is demonstrative of future problems. First at hospitals then every where as people stay home to avoid getting sick.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I would always choose to be alive for my family and me when SHTF. Those are only small signs what we gonna see if situation worsen.
    System can not survive serious event like widespread epidemic.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I know someone from the Dallas hospital and he has been told by the school his kids go to to please leave his kids at home and not to take them to school till the school says so, WOW! He is going crazy.

If there is an epidemic the country will stop and there will be an economical collapse.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The CDC takes responsibility. And then they dump the problem back on on an understaffed underfunded hospital like Bellevue. You better believe the government is involved in another sick charade so they can blame someone else for their own mistakes. Bellevue so I’ve heard has 1 floor devoted to ebola patients and that looks so makeshift it could have been produced in China. They have no capacity for more people and as soon as the false cases show up with the flu season starting they will be completely overwhelmed like Dallas. Ebola and flu patients in one big incubator with nurses who do shifts and then go home to their families. I agree completely the nurses should quit before a bigger outbreak happens. The CDC has to take charge, or Nyc is toast. they need real isolation for these people like the complaining nurse who can’t see past the tip of her nose. She went to Africa to work on ebola patients well guess what, she may well be one of them. If she breaks out of quarantine they might as well put up a sign – all dead here. Bellevue will be a body drop.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The CDC is a joke just like every other agency run by political hacks. You’re seeing the best effort they can muster now. They have been to busy making sure abortions are performed in Africa to worry about anything that might help in a situation like e have now. I read an interesting comment about the all the advancements in viral containment since the Spanish Flu. We now have plastic suits and rubber gloves and not much else. Reminds me of how advanced we are at disposing of human waste. The only improvements in 200 years are plastic out houses.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

74, if there are hundreds of cases the health care system will either collapse or they will have moved to a triage system in tents in parking lots and in empty warehouses turned into makeshift clinics.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

So what will the Ebola do to ObamaCare if hundreds of cases start happening? We know the economy will collapse too!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“if there are hundreds of cases the health care system will either collapse or they will have moved to a triage system in tents in parking lots and in empty warehouses turned into makeshift clinics” MTB.

Using the same methods used in 1918 and not a lick better. Except in 1918 there were people willing to work in the make shift hospitals. Now I don’t see that many people willing to risk it.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>Whirlybird, It doesn’t matter if they are properly using sick day or not. Their absence for work is demonstrative of future problems. First at hospitals then every where as people stay home to avoid getting sick.

Actually that was a sarcastic jab at that commercial.

Future problems? Perhaps.

I look at it with a jaundiced eye.
    Its one thing to clean up after traffic accidents, fights and such.
    But to step into a room where the slightest mistake on anyone’s part can kill you, and a pretty gruesome death at that, that’s asking or expecting a lot.

Here’s another thought.
    People were shocked to see those NYPD officers disposing of gloves and masks in a public trash can.

But unlike medical personnel, people from the CDC, etc., all they have to keep from getting this crud is a pair of nitrile gloves and an ill fitting mask.

How long until one of the blue suiters gets something, how long until they refuse to go on medical calls? If for no other reason than they’re not trained and equipped. And bluntly, those are some pretty good reasons.

Same applies to medical personnel.
    When merely touching your face inadvertently could kill you, because some idiot had to eat some mystery monkey meat and then jump on a plane home so he didn’t miss the final four, I have a hard time laying blame.

Profile photo of Pheonix
    Pheonix
    Survivalist
    member5

My wife and I have already decided that when the first case is reported in Florida she is quitting her job. She works at an elementary school and a lot of the kids she takes care of have parents who work in hospitals, LW enforcement and as EMTs. She has already informed her boss.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whirly,
    It’s not about blame, who cares about that. It’s about logistics and again the lack of CDC preparedness. They don’t have enough equipment to supply even local cops, what happens if this gets into the greater public, where are supplies going to come from when no one will deliver?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.