Tagged: , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

We all have different ways of looking at things and dealing with how we feel about it. I often times find myself discouraged and down when I spend to much time listening to news or reading lots of posts. I was raised believing if you don’t like the way something is do something about it . I read a post yesterday by Malgus titled ” Blood on my name.”
    I fight those same feelings myself. It is that feeling of dwindling hope, that things have progressed to a point where I can no longer make a difference. Those of us that spend time on this site are self reliant by nature or experience. We have hope that we can make it through. We all know there is a battle between good and evil. Each side has it’s good days and bad. We patriots cling to our beliefs with the “from my cold dead hands” mentality.

The other side feels the same way and we both believe we are right. We all forget at times there is someone greater in control, that there is a bigger picture beyond our view. People forget quickly and are lulled into complacency, taking things for granted they should not. I have heard it said that experience is the best and cruelest teacher. The lesson learned as a child about a hot stove, when mommy told us HOT don’t touch. We did it anyway. 

A painful lesson but it is one we never forgot. In the end of “Blood on my Name” there was a line about building new on the bones of the old. The only way this nation is going to remeber and hold true to what is right and sustainable is to go through a painful lesson. I read Psalms 37 today. It fits so perfectly with todays environment. Read it when you get a chance and don’t lose hope. God is in control.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Psalms Chapter 37

1 (A Psalm of David.) Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

6 And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.

13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.

15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.

16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous.

18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

20 But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

21 The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but the righteous sheweth mercy, and giveth.

22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.

25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

26 He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed.

27 Depart from evil, and do good; and dwell for evermore.

28 For the LORD loveth judgment, and forsaketh not his saints; they are preserved for ever: but the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.

29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein for ever.

30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.

31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

32 The wicked watcheth the righteous, and seeketh to slay him.

33 The LORD will not leave him in his hand, nor condemn him when he is judged.

34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

35 I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a green bay tree.

36 Yet he passed away, and, lo, he was not: yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.

37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

38 But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end of the wicked shall be cut off.

39 But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD: he is their strength in the time of trouble.

40 And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

cool!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks so much for the thread/posts!

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

I figured I was not the only one who felt this way. Just thought I would share a little good news.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think many here feel this way, Thank you 1974 and matt76. May God Bless Us All.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

It’s been over a year since anyone posted here, and suddenly thinking about that, considering the thread topic (“Hope”), seems sad to me. I just received the following from a good friend of mine, and it happened to come almost literally at a time I needed it. He was referring to the state of our nation (U.S.), but I see a much greater meaning, in so many ways, and thought I’d pass it along with the hope that it will be helpful to others as well.

I get daily readings during Advent and the one for today is certainly worth sharing. It does put the big picture into perspective quite nicely. While we must continue to do our best to make things right, it is nice to know that we are not in control, nor is any single party, person, or political persuasion. Think of this as a Christmas gift from Jesus for all who believe.
    ===============================
    What will the end times be like? Luke gives us Jesus’ apocalyptic speech concerning the end of all things: “There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish…Men will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming on the earth. The powers in the heavens will be shaken…” (Lk 21: 25-26).

This is a kind of unraveling of what we read in Genesis. In the beginning, God drew order out of chaos, setting the sun and moon gently in the sky, distinguishing the dry land from the sea, putting our first parents in a peaceful garden.

Jesus predicts the reversal of all of this: the sun and moon will be shaken, the earth will rock, and the waves will overwhelm the dry land. But then, in the midst of this chaos, “the Son of Man will come on a cloud with great power and glory” (Mt 24:30).

What in the world do we make of this? Let us first attend to the imagery of collapse. A sad but undeniable fact of our experience is that nothing lasts. The gorgeous sunset endures for a few minutes and then it is dark; the placid sea is roiled by great winds; plants grow up, and then they wither and fade; animals roam the earth and impress us with their power and beauty, but in a matter of a few years, they fade away. Everything in the cosmos passes—and indeed the cosmos itself passes.

Next, we hear about political chaos: nations will be in tumult. Well, one is tempted to ask, “What else is new?” Even the most casual survey of history shows that nations have always been in tumult. Politics has always been a blood-sport. Peace is usually just a brief pause between battle, a chance for the two sides to take a breath.

So, in light of this collapse and political chaos, do we just fall into depression? No! We realize again the liberating truth that nothing here below lasts, neither in nature, nor the cosmos, nor politics, nor our own bodies. Everything passes. Therefore, don’t expect to find your ultimate fulfillment in any of it! Look elsewhere; look higher. Look to the Son of Man.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Thank you -“it is nice to know that we are not in control.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.