Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of etxgranny
    etxgranny
    Survivalist
    member2

Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin

4 tbsp. butter
    2 tbsp. honey
    1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed (Ribs or chops work good also.)
    1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    3/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an ovenproof pot, heat butter and honey over medium heat until melted. Sprinkle pork tenderloin with Cajun seasoning and black pepper. Brown each side for 5 minutes in the honey butter. Lower heat if honey begins to burn.

Place pot in oven and roast uncovered for 15 – 20 minutes*. Remove pot from oven and transfer the pork to a plate. Cover with foil. Add water to the pot and stir over medium heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes, until sauce is reduced slightly. Slice pork on the diagonal and drizzle sauce over top to serve.

*NOTE: May need to cook longer depending on the size and thickness of the pork tenderloin.

I have also made this in a crockpot (my preferred method): Here is how to make this in a crock pot.

I pan-seared seasoned thick cut pork loin chops (5 minutes each side) and transferred the chops to the crockpot. In the pan I made the butter and honey mixture, I double the amounts for the crockpot. As soon as it turns a richer color( do not let it get too dark or burned) I pour it over the chops. Turn the chops over to ensure they were coated with sauce and cover. I set it on low for about 3 hours and it smells wonderful!

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

A good pork tenderloin is hard to beat and this sounds delicious.

etxgranny
    Survivalist
    member2

Thanks Matt we never have leftovers!

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

NO FAIR! I do not have time to do this today. All day I will have visions of one piece of this on my plate.
    Robin

etxgranny
    Survivalist
    member2

LOL Robin wish we had smell-a-vision!! This is so easy and so good! Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.