Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

On our homestead we make our laundry soap. We’re happy with the combination of healthier ingredients for skin, better for environment, and lower cost. This week we made five gallons for around $2.50 and if purchased in store cost is much more.  We save enough money over the course of the year to pay the vehicle insurance and our hunting licenses. Learned awhile back prepping has its benefits.

Link to learn more:

http://wellnessmama.com/462/how-to-make-nautral-homemade-laundry-detergent/

Side note: our workshop on clamming (purple varnish clams) went well and brought home plenty of clams for Mother’s Day clam chowder. We have a goal this year around learning more about foraging from our environment.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks Chester! Congrats on the clam haul!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Chester thanks for the link. I look try it out.

Profile photo of libbylindy
    libbylindy
    Survivalist
    member4

I agree with the soap making. We do all our laundry soap and have done that for awhile. It is a great saving! It cleans just as well and I have stored up the ingredients so I have enough to last our lifetime – literally. Now I want the hand washing machine. We have an old water tank that I want my husband to convert into the kind I have seen on the websites and youtube where you agitate the clothes by hand using a lever. Then I invested in one of the small hand wringers and lots of clothesline and clothespins. With all that, I should be able to keep the clothes clean enough for who its for. US!!!

Now all I need is enough hours in the day to do the gardening, tend the chickens, can the produce, cook the meals and clean up afterwards, wash the clothes, and find time somewhere in the day/night to sleep when I don’t have to be on opsec. How long can this pace be kept up? I guess you do what you have to do when the time comes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.