Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Home Fortress – Safest Home in World!

I ran into this intriguing video while looking for more mundane ways to harden a suburban house. I realize it’s beyond the means of most of us, but some of the concepts may be applicable to existing (and less expensive) dwellings. Though it probably isn’t zombieproof, it might discourage ordinary burglary. I thought it worth a look … narrated in Polish, with English subtitles.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tec,
    The house is very interesting conceptionally, but as you said cost is as problem. All the automated moving walls and shutters are a liability when the power goes out. Defensively castle and fort designs with static defense systems that can be copied and built is where I’d pull from for ideas.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

One of the related videos after that one was the following – a VERY simple change that almost anyone can make to secure doors (a most common entry point, at least around here). Add 3″ screws not only to the door bolt plate, but also to the hinge plates. That last part comes at the very end of the video when the door holds, but the entire door frame is kicked out of the wall. Of course a metal, or at least metal-clad door also helps, as you’ll see in the video. (I particularly liked who they were attempting to keep OUT in the opening frame of the video as shown below. :-) )

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Very interesting and creative design, though in my simple way I just think when you might need it most in a grid down situation nothing is going to work without power. Even home generators to power it are only as good as you have fuel to power them. The other thing is that sooner or later you must leave the house. Nobody has supplies enough to go on forever holed up inside. If you are living where you feel the need for such measures, then you are probably living in the wrong place. A pretty neat place nonetheless.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If you are living where you feel the need for such measures, then you are probably living in the wrong place” MB

Truer words have never been spoken. Realistically living in a location where there would be no threats is not possible for most of us. There are to many strings attached. Cutting them all for a non existent place in the future doesn’t make sense either. There will be no safe havens after shtf.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by Profile photo of 74 74.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.