Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of hillbilly chic
    hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

i hope im doin this right so here goes im not big on joining stuff but reading others messages without telling a little about myself just dont feel right kida like reading someoones mail. we came up hard and poor ever seen coal miners daughter just like that minus the sweet daddy he was a mean drunk my moma a preacher not a good combo baby of 7 kids but we all knew were pretty much on our on from get go dont ever remember not going to bed hungry till i was grown and married drawed water from the well still got caluses from it outhouse and all that that kind of livin implies but that made me strong and flexable so lord knows his business as far as surviving goes i ve lived my life but if i can help my kids and grand kids live ,love,have a life got no problem taking one for the team but i aint going easy or alone thats my philosphy.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

You are doing great Hillbilly chic. Welcome here!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome hillbilly chic. I imagine you have some life experiences that some of us here can learn from. Do you still live rural?

hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

i live so far back in the woods they have to pump sunlight inlol seriously about a mile and a half off the paved road my property borders on a lake and about a 2 or 300 hundre acre camp for very rich people to send their kids to be all they can be them too you know test their metal top of my mountain is blue ridge but the mountain i came from is called mounteagle in tn and we have savage gulf thats pretty ruff country honestly tho i spent several years in the city lived in downtown in the carpet capitol of the world and also in projects other places to as a kid so seen em both woods are ruff livin but its beautiful

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Hello and welcome.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

thanks yall appreciate it

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum hillbilly chic.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I know where Monteagle, TN is. My folks retired to Manchester, Real nice area. I’ve got good friends over in Dunlap too.

hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

i lived in the projects in manchester off oak st.they have bonnaroo there every year but i know how the police are there no way ide go ever been to mobys in dunlap? i have dropped off the mountain and went there been a long time another life ago if u know what i mean mountain people if they like u u got a friend but kin folks kill kin folks up there alot mostly cause there so close and betrayel is a killin offence not sayin its rite just sayin

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

For a little town (Manchester), I have never seen so many police. And whatever they say the speed limit is there, they mean it. That said, when my Dad died, never in my life have I experienced anything so respectful and moving. The funeral home was right on the entrance ramp to the interstate and when we came out of the funeral home the police had the highway blocked so that the procession could make an illegal turn across it, and then they had every intersection blocked going out of town so that the procession could move unimpeded. As we neared Tullahoma where the church and cemetery was, the Tullahoma police were waiting for us and they too blocked every intersection all the way to the church, and then they did it again when we went from the church to the cemetery. That was more than we had ever experienced in our lives but we were totally floored by the general public. My parents had only been there a couple years and nobody knew them but every car coming in the opposite direction to us just stopped where they were as we passed them. On Rt 55 between Manchester & Tullahoma, which is a 4 lane divided highway, every vehicle on the other side of the highway also stopped, including tractor trailers. As we went down the main drag in Tullahoma, everyone on the sidewalks stopped where they were and the men took off their hats. Much as I love New England, never in your wildest dreams would you see anything like that here. It’s been 19 years almost and just remembering all this has made me teary.

As for Dunlap, I think I’ve hit most of the bars there but I don’t remember their names, except one my friends called Lards. Let’s just say I was way overdressed which in combination with none of the regulars knowing me, I stuck out like a sore thumb. My friends picked me up at the airport and we stopped at Lards when we got into town. I was wearing dockers, a polo shirt, and topsider shoes and one old drunk tells me I’m not from around there. I tell him no I’m not. He’s sure I must be somebody important. I tell him no I’m not but he’s sure I am and finally settles for I must be from the other side of the mountain. We had a good time.

hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

o.k i said i was gonna shut up but hopefully ill just post this once , meant no disrespect to the police individually ,, im just saying them same officers that treated you and yours with such kindness at that procession will i promise you from personal experience,given any type civil disorder real or imagined be some of the most vicious you will ever meet ,as to the road closings and such that is a southern thing not to discount the signifance to the grieveing family ,we always do that ask anyone from small town to large ever heard of southern hosptitally thats part of it just like we always feed the men and kids first man always gets biggest piece of meat etc…its a respect thing were big on that stuff down south ,clanish, like that ,old country carry over i hope ive not offended you in any way just trying to explain our traditions

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

hillbilly chic wrote:

…got no problem taking one for the team but i aint going easy or alone thats my philosphy.

Nice to meet you!
    Welcome to SHTF University :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Welcome, hillbilly chic. I think people that have had hard lives are the best prepared for any SHTF event. They already know how to do “possum living”. They know how to live cheaply or free. They can find a dozen uses for something a “richer” person would only see as garbage. They are tough as nails… and they’re realists.

For people out there that have never heard of “possum living”, please read Dolly Freed’s book Possum Living: How to Live Well Without a Job and (Almost) No Money. I learned a lot about cheap living from this book.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

hillbilly chic, no offense at all. I know it was Southern hospitality. I had never experienced anything like that before. Fortunately I haven’t had to deal with them under non-hospitality circumstances. The police did the road blocking things again last year when my Mom passed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.