Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hbarh
    Hbarh
    Survivalist
    rprepper

this was not a “survival” situation, but it relates to a problem most (%60-%70) have and definitely factor in a survival situation. a friend sold his sporting goods store and i swung by to see him. he had 2 large (refrigerator size) safes he wanted to keep. one was in a closet just a little bigger than the safe. there was 6 men looking at it, for 30-45 minutes, tryin to decide how to get it out of the closet. i walked up and mentioned putting a strap around and draging it out. i was met with a soundoff of “can’t be done!”s and “it weighs to much!”. i went outside to my pickup and got a ratchet strap and put it around the safe. when i pulled and i slid a little, i suddenly had all kinds of help and we got the safe loaded in the trailer. they didn’t need my help, they needed someone to make a decision. to survive, a person must be able to make decisions in a timely manner and act on them.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hbarh – Totally agree. Even in life now, there are people who ‘waffle’, people who descend into complete indecision miasma and people who are decision makers. People need to be honest with themselves about who they are and how they react naturally.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

My 84 year old father does that to me all the time with all type of jobs, he will look at me working and out of no were he will ask me why not do it this way or that way. I will just look at him and LOL!! He is think overtime and always find an easier way.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Thats going to be a problem for most people , especially when to use a gun …..its not a natural thing to knowingly kill another person if its not clear cut  evident danger ….there will be grey areas we find ourselves in . All we can do is the best we can given the situation and information we have at the time . We are going to make mistakes ………………lets hope they are not fatal ones .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik, It will be very hard not to make a mistake in a SHTF in the cities, there will be so much going on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.