Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Agree with 74 100%

C if your not already living the thug life, I would not suggest black market anything. Prep up, so that you don’t have to go out and hunt/gather. If SHTF 90% of what you will be doing all day is chores and problem solving… (especially in the begining) in other words, not paying attention to security. Unless of course you have a decent size group to split the work load.

If I had to resort through back channels… it would be through a go between only… especially if its someone I dont know. You will get screwed the more you play the odds.

I don’t classify craigs list, the bargan finder, or neighbor to neighbor selling as black market. Drugs, prostitution, and stolen goods are black market. I think your approaching the idea of trading in a very rational, and logical way, in my humble opinion if SHTF the chances of a rational and logical persons trading goes out the window.

You go to trade with the real criminal element, they might take your women and pimp them out, shoot you and take your ****, or worse… and it will be because you are an outsider goodie good/ soft.

The more people that go through bad experiences, the more bad experiences they will share with other people. This is why I do not believe in violence as a force for good. It may be necessary to save your life or someone elses life of course, but if you get to the point where you have to use it, its already to late, violence has or is being done to you. *rant rant.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

C,
    Staying away from people like that is exactly my point. If you delve into the underside of society by being where they are, you will meet them face to face. If you try to deal with these types of people you will get burned. The nice man selling milk may turn into a monster and you may find that out in time, but the guy that aready is a monster is going to be a problem the very moment the lights go out.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Excellent discussion Guys, I appreciate the thoughts shared. Black market trading aside can anyone add other things to my list of what are some of the essential skills needed that many people do not think about developing…?

This morning I thought offensive and defensive driving is something very necessary but often overlooked… What other things?

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Toby,
    Add to driving skills snow, ice and mud.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Teacher? How about stealth? Sometimes knowing how to move in silence is important.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

Excellent points 74

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

I mostly gotta go with Miss C on this one.

Get your feet wet in the Black Market NOW, so it is not a new experience after SHTF.
    But I do hear what 74 is saying, the criminal element will move in and try and control. Gotta be ready for that, or we will be overtaken in a bad deal. Plus, even the “good people” will have to descend to a lower common denominator, as Selco has taught in the course. White Knight prolly has the best overall statement. It will all be a harder, more violent world after SHTF.

We all speak of SHTF like it is a long term and/or permanent condition, which is OK but here’s how I see it:

TEOTWAWKI:
    A large, world changing event that is very swift and decisive. Think of a World War, or huge economic event like the collapse of the U$D, an EMP or widespread Ebola. HUGE SCALE

SHTF
    Sh!t Hits The Fan, Poo-poo Contacts the Propellor, etc…
    The Ensuing Chaos after the TEOTWAWKI Event. Could start immediately if it is a war, or have a small calm time for a U$D Collapse or an EMP. But things change drastically when money, food, supplies and water run low and methods of obtaining these dwindle. This is where we can prepare for the inevitable fallout, and make survival possible by using foresight and (un)common sense…
    This SHTF time period could last a week… a month… a YEAR (Selco)… or longer. We cannot predict. the duration of this “event” but if we are over-prepared at least we sailed through relatively easily. Do Not Count On This!

REBUILDING
    This is the phase we all hope to reach. At this time the “Black Market” will tend to morph into a version of real free market capitalism, as supply lines and producers are reestablished new ones are made. Hopefully the Crony Capitalists are swept away in the TEOTWAWKI and SHTF Phases, because if they survive, these chameleons will have assumed a much more passive and stealth appearance. People will no longer want the old order, and the NWO is just the OWO re-branded and marketed to the sheeple. Never forget this!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

What about fitness…? What do we all think about that?

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The black market today will not be the same people. The good people in the black market will not be able to do the same thing in a SHTF times. Criminals will see the money that they can make in the black market and will take anyone that is in there way that may undercut them.

Some in the black market today have a network where they get there supplies from which will end in a large SHTF time and will be out of the business. Many criminals and gang member that run the drug & gun running business will be in charge of many of the black market. You will have a hard time showing silver or gold to buy there products without getting hit going back to where you live.

Even the good guys will have to deal with the criminals and gang member to get supplies and maybe hit them self’s. It will be a mob type of business.

I say store and prepare now so you do not have to deal with them.

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Toby C wrote:

What about fitness…? What do we all think about that?

LOL, I believe you are using the “community mind” to give yourself ideas for a school paper or an article :D

IMO Physical Fitness is a very important aspect. I have taken it on myself to do a few things:
    1. Lose Weight (although a few extra pounds is an asset in a survival scenario).
    I went down to 195#, and feel better and of course, look better. I am “pausing” at this point, and trying to maintain this weight by adding muscle.
    2. Strength Training
    Doing some light weight lifting (need heavier dumbbells) for now, plus pushups. I have read that PLANKING is good, similar to pushups. I will add some things as I progress. Gotta keep it in a morning routine for now…
    3. Jogging and Running
    Fight or Flight? Strength helps for fighting, but technique is more important. But knowing when to run, and being able to run is perhaps the best strategy. A fight avoided is a fight WON! Egos have no place in an SHTF scenario.

Good Topic, Tobias… ;)

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

freedom wrote:
    The black market today will not be the same people. The good people in the black market will not be able to do the same thing in a SHTF times. Criminals will see the money that they can make in the black market and will take anyone that is in there way that may undercut them.

HISTORY notes exceptions to this…
    Can’t remember the name, but the guy who was interviewed about the Argentinian Economic Meltdown said something to the effect that “After one weekend, the banks did not re-open, the politicians were on TV and radio saying that the banks would re-open soon and that all would be OK nut the money would be different. The very next day, the ‘underground black market’ was out on EVERY Street, with all types of goods that were hard to come by under the old crumbling money system. Our ‘currency of choice’ was gold rings, which were weighed.” He said something about the Gold being an assumed karat weight in the marketplace… As I remember it was 14k?

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Fittness for me these days = ability to hike 6-15 km per day with a 45 pound pack. If SHTF I want to be able to do 20 in a day.

Ive been semi active all my life, used to be a serious weight lifter back before my personal SHTF. So there are a wide variety of opinions on exorcize and training, to that I can attest.

But in my opinion, endurance is everything. I used to be all for a balance of muscle strength and endurance, but after I started really reading about old school martial arts, not the dance classes of today, i decided that endurance and speed(tech) where all that mattered. Strength matters for grappling when you fight fair and don’t go for the eyes.

Anyway my current training routine is a lot of hiking with the pack. I value being able to walk miles on hard feet, and at the same time I don’t have to worry about losing the weight I worked hard to put on this last couple years, because I can keep my metabolism lower than a high output half hour routine.

When I was going to the gym back in the day my metabolism was so high, I was hungry all the time and couldn’t gain a pound. Its a serious issue if you consider what you might have to go through if SHTF. I find it ironic that the first world wants to be skinny when we face an agricultural food crisis compounded by peak oil.

1 pound of human fat = 3300 cals. easy to carry calories.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

Underground, I have zero respect for that kind of corruption and trading, the only level of interaction I will ever have with that part of society is scraping it off my boot. I’ve seen that side of life, what happens to children and women caught in it. Its enough to leave you wondering where they got the gold ring and that new whore.

You trade with cunts like that, as far as I am concerned you are enabling them to continue to make suffer those they steal from. zero respect. matter of fact, bloods starting to boil at the thought. just my opinion, just my choice…

if a bunch of raping thieves had antibiotics and i was going to die without them, the solution to the equation is pretty simple… the **** would you trade with them for… zero respect.

i won’t even shop at wall mart anymore… trade with human filth? more like wheres the bleach…

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

KOS wrote:
    Underground, I have zero respect for that kind of corruption and trading, the only level of interaction I will ever have with that part of society is scraping it off my boot. I’ve seen that side of life, what happens to children and women caught in it. Its enough to leave you wondering where they got the gold ring and that new whore.

You trade with cunts like that, as far as I am concerned you are enabling them to continue to make suffer those they steal from. zero respect. matter of fact, bloods starting to boil at the thought. just my opinion, just my choice…

if a bunch of raping thieves had antibiotics and i was going to die without them, the solution to the equation is pretty simple… the **** would you trade with them for… zero respect.

i won’t even shop at wall mart anymore… trade with human filth? more like wheres the bleach…

I’m just relating the events in Argentina, from memory, let me see if I can get a link.
    It was supposedly the common folks who did this. Not sure though…

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Here it is KOS:

http://www.wealthdaily.com/articles/junk-gold-and-silver/3689

Interesting Story

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.