Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JerseyOutlaw
    JerseyOutlaw
    Survivalist
    member2

Welcome! Please introduce yourself? (Name, age, gender, location for example)

Hello all, My name is Steven Adams, and I’m getting close to 50, but still act 18ish. I’m from South Jersey, about 30 miles north of Atlantic City, in the Long Beach Island/Pine Barren area. I “woke up” back in 2009, after supporting Obama, and seeing where he could have “changed” everything with the Democratic control, and just continued to do what Bush did, only worse. I retired in 2011 a Patrol Sergeant, after 21 years with the local PD, and have been keeping busy with construction. I’m lucky to have a lot of experience in construction and police. I have a huge firearms background, but focus on the basics-I am a teacher, and that’s all a whole other story.

Since when are you into survival and preparedness and what made you get into it?

Aside from having incredible respect for Selco and what he’s done here, I’m friends with Tom Brown Jr. and instructors from his Tracker School. I’ve assisted with instruction at their Urban Escape class and love their survival teaching.
    Most of all, it’s obvious what’s happening, and I want to protect my children.

Why is survival and preparedness important or interesting for you? What scenario are you preparing for?

At this point in history, I don’t think you can prepare for any one scenario. We are closing in on a financial crash, which I believe will lead to the biggest war we’ve ever seen. Our climate is collapsing so fast, which may prove to be our end.

How would you describe your prepping / survival philosophy? What matters for you?

My philosophy is education and simplicity. My children and family matter the most. I also have a great sense of community here after taking part in recovery efforts after Sandy. This area was destroyed and over a year later, still destroyed. The government/corporations have scammed whatever they can, and it was the community coming together that accomplished the most.

Do you have some favorite quotes or words of wisdom you like?

“When the Last Tree Is Cut Down, the Last Fish Eaten, and the Last Stream Poisoned, You Will Realize That You Cannot Eat Money” “Beware the one gun man”

You are dying and have 30 seconds left, what do you do or say?

Never stop educating yourself!! Do your own research, the truth isn’t that hard to find, but can be very hard to accept. Just because you are born into something doesn’t make it right…or an excuse.
    Peace

Profile photo of Tuffhorse
    Tuffhorse
    Survivalist
    member1

Welcome! Sounds like we can learn a lot from you. I “woke up” in 2010 when I saw a snippet on the NDAA and what was happening to our Constitutional Rights and I blame Bush and Obama for being tyrants.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome Steven!
    Very good words of wisdom.

anika
    anika
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Great to have you here, Steven!

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Welcome aboard, Steven.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Hi Steven. I hesitate to discuss politics, preferring to deal with the results….but I hear you. Hopefully you will have some time to share some of your knowledge with everyone. Yes, education never stops. Welcome.

Profile photo of JerseyOutlaw
    JerseyOutlaw
    Survivalist
    member2

Thank You Everyone!! I’m always happy to answer questions and since I started with Selco’s online class, and now this new opportunity, I also look to learn from you all here too!! :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.