Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TXPrep
    TXPrep
    Survivalist
    member1

TXprep here,
    Been prepping for 6 yrs seriously but realized as i got older i had always been one. My Father owned a security company in the 70’s and subcontracted for the CIA during that time. The idea of being prepared was drilled into our souls during every days’ chores and then into my professional life as a Executive Chef. Formal Culinary training is very much like military training, w/o the physical fitness focus. We have a term, “Mise en Place”, french for “everything in it’s place”, (loosely translated). Or having everything needed to complete a task prior to starting the task. This is how i perceive prepping. I imagine what possible threats could threaten my wife, home or way of life, and i try to collect all the skills, materials needed to combat those threats, PRIOR to the threat unfolding. I have found that, advanced weapon handling, bushcraft are those skills we preppers focus on the most and for good reason. However, i believe that for a well rounded “survival skill Kit”, i have really tried to focus on, emergency medical skills, vehicle repair, electronics repair and even basic construction/engineering techniques. My theory is that for long term survival we (all of us) will need to be “jacks of all trades” to have the best “survival skills kit”. I wanted to jus say hello and thank you all for being part of the solution rather than just another parasite on our weakened society. The U.S. is in Critical condition and we have a chronic disease called Progressive Liberalism. Unfortunately i feel we will have to have another 9.11 or worse to wake the mainstream up to the fact that a Muslim extremism, ebola, Constitutional overreach, paper based economy, Fed. agency expansion and militarization is all a well orchestrated plan from within. I fear that the only way back is through armed intervention against those who would destroy our way of life and the Constitution which hold us together. All i can say is, Be ready to decide how far you are willing to go to protect what has been built, bleed for and died for my generations of brave men and women for the past 240 years. Our enemies are willing to die for what they believe. Are you?

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello TXPrep and welcome here!

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Welcome TxPrep -you are fortunate in your chef’s training….making storage food taste other than what it is takes more than the skill I possess! Better than starving, but sometimes…

Mise enPlace. Perfect!

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Don’t be afraid to jump in.

Profile photo of Ron S
    Ron S
    Survivalist
    member6

Welcome TXPrep. Like you, I also found that I had always been a prepper although for different reasons. My parents were products of the Depression of the 1930s and tried to be as ready as possible if something similar happened again. Unfortunately, neither they or I even considered having water on hand until getting interested in the proparedness mindset. hopefully you will find many different experiences from the folks here that will enhance your chances of survival under extreme circumstances. Ron S

Profile photo of TXPrep
    TXPrep
    Survivalist
    member1

Thanks for the welcome. I have found that your real life experiences, described here, of an actual prolonged and deadly serious SHTF situation has really helped me. I realized that the things that i thought would have value wouldn’t and that the items you described had value, i.e. car batteries, wood, cloth, hygiene products, etc. I have reassessed my strategy to include many of the items you described. Thank you for that.

Profile photo of Ghost Prime
    Ghost Prime
    Survivalist
    member6

TXPrep, Welcome. Like to get to know you as I am a native Houstonian. Raised in Meyerland in SW. Hou is a different place from when I grew up. I started driving at 14 before they had completed 610. Like you said, our country is really different for many reasons.

In answer to your question I will say I subscribe to the Patton philosophy of making the other SOB die for his beliefs. I fully intend to fight for and LIVE for mine!

Do you make coquille st. jacques? It is one of my favorite dishes.

For God, Family, Country, & Liberty!

Profile photo of lovelynightbird
    lovelynightbird
    Prepper
    member2

Hi TXprep,
    I was born and raised in Indiana now living in Israel. Welcome to the group.
    Not sure where my prepper mentality came from, but since I can remember I always thought something was going to go wrong.

Looking forward to you posts.

LovelyNightBird

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome, pull up a chair and stay a while.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome TXprep. I’m guessing that you are urban/suburban if you work as an executive chef. There have been a number of conversations about how urban vs rural areas would fare come SHTF. We’ll look forward to your perspectives there in the next round.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Welcome to the forum TXprep

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>lovelynightbird wrote:</div>Hi TXprep,<br>
    I was born and raised in Indiana now living in Israel. Welcome to the group.<br>
    Not sure where my prepper mentality came from, but since I can remember I always thought something was going to go wrong.

Looking forward to you posts.

lovelynightbird, I too have always just known that the future was somehow not going to look like the recent past, though I had no idea why that would be or what was going to happen. I have always had prepper proclivities long before I ever took purposeful action.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Hello from INDY!!! (bad timing, I know…) ;)

TxP, you have an awesome outlook on this! Very organized, and your list made me realize how blessed I am. I have a lot of the skills that you listed as wanting to acquire, my profession is ELECTRICIAN, and I have been around construction for many years. I need to acquire the CQB and firearms skills, but I have me some “hardware” ;)

I really like seasoned “new members” such as yourself, it lends a breath of fresh air and new outlook to our task at hand. I’ve always admired the “Texas State of Mind” or whatever you want to call it, to me it is something like “Buck OFama, we can go it ALONE!” WHEN that day comes, (not “IF”) I’m sure there will be a mass exodus of ex-Kommiefornia Lib-Tards leaving so fast that it will sound like Ross Perot’s “giant sucking sound” all over again! :D :D :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

lovelynightbird wrote:
    Hi TXprep,
    I was born and raised in Indiana now living in Israel. Welcome to the group.

From the HEARTLAND to the HOLY LAND!
    That is a story I’d love to hear sometime, LNB! ;)

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of TXPrep
    TXPrep
    Survivalist
    member1

Ghost thank you, for the welcome.
    I’m not a native Texan, actually i’m from CA. Laguna Beach, born and raised. But don’t loose faith in me just yet. i was born and raised by the daughter of a Marine 1st Sgt. and a Canadian who couldn’t wait to become an American. Not once did he associate himself with being Canadian, but always as an American. We flew old glory 365. I was very lucky to be raised how, when and where i did. CA is a different place then it was in the 70’s and 80’s. My wife is from Houston and after i sold my restaurant in Palm Springs i wanted OUT of that Liberal cesspool. Unfortunate as i l love the ocean and mountains of CA but the people, taxes and unconstitutional laws are too much to bare. BTW Patton is one of my favorite historical figures. One of the last realists, who wasn’t afraid to speak out about the TRUTH of a people and the dangers associated with ignoring those truths for political gain, or any other reason. I’m glad to meet you and am glad that we have another willing to fight on the side of liberty. Thank you

Profile photo of TXPrep
    TXPrep
    Survivalist
    member1

Oh i forgot,
    coquille st Jacques… yes i made it in Culinary School. I love it too as i do almost all traditional French cuisine. I have made dishes or versions similar to the classic dish. However I can, and do, cook french food as my primary speciality. I was Classically trained at the CIA (culinary institute of America) in Hyde Park NY. I love to eat and make classic dishes, however I’m trying to keep my weight down and cholesterol and st. jacque is “so” good but hard on the waist. I did a dish consisting of the large “diver” or “dry pack U10″(under 10 per #) scallops, seared, then basted in Irish butter until mid-rare, served in a Scallop shell, was a small salad of Frissee lettuce and baby chantrelle mushrooms(girolle), scallop on top of salad, Chervil Beurre Blanc sauce, Osetra caviar as garnish. Kind of a contemporary version of st. jacque?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.