Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Health care worker at Dallas hospital tests positive for Ebola. Now we are having a problem with the truth about how does this Ebola virus infects people that have full protection gear. Has this Ebola virus become more infectious?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/12/health-care-worker-at-dallas-hospital-tests-positive-for-ebola/

Profile photo of lovelynightbird
    lovelynightbird
    Prepper
    member2

Freedom my husband has been saying this exact thing. It doesn’t make sense that the virus can only be spread through body fluids when he can tell from the news that even people in full body protection are getting it. Now we have proof. Thanks for posting and I will pass this on.

LovelyNightBird

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

My post disappeared!

See 74’s thread for info I guess :P

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

FFS…… germs are the one thing designed to kill us, and no one is taking this seriously.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

LovelyNightBird, What I have heard from some doctors that I know very well since I studied medicine and have many that are my friends they tell me that they believe Ebola or the new Ebola is semi-airborne. Maybe able to travel from 3 feet to as fare as 20 feet,they don’t know for sure. Also they told me that it is way more infectious that what we have been told.

All of them have told me to not post names or locations of where they are. One thing I can say is that the doctor that was in charge of the ER in Dallas has been fired so all the other doctors don’t want to talk about this because they will fire them.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I think everyone’s confidence has been shaken in the healthcare system and CDC. They are so afraid of causing panic they will say anything to minimize the danger. Freedom, either we have the same friends, or the doctors are being consistent. My friends are saying it has to be a lot more infectious than we are being told.

Blaming the nurse for breaking protocol follows the administration’s philosophy of blame someone else. Preferably someone low enough they can’t fight back.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes Roadracer, the doctors I know in Texas and here in Miami are all telling the same story that the Ebola virus is more infectious than the Ebola before. Some are going farther and telling me it is semi-airborne which means it can travel from 3 to 20 feet.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Ebola Nurse Boyfriend Reportedly Admitted With Ebola Symptoms

http://gotnews.com/ebola-nurse-boyfriend-reportedly-admitted-ebola-symptoms/

On deck, boy friends co workers.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

I think the hospital idea of “full protective gear” is: glorified long apron, long sleeve shirt/scrubs, scrub pants, face shield (or goggles), surgical mask and surgical gloves. A full PP4 is a body suit with clear opening at the face and includes built-in gloves and booties!
    Robin

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes Robin some hospitals are not using a full PP4 but didn’t the CDC say in public that Ebola is not that infectious and that the public will not get it that easy. The problem starts with the CDC not tell the public and hospitals the truth.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’d like to see someone in the know comment about whether we have the requisite PP4 supplies for hospitals across the country to use with all suspected ebola cases and in emergency room admissions too being you can’t know ahead of time what is going to walk in the door. I suspect that we do not which might partly explain the CDC and their minion’s having been playing the “ebola is hard to catch” card. It could be that I am giving the CDC too much credit here in assuming that they do know what the proper protective protocols need to be. Most Americans just assume that whatever supplies are needed for any event can just materialize on demand. There could be a hard lesson here in the just in time global economy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

MtBiker,
    I read this moments before seeing your post. The article has many other points to make.

“There are, in fact, a total of four medical isolation units in the entire United States, as we noted yesterday, that are capable of handling infected Ebola patients near endlessly.
    Where are they, and what can they handle?
    Emory University’s Serious Communicable Disease Unit is in Atlanta, GA. That’s where Brantly and Writebol were treated. It has three beds.
    St. Patrick Hospital’s ICU Isolation Unit beds.
    The National Institute of Health’s Special Clinical Studies Unit is in Bethesda MD. It has seven beds.
    And the biggest, the Nebraska Medical Center’s Biocontainment Unitbeds.

3+3+7+10=23 beds, coast to coast.

So, for the entire country, all 316,100,000+ of us, we’re fully prepared to treat 23 Ebola patients at the same time. (For reference, that’s how many Ebola patients Liberia had last April. It hasn’t gone well.)

But the 316M-person question is, what happens when we have 24?”

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/ebola-the-culture-war/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Good article. Though we have only 23 beds for ebola patients, the reality is that suspected ebola patients are walking into hospitals across the country whether those hospitals are ready or not, and so at a minimum can they start putting their people in PP4 garb? I suspect we do not have adequate supplies available for that to happen. I’d sure like to see a reporter ask the CDC that at their next press conference.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74, good information, only some large cities have supplies. MountainBiker reporters are not going to ask that question because they know the answer is no and that would start a problem with the public. The news media is in it with the CDC.

We will see this happen soon all over the nation were small hospitals will have people walk in with Ebola and there will be no stopping it.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I imagine that a lot of people at the CDC are sweating bullets over this. What really scares them is that the general population no longer believes anything the government says. There are as many liberals who are distrustful of the government as conservatives. So it’s not a political thing. How are they going to keep order if the numbers start climbing past the 23 beds. Even if this does not become a pandemic, the hit on the economy will be great. Already hearing people talking about driving instead of flying. It seems that several flights a day are being disrupted by ebola scares. If people start cutting back on movies, meal out, etc. the business community will definitely feel it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.