Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year!

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Thank you Freedom, and same to all. The only thing of which we can be certain, is that it will at least be a most interesting year – one way or the other. Someone once said, “If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear.” Werks fer me! Will continue doing my best in that regard. The less worry, the more time for enjoying life.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

May God bless all of us with health and joy, even if the times are going down, down, down… We will survive!

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Happy New years to all. Let’s hope for the best in 2017 and prepare for the worst.

We’re just here watching movies. We watched new Hairspray live performance and then the new Ghostbusters movie. Not sure what’s next in the lineup.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

MB, if you’re up for some real intrigue and have never seen it, “3 Days of the Condor” (Redford and Dunaway, with Cliff Robertson and a fascinating character by Max von Sydow) is a must-see at least once in a lifetime. Totally disregard the age of the movie – other than its technological antiquity in a few spots (along with hairdos) – it’s just as relevant in 2017 as it was when it was produced – almost prophetic! Great movie. And if you enjoy it, try out “Sneakers,” also starring Redford. They lift so many things out of Condor it’s hilarious – from the very opening scenario to the telephone tracing scene, and much more (you’d have to watch both multiple times to get ‘em all, and I’m not sure we have).

Here? My wife is watching the end of the Downton Abbey marathon fund raiser for the public TV station. Me? Anything but! (Though the old dowager countess’ one-liners can be hilarious at times.) Regardless, midnight will hopefully be hosting pleasant dreams if the neighbors haven’t raided the Alabama fireworks stands and imported back some of their most powerful products…. Hopefully the rain will stifle those activities. ;-)

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Happy new year to all , it might actually be the start of one after all the turmoil we have witnessed this past year .

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

I wish you all a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

A new year to remember.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Welcome to the new year.
    May the good Lord keep and protect you all in the coming year.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Happy new year Selco and thanks for all the great articles on how to keep it that way.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.