Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmarie
    dmarie
    Survivalist
    member2

It would be nice to have sections in the forum for “hands on” type instructions. For instance I could share with the group various ways to may your own fertilizer for practically no cost.

Seed trading or donating. I have lots of seeds from my plants and am willing to share with others in similar climates.

I am always looking for solutions. If there could be more forums on various solutions, like: storing water, prepping, stocking up, weather stripping your home, etc. There is so much to cover in this subject and that is what I look for.

Forget the politics and yak, yak, its a waste of time. We all need to keep moving forward as world events are moving forward.

dmarie

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

There is a Do It Your Self or DIY spot that Jay put in in the gear area!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

dmarie – yes I agree. But we must understand that Selco and Jay have their own lives and we are not paying to be able to speak so wonderfully with each other. Perhaps they are surprised by the big response to this new forum. Patience is not my best character trait. But, I think it is called for here. I totally agree with the yak, yak of politics as you say. Move on – how to deal with results. We have enough talking heads around us. Seem like a very practical person. Fellow plant/garden lover here. Yeah you for your post.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

I want to explain a bit about building this community.

Right now, even though the response was better than we hoped for :) , we are still a small community so it makes sense to keep things more central and in just a few sections.

Otherwise we end up with a lot of different sections with little activity. One thing I suggest and I would like to hear your opinion on this, is to actually move the DIY forum from the gear sections and call it something like:

DIY & Hands On Projects

Would that make sense?

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Gypsy Wanderer Husky
    Survivalist
    exprepper

That sounds great to me Jay, I personally love the idea!!

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
    George S. Patton

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Already added the new forum and sub forums. Great! Thank you for the suggestions! Im pretty caught up preparing the launch of our new course so any pointers like these here help a lot!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.