Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Looked around the various lists and found no home for this thought so here goes.

Until 2012 I had a brother and sister-in-law that were on blood machines three times a week. Did not help they were over 2 hours away from me. For years I ran one plan or another through my brain that would get them here and be able to provide for their medical needs. Then the sister-in-law died and my brother two weeks later.
    Still, when I read about how to take care of family like this I still am interested.
    Ran across this today:

http://www.askaprepper.com/make-insulin-shtf/

Robin

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Tough topic Robin, I mean we all gonna need to be prepared for some hard things when SHTF.
    I do not mean that we do not have to go and look for solutions, but some things gonna be simply impossible to do.

I have seen people died because they did not have enough medications for them, and they did not have any way to find it.

wildartist
    wildartist
    Survivalist
    member7

This is the most difficult area of our lives philosophically. Being older and one of us disabled, it is hard to envision the future. We are armed and have foodstuffs–Thank the Lord that no life-sustaining medications are needed–but we have no illusions as to long term survival when things get really bad. This is where we trust in God…He has brought us through a lot of “hell” already. I trust that He will continue to do so. Keep our eyes open, guns loaded, and hearts open to His leading. If the inevitable happens, we know where our souls will be.

Profile photo of etxgranny
    etxgranny
    Survivalist
    member2

http://www.survivopedia.com/medsend/

Good thread Robin!

The link above may help you to prolong your life in a SHTF event.
    We have group members with assorted medical problems; such as blood pressure, thyroid, diabetic, respiratory that requires oxygen and a non-diabetic dialysis patient. Otherwise they are perfectly healthy and still viable. Our dialysis member has been on dialysis for 3 years, does dialysis at home and has six month of supplies at any given time. Our member on oxygen has a Portable Oxygen Concentrator that weighs less than 5 Lbs. and a large in home POC machine. https://www.aarc.org/resources/oxygen_resources/portable_oxygen_concentrators_guide.pdf

Fortunately we have alternative energy sources available for running of essential machines. However each member understands that mortality in a post-apocalyptic world isn’t high even for those presently healthy.
    My family doctor writes 3 and 5 month supplies of medications and firmly believes if a homeopathic med can work for you then by all means he educates you. In this entire scenario a strong mind and a will to live will be essential.
    It is my opinion that these issues have to be discussed and planned for in advance. In the event of a mass bug out very tough, ethical questions have to be asked and decisions made.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Does anyone here have suggestions for books that can be set aside now that deal with post-SHTF options that people might have for common conditions? We don’t have anything specific to plan for currently but who knows what else may come our way post-SHTF. I have accumulated a small library of potentially helpful books but the medical area is pretty thin.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

“When there is no doctors” is not bad. You can Google for common type of books and “Natural” style. Give Amazon a twirl.
    Robin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.