Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I want to bring this to the attention of the forum. I don’t believe the incidents are isolated, and I don’t believe the Transportation Authority Police do not have a cross reference data base used with plate readers. A personal observation brings me to this conclusion.

Maryland Transportation Authority Police patrol the I-95 and 895 tunnels and no where else. Use 695 around Baltimore to avoid the trap.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/30/gun-owners-fear-maryland-cops-target-them-for-traf/?page=all

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I suspect you are right 74. I’ve heard of this before. One of my brothers lives in Maryland and was trying to convince my son to move there and work for him in a very large high tech setting. My son won’t even consider it. He figures why would he go from Massachusetts which is pretty bad with their gun laws to some place even worse. He is moving to Vermont instead.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

That brings up another point , if you plan on traveling around , state to state , it would probably be a good idea to remove all stickers and bumper slogans that shout to everyone your political leanings . I dont have that much on the truck to begin with , but I did make sure I removed the NRA , and Ron Paul stickers before I drove across country . All that was left were the white oval state tourist stickers on the shell , ME and AZ .

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Plenty of things to get worked up over in that article..

MDTA denies it targets out-of-state gun owners and noted the review of Mr. Fillipides earlier traffic stop concluded the officers did nothing wrong.

“The MDTA Police conducted a review of the traffic stop and have concluded that the stop and subsequent search of the vehicle were justified,” spokesman Jonathan Green wrote in an emailed statement. “The investigation did not reveal any violations of law or agency policy.”

Might as well write “COPS INVESTIGATE THEMSELVES. DISCOVER THEY DID NOTHING WRONG.”

Shocker. I guess shiny badges DO grant “extra rights”… for now.

Then we come across this gem:

As (Maryland) governor, Mr. Hogan will “uphold both the U.S. Constitution and the laws of Maryland; he will not overturn existing Maryland law and will work across party lines to reduce gun violence,” Hogan spokeswoman Erin Montgomery told The Times.

Academics say Mr. Hogan is likely to stay far away from gun control issues as he begins his tenure as a rare Republican elected official in a mostly blue state.

Translation: another cuck ducking the issue instead of acting like he owns a pair and doing the right thing. See, when you hear the Left talk about “compromise”, they don’t really mean that – what they are talking about is “concession”. We’ve ceded ground to them since I’ve been alive and I’ve yet to see any “conservative” stand their ground once. They backpedal and bow and scrape and cede yet more territory and rights and they call it “working across party lines”…

There IS no “working across party lines” on this one. And there never will be. “Leaving it up to the courts” is also a non-starter since GUESS WHO appointed the judges who will be deciding the issue?

Coward sum-b*tches… and they wonder why we’re so p*ssed off and rallying behind Trump….

Then this:

As for the MDTA, officials maintain only people who are committing traffic violations are pulled over, not those who have out-of-state concealed carry licenses.

“It is important to note that no gun-permitting information is programmed into any License Plate Reader units accessible to MDTA Police,” Mr. Green said.

Sorry Mr. Green. I do not believe you. I think you are lying through your teeth – I only lack the proof needed to make you eat those words.

Then this:

“The officer who stopped Mr. Filippidis smelled the odor of marijuana in the vehicle on his initial approach of the vehicle,” Mr. Green said. “Based on the conflicting stories regarding the location of the gun, the observations made while the vehicle was being stopped and the suspected odor of marijuana, the officer had probable cause to search the vehicle for possible controlled dangerous substances (CDS) and the weapon.”

But Mr. Filippidis wasn’t arrested for pot, was he Officer Safety?

In fact, the made up bullsh*t “I smelled pot” hoary old saw is just another way the Enforcer Goon Class skirts Constitutionally-guaranteed rights, innit?

“Why did you search the car without cause?”
    “I smelled the odor of marijuana coming from the car when I approached it.”
    “Was there any pot in the car?”
    “No.”
    “Was there any pot in Mr. Filippidis’s system?”
    “No.”
    “Did anyone else in the car have pot?”
    “No.”
    “Was there any drug paraphernalia in the car?”
    “No.”
    “Was Mr. Filippidis arrested on drug charges?”
    “No.”
    “Were drug charges filed against him later?”
    “No.”
    “Was a field sobriety test conducted on Mr. Filippidis?”
    “No.”
    “If you smelled pot, then why didn’t you conduct a field sobriety test?”
    “I don’t know.”

Pfft… ‘smelled marijuana’… yeah right.

He’s either LYING or he’s INCOMPETENT. If he’s lying, then he’s a corrupt scumbag Enforcer Goon wearing a badge and should be fired, then prosecuted, then imprisoned and forced to sell his house to pay restitution to Mr. Filippidis. If he’s incompetent, then he should be fired as a Bumbling Incompetent and the MDTA held liable for employing an incompetent individual in a LEO role, then force them to pay restitution to Mr. Filippidis..

They know they’re scumbag Enforcer Goons and Thugs using an illegal database to target gun owners. We know it, too. But everyone pretends differently… Their Governor is a rank coward who is content to go-along-to-get-along because he wants to keep his cushy job…

I will never set foot in Maryland. Ever. It’s inhabited by Thugs, Goons and Cowards… why would I want to go there?

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Malgus,

Thanks for an excellent summary/analysis of the story. I was mentally constructing something similar, and you saved me the trouble. And I concur absolutely with your bottom line as well. I will never set foot (or tires) in Maryland. They don’t need no steenkin’ excuse!

The only thing you might have missed that I thought about was, “I JUST HAPPENED to see his carry permit while he was trying to find his license.” What a crock! Who doesn’t have his/her drivers license in THE most accessible place in their wallet, given the number of times it is asked for as ID in various locations/situations? But who has his or her permit stashed in an even MORE prominent place in their wallet? And how did that MDTA thug just happen to notice it so easily, when there are 49 other states with various configurations of permits, each with a different appearance? I suspect he DID already know the guy had a permit. Thanks, Florida, for making that information available (apparently).

That brings up another question. I wonder exactly what information is embedded in our National ID cards (AKA “drivers licenses”), and how many states make that information available to “brother” LE agencies on basic background checks. I wish I knew someone in current LE that I also fully trust, and could ask…. (One thing I do appreciate about my state is that the database of permit holders is NOT subject to FOIA requests, by law. But I still don’t know if that also extends to other LE agencies for routine checks.)

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I believe all the incidents involve Maryland Transportation Authority Police. The article states one officer is involved in two separate stops. I want to point out the Maryland Transportation Authority Police are a special unit tied to DHS because of the tunnels.

We know that the FBI and the ATF constructed an illegal data base of gun owners in the late 90’s and were told to dismantle the data base by Congress. It would come as no surprise if the data base was never destroyed. Both agencies now come under the direction of the DHS. Obummer certainly is not concerned about following the law and his appointees run all the agencies.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Are you out of your minds. I-81 to Florida … You would at least have a chance if the lights go out.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Out of our minds? Well maybe but complete avoidance of populated areas isn’t a real possibility. I live in a high density area and frequent city areas often. BTW who said anything about Florida?

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

who said anything about Florida?

That’s where the motorist was from, and where he’d left his permitted handgun (at home) before going on the trip – presumably to avoid exactly what happened in MD anyway. I suspect Brulen was suggesting that I-81 might have been a better alternative than I-95, for that ill-fated Christmas trip. In my case, a fall leaf trip to New England would be only minutes slower from here to there via I-81 vs. I-95. I’d drive an extra hour or two (maybe more) just to avoid that whole I-95 segment of the trip, personally.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“When the search turned up nothing, Mr. Filippidis, 51, was allowed to go and was issued only a speeding warning.” (from the article)

Of course it’s an unjustified hassle, but Filippidis should be glad that the authorities had no more against him, personally, than they have against all gun owners, generally, or they could have “found” what they were looking for, regardless.

Cry, "Treason!"

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

or they could have “found” what they were looking for, regardless.

Frankly, I was thinking the same thing – I believe he was very fortunate. After all, they already claimed to have “smelled” the pot he had been smoking right in front of his kids while driving down the highway. I’m surprised they didn’t also “find” the baggie under the seat.

GS

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

And people wonder why I NEVER go to the East Coast and stay the hell away from Kalifornia.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

I have an enhanced Ny drivers license. I provided four forms of ID and used my CC permit for one. The only thing it may have got me was a pre check in at the airport. I didn’t have to take my shoes off or wait in line. But hearing of this guys experience I realize I probably shouldn’t have gotten the enhanced license. Ny doesn’t even meet Homeland Security standards anyway. Just to be stopped and searched along the road is a dangerous. There are to many accidents from cop cars being rammed while stopped to consider the drive rational anywhere in these high traffic areas. Never want to visit the lunatic fringe (northeast corridor) again. Fly over country lol.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Brulen Brulen.
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

And the government labels us paranoid….

Straight out of Uncle Saul’s playbook yet again:

8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off
    balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

Result: realistic confusion, stress, and anxiety.

9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.

Result: confusion, stress, and anxiety give way to realistic ongoing fear.

5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.

Result: we get labeled paranoid.

And finally:

12.“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

GS

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

You wonder why so many people are taking serious medication to reduce their paranoia to more manageable symptoms.

Uncle Saul’s primary objective. Arrest and medicate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.