Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

The entire fiasco of bailing Greece out of debt is a Chinese Fire Drill! It, to me, is like someone that has a ton of “payday” loans and tries to get another loan to pay down what is owed.
    Germany, France etc etc will just bite the bullet on this drama. Not like no one saw this coming.
    Robin

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

I love the part where PM Tsipras said Greece could not repay the loans.
    Robin

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/30/world/europe/european-leaders-insist-greek-deal-is-still-possible.html?_r=0

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Once Europe and the U. S. Collapse so will China. This is were war may start.

I wonder how many wars will be internal civil wars ? Kind of hard to fight a war against another country, if your in the middle of a revolution ……think Russian Empire in WW1 . Gunna be a lot of pissed off people all over the world .

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Timing will be crucial. The economic collapse of the US may trigger a similar collapse of China … but only by preceding it. Which of them is better prepared to go to protracted war? Who has the most steel mills, working factories (making clothing, boots, ammo), capacity to expand quickly? Which has the most determined political leadership? Which of them has mousetrapped its military with a thousand politically correct “Mother, may I” rules? How many of such self-imposed disadvantages are outweighed by putatively superior technology?

Remember that when FDR engineered the attack on Pearl Harbor, to make a way to go to war with Germany, that we were a self-impoverished nation, just climbing out of the Great Depression, and Germany was well armed, and (until it got itself bogged down in Russia) newly prosperous, thanks, in great part, to copious financing by certain British and US banks. It took a lot of doing (and “borrowing”) to get the US up to its manufacturing potential. If the present day US trips first, especially if the result is armed secession movements, might not a militarily prepared nation (China? Russia? a partnership?) see opportunities for quick solutions to its foreign challenges?

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of pitty
    pitty
    Survivalist
    member2

Its a good thing , Sovereignty over slavery . the EU is communism .

That’s the truth!

I think the most wars are civil wars inside the countrys of europe.
    People are angry, thousands of asylum seekers arriving every day. Different culture, mostly men from 20-40, a few families mut not much (in relationship to the numbers of asylum seekers).
    For sure, people that had to flee from war need help, but an enormous number are economic refugees.

What do you think will happen when they get no more support (food, shelter etc.) because the system is collapsing?!
    I’m afraid that this will be Day X in Europe’s Countrys.

Oh, and look at greece, people here at shtfschool know what will happen, most of our people are sheeps….

http://www.silverdoctors.com/less-than-24-hours-in-panic-hoarding-begins/

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Whatever the Greek situation is going to trigger, we’ll all know soon enough. You can bet terrorists and other enemies of the West are waiting to seize upon the opportunities that any ensuing social unrest may afford them.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I wonder how much news coverage there will be here in the US if shtf in a big way in Greece.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Much like Syria, coverage will happen, but will be of little concern as its half a world away.
    Much like the terror attacks that have happened for years, nobody pays them any attention here.
    Most people would be hard pressed to find Greece on the map right now let alone say what is happening.

Remember the news coverage of the 2001 collapse in Argentina?
    Neither do I.

Especially with bruceine kardashian on every channel.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I wonder how much news coverage there will be here in the US if shtf in a big way in Greece.

Depends upon whether they have an even bigger news story such as an eyewitness account of a traumatized urban sophisticate that saw a Confederate flag somewhere.

Profile photo of Proteus 55
    Proteus 55
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Greetings. I currently live in Greece so I would be happy to contribute with regards to what is happening here. Sometimes I noticed certain things omitted by news coverage in TV channels and there are various reasons for such omissions. In any case, people are fairly stressed but try not to show it too much as they maintain hopes of something worked out that would lessen their misery in the future. Unfortunately, whatever the result of the referendum, no easy-fix solutions exist; it is bound to get worse in the near future as resources and funds will be stretched to the limit. Some people in Greece argue that one scenario is bad and the other is even worse (depending on who you listen to). But from what I see, many people are disillusioned as they slowly wake up from decades of slumber and inactivity, passively allowing politicians to drag the country to financial ruin. They seem aware now of where political greed and corruption led them. I don’t know whether it is too late to avert the worst; for sure it is a SHTF scenario, but perhaps worse things can still be averted. Since people are interested in the topic, I could post more from what I experience.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Proteus your first hand account and observations will be invaluable. I hope failure of civility is not part of your future. Good luck and be safe.

Profile photo of Proteus 55
    Proteus 55
    Survivalist
    rprepper

74, Thank you for your welcome and your reply. I am hoping the same. Things could fairly quickly escalate if the wrong thing happens… if there’s sufficient interest, I could make another Forum discussion under “news coverage” and update it regularly for people to see. I don’t know whether it is possible to upload images but perhaps I could take some photos from various places in the capital as things develop and post them in the Forum to complement what I experience. Be safe.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Proteus,
    Photos can be uploaded off a computer, I haven’t been able to load them from a tablet or phone for a while. I miss the phone functionality.

Leopard brings us news from South Africa in a so named thread you could certainly start a News from Greece thread.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.