Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The epa made a statement that only the 13 states envoled in the suit are covered. The epa intends to enforce the new rules on all other states. MB, your pond now belongs to the epa.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

All the water is owned by the EPA. We need to stop the EPA with all these new rules.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The EPA has been putting a lot of pressure on VT concerning what is making its way into Lake Champlain. Most of the water in the western half of the State flows into that lake. The rest flows to Long Island Sound. I live on the western side and the water that exits my pond does head to Lake Champlain so I can’t dispute your assessment 74. The State has been out doing dog and pony shows trying to convince the general public why they need to be supportive of efforts to protect Lake Champlain. Earlier this week I listened to a couple farmers in town thinking that the EPA doesn’t know what they are talking about as concerns farm practices. The EPA is going after everyone however, not just farmers. There is an ad running asking people not to fertilize or use weed killers in their yards but if they must, to only do so in the autumn. I’m sure glad that drainage ditch I had dug last year was done last year. There are much bigger fish to fry before anyone will care what I’m doing however. My pond appears on the Town map though and so it is not invisible to any bureaucrat looking for bodies of water should they ever get to the small guys. I don’t fertilize or anything like that but I do mow/weed whack right to the water’s edge.

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

I’ve been watching this for several years, particularly after the absurd situation involving the Johnson pond out in your area of the country, Whirlibird. I’ve looked at that pond on Google Maps, and it is absolutely absurd what the EPA can do. After building my own rainwater collection and storage system (that ultimately goes back in the ground anyway), I began to become aware that in some states what I accomplished on my own property would be deemed illegal, and that some states were encouraging neighbors to rat out other neighbors. Utah, of all places, where the predominant religion formally promotes prepping, actually made rainwater collection like our system illegal until recently! I was speechless when I learned that.

I think about a fine past president of the NRA, and apply his words to MY water rights on my own property: “from my cold dead hands….” Come and get it! You take away my ability to hydrate myself, my family, and grow my garden if circumstances warrant, and you might as well give me a death sentence right here and now. Being as how I’m very much alive, and hydrated, I would oppose any specific action to take away my system. Water could yet become a line in the sand for many folks. (Perhaps I need some of that military camo netting to put over our system so the satellites don’t see it….)

As for the EPA claiming that even if they win, only the 13 states will get to apply their win: Bravo Sierra!. To say the EPA is out of control, is so far beneath the categorization as an “understatement” that it would otherwise be laughable. My entire neighborhood is built in what used to be a tiny creek bed. What do they want to do – bulldoze all the homes and restore the natural flow of the “navigable” water (navigable with a bath tub toy three times a year in exceptionally heavy rain, that is)?

I’ve heard it said that if a person experienced a sudden decompression in a space suit, their blood would almost instantly boil in the zero-pressure conditions. We’ve got normal atmospheric pressure here right now (ex-hurricane Erika never made it up this far), and my blood’s already boiling.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

“What do they want to do – bulldoze all the homes and restore the natural flow of the “navigable” water … ?

Yes.

Cry, "Treason!"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.