Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Knife Laws By State. This article has links to every state law on knifes which I think will help us know what is legal in your state.

http://survivallife.com/2015/09/14/is-that-switchblade-legal/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=9-16-2015

*It is important to remember that state laws are not always the same as the local laws.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

I’m glad to see that restrictions are minimal in Vermont, though that is what I would have expected to the the case.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Florida has good knife laws too.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Wyoming is easy.

What is Legal to Own
    It is legal to own a switchblade
    It is legal to own a Balisong, or butterfly knife
    It is legal to own a bowie knife
    Itis legal to own a dirk, dagger, poniard, or other stabbing knife
    It is legal to own a stiletto
    It is legal to own a gravity knife

What is Illegal to Own
    Wyoming law does not prohibit the ownership of any type of knife.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Wyoming law is great. It is not the weapon that creates a crime, it is the person.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Wyoming law is great. It is not the weapon that creates a crime, it is the person.

Now there you go freedom, making sense again. They’re going to send you back for re-education until you say it’s the object and not the bad person using it.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh MB I am on the red list, blue list and green list. Oh well what can I do! In Cuba for over 55 years there has been re-education programs. So did you see how good that works? Did you see the news of 12 Cubans landing on the beach in South Beach? Yes it works, it re-educates you to get the hell out of the country.

We the People well never be re-educated period. Dying free is living.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

AZ is pretty good also .

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

Oregon knife laws better than many others. Home of Benchmade Knife Co. & Kershaw Knives. Alaska great place too.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

About a year ago a friend made me a knife. Fixed 6 1/2 inch blade. We got to talking about the difference legal lengths of blade. Some times it is really stupid like in San Antonio where it is against the law to carry any knife that is UNDER 6 1/2 inches!
    Robin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Philadelphia probably has the worst law:

§10-820. Cutting Weapons in Public Places. [180]

(1) Definition.

Cutting Weapon. Any knife or other cutting instrument which can be used as a weapon that has a cutting edge similar to that of a knife. No tool or instrument commonly or ordinarily used in a trade, profession or calling shall be considered a cutting weapon while actually being used in the active exercise of that trade, profession or calling.

(2) Prohibited Conduct. No person shall use or possess any cutting weapon upon the public streets or upon any public property at any time.

(3) Penalty. The penalty for violation of this section shall be a fine of not less than three hundred (300) dollars and imprisonment of not less than ninety days.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

LOL! And the politicians have no understanding of why we hold them in derision….

It’s only not “considered a cutting weapon WHILE actually being used in the active exercise of that trade, profession or calling.”

So let me see if I’ve got this straight. A rabbi goes to a home and performs a covenant circumcision as part of his calling. No problem – he’s not using a “cutting weapon.” But the moment he cleans up that instrument, places it back in its case, and walks out the door to return to his office or home where he normally stores it, he’s guilty of a serious crime and worthy of jail for at least ¼ of a year and a fine of at least $300, while not earning any income or serving his congregation. Where’s the ADL when we need them?!? I don’t stand a chance in Philly with my little 3-blade Case knife that is always in my left front pocket!

A bit more seriously, anybody can be arrested any time “they” want to arrest us, because there’s always something on the books somewhere that we’ve “violated.” And as absurd as that previous sentence might seem, that’s exactly what happens in SHTF situations. When “they” want an excuse to round people up, they can always find one. Might one logically conclude that “we the people” have either elected morons or devious psychopaths – or more likely, a dangerous combination of the two? ‘Nuf sed. I need to go fan myself before I pass out from the absurdity. Over and out.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Oh well it’s better to carry a handcannon anyway and it’s legal as long as you have your permit.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    Survivalist

More absurdity – a knife law in Philly as stated above, but they got preempted by the State on their gun law. Common man ain’t got a chance. Lesson? Just stay home, build your outer barrier topped with triple concertina wire, then your moats – and don’t travel anywhere outside your castle, assuming you live in a state that at least recognizes the castle doctrine. LOL. Thanks for the good chuckle, 74.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

Never heard of a drive by stabbing . Just Sayin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.