Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

feral hobbit is right. Look at what has happened in the years following 9/11. In hopes of being kept safe from terrorists, the general public accepted the Patriot Act and the Dept. of Homeland Security. Yes there has been some grousing, but there have not been any widespread protests, The politicians who voted for it didn’t all get tossed out of office and replaced by those who vowed to repeal it. The NSA and other .gov organizations are spying on us, and again there is some minor grousing, but no widespread protests, nor is anyone going to be voted out of office or into office based on that spying. If ISIS or some other group attacks us, and the federal response is to further erode the Constitution with a promise of increased safety, the public will accept the tradeoff.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

feral hobbit, The post question is “My question to the whole community, is when (if ever), should you follow government advice/orders during a disaster, and when should you just pack up and do your own thing?”

So I do not think we are going off topic.

I understand what you are saying and know that you agree with a lot of what I am saying. I come from a background of my family living in a communist country so this is were I get my info from. Food is the way they control the people but in a large population like the U. S. it will be harder to do. The government will first have to take control of all food production which has been done before in other counties that have gone the communist way. The problem is when they do this the farmers become less productive so less food is produced and more people end up going hungry.

Many will die. But remember that this system has never been done in a country were there are 100 million gun owners with more them 300 million + guns. Every country that food control happen the government had gun control set up way before they had control of food and there people.

So that is why I say we need to make sure that gun control never happens here. They know that there will be 5 to 10 million gun owners that will fight a dictator type government.

Apart from the 10 million gun owners they also know that there are millions of guns that they do not know about from gangs, criminals, and good gun owners that have built there own guns. This freedom we have here is why it is so hard for them to take control of the people.

Now they will keep trying. Food stamps is one way, make as many depended on the government as they can and when the SHTF control them with as small amount of food. They do not like preppers since we will not need the government.

So the more the people are prepared and armed the harder it will be for the government to take control.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker, Yes to a point! Many do not understand what they are giving up. But what I am talking about is that when the SHTF time and they want to totally control the people even the ones that let it happen will not like being controlled. Look at the many times they have rioted for the police trying to control them, these are the depended group on the government, the left wingers that like it all given to them but if you try to totally control them they will fight back. They like the to eat the cake but do not take there freedoms away. I am not saying that all food stamp people are like this, many really need the help, but there are many that just like taking what they can get for free.

O wanted a military police, he was giving them many military gear for free, so what happen when they used it on the riots, O came out against it now. It is a hard balance because a military police can also go against the government and they can use the military gear.

I have posted many time that this will not be easy for the government to take total control, many agencies will turn on them, they do not know who to trust.

MountainBiker one thing that you are right 100% is that the government will keep taking freedoms away from us in the next attack or also in the next gun shooting, they want gun control. Thank God we have the 2nd Amendment and many groups that defend it.

Profile photo of feral hobbit
    feral hobbit
    Survivalist
    member2

“I come from a background of my family living in a communist country so this is were I get my info from. Food is the way they control the people but in a large population like the U. S. it will be harder to do. The government will first have to take control of all food production which has been done before in other counties that have gone the communist way. The problem is when they do this the farmers become less productive so less food is produced and more people end up going hungry.

Many will die. But remember that this system has never been done in a country were there are 100 million gun owners with more them 300 million + guns. Every country that food control happen the government had gun control set up way before they had control of food and there people.

So that is why I say we need to make sure that gun control never happens here. They know that there will be 5 to 10 million gun owners that will fight a dictator type government.

Apart from the 10 million gun owners they also know that there are millions of guns that they do not know about from gangs, criminals, and good gun owners that have built there own guns. This freedom we have here is why it is so hard for them to take control of the people.

Now they will keep trying. Food stamps is one way, make as many depended on the government as they can and when the SHTF control them with as small amount of food. They do not like preppers since we will not need the government.

So the more the people are prepared and armed the harder it will be for the government to take control.”

Well said. I couldn’t agree more.

...it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts...

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>feral hobbit wrote:</div>

It’s for this reason that all those who live by the constitution and the second amendment and who have guns must come to accept that the point of resisting isn’t when they come to take you away, but at the point when they come for the guns or pass laws that prevent people from having a level of firearms and ammunition with which they could defend themselves. In other words, the fight will have to come sooner rather that later.

Governments tend to use a slow rising of temperature approach instead of acting all at once, as they well understand the boiling frog analogy. A little bit of restriction here, a little more repressiveness there, and some people complain but everyone doesn’t want to act alone so nothing much happens. The following year TPTB introduce another restriction and the same cycle repeats. It seems almost that people won’t take action until the thugs arrive at the gate to seize the guns, but by then it will be too late to resist. This war won’t be won in a final Pyrrhic battle but in the political sphere, right now, to stop unamerican legislation. I have read in various places where people argue that they can’t get things changed in politics, and that’s rubbish. Things can be changed if enough people get committed and front up to fighting hard,

My thoughts aren’t worth much because I am a long way away, but it seems to me that constitutional believers ought to get organised and work together; the other side is certainly organised and is working hard to defeat you. The NRA is useful but more is needed, I think. Gun supporters under the second amendment should be having protest marches in state capitals and DC on a frequent basis, letting TPTB that you are a force to be reckoned with and will tolerate no more intrusions against the constitution, and existing unlawful intrusions must be repealed.

The state and federal legislatures is where the battle is happening; bringing force to bear on politicians, as well as showing them that support is going to be a lot better for them that opposition, are the keys to victory.

And I’m sorry to anyone who thinks my words are easy and cheap because I’m not there, but I get worked up about this; America pioneered the principle of a nation for the people and not for the elite, and I’d hate to see that taken away from you.

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Eli, The best fight has been in the courts the last few years. Most rulings have been In favor of the 2nd Adm. The antis have been beaten soundly. It really is not such a big issue as some would make it. If the constitution is ignored then it will be a different story. The issue came to a halt when Conneticut passed a law requiring registration of AR’s and no one complied. Letters were sent and made public that police and politicians would suffer if the law was enforced. Most cops are not interested in inforcement.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

elijah said,
    “Governments tend to use a slow rising of temperature approach instead of acting all at once”

100% true!

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

74 is right on all the wins for the 2nd Amendment. O has been having a hard time putting laws on the books for gun control.

elijah
    elijah
    Prepper
    member6

Maybe I’m behind the times or have been misinformed. Aren’t states like New York, Illinois and California still hosting repressive gun laws?

Bugs Bunny: "I speak softly, but I carry a big stick."
    Yosemite Sam: "Oh yeah? Well I speak LOUD! and I carry a BIGGER stick! and I use it, too!" BAM!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Illinois & California both lost supreme court cases this year. Each case stacks up on the prior cases. If NY has a case it will go the same way. There is a case in NJ that might break the antis backs with a national right to carry ruling. We see it ia in the beginging stages.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

In though states they still make it harder then Texas, Florida and many other 2nd Amendment states. But 74 is right, they have been losing in court cases.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

I am in Indiana. We were ranked #17 and “gun friendly”, having OC, CC and nearly everything that any other state has, except SBS (short-barreled shotguns, not available with NFA stamp here)

That being said, we passed 2 pro-gun laws, and still dropped to #24!!!
    But MANY States have improved Greatly, and even while we made forward progress, we are about mid way in the rankings. It is a good state for guns, but there are 23 better states! So this is a GOOD THING!
    I find no real obstacles to being a gun owner. I’d prefer Constitutional Carry, open and concealed, but our LTCH (license to carry handgun) is not hard to get, and getting faster all the time!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

The VT State Constitution is more clear than the US Constitution on this issue, and we don’t need licenses at all for concealed carry open carry.

“That the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State – and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.”

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Hey does anyone here have a link to the state rankings?

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom, there are a number of such ranking out there and while they might generally agree on which States are good vs bad in this regard, they differ on the actual rankings for the good ones at least because they are measuring different things. For example, some of them give certain States where you need a license to carry concealed and/or open a higher ranking than VT where no licenses are needed at all and gun rights are firmly established in the VT State Constitution. They instead put a higher value on intangibles such as “gun culture”. That’s fine if that’s what they value more, but for me I err on the side of valuing tangibles. Do you need a license? Are guns rights protected by your State Constitution vs the current crop in the State House?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.