Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I think the situation in Missouri really got out of hand for the government. But following Rob Emanual’s theory that you shouldn’t let a good crisis go to waste, they are now going to use this to try and desensitize people to seeing heavily armed men patrolling the streets. The average American is sitting in front of his TV watching and getting used to nightly battles on the streets.

Just read where the police have at least 12 witnesses that corroborate the policeman’s account of events. Also that some idiot held up a sign reading, “ISIS is here.” All we need is for nut job Muslim to decide to make a statement during all of this.

And don’t we all feel better knowing that Eric Holder is on the scene! (sarcasm)

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Well, if they can or if they cannot is irrelevant.
    Just be ready for anything!
    If we lose communications, assume it is SHTF. If we have an Ebola Outbreak, assume SHTF.
    If we have an EMP, assume a false-flag SHTF. Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Tsar – my opinion is like most on here. Having been part of a .gov agency for 30 years I would seriously be prepared to “trust but verify” before following any orders from various agencies. Some obviously have differing perspectives and differing agenda’s. If it’s a local wildfire and the fire department comes by and advises on evacuation – it’s probably in your best interest. You can remain and try and protect your house, but if something happens it’s on you. On the other hand, when FEMA and the NG get involved it’s a different story – they’re going to want to disarm you and make you go somewhere – my advice would be to not let that happen. Beat them to the punch by making your own decision first. IF you decide to remain in place, then have a plan for when they come (hide in attic, in neighbors yard, etc.) and hopefully they won’t trash too much. Remember, they DID go door to door after Katrina and they DID confiscate ALL weapons – even if the people were above the flood zone and needed the guns to protect their property from looters. You can believe the jack booted thugs didn’t give two hoots toward anyone’s 2A “rights” – they followed the crooked police chief’s order that “no one will be allowed to be armed” to the nth degree.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Novus Ordo, I do think the Katrina was a test to see what they can do but I do think it is a much harder job to do it on a National level and collect 300 million + guns from 100 million people. There will be from 10 to 20 million that will not turn there guns in and will shoot back.

It will be hard and they know it.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Also I just want everyone to know that yes they will try but I think it will not work. We the people will go to war. Even if 5 to 10 million keep there guns that will be a WWIII type of civil war.

Many will take over some of the military weapons and use it too. I just do not think it will be easy for them to go door to door on a National level.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Keep watching Ferguson and see what happens.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

freedom is right. They can go door to door for a localized event but they do not even remotely have the resources to do so on a national scale. Similarly, if FEMA or any other .gov agency was looking to start sending people to camps, remember that we are a country of approx. 320 million people. To even have camps ready for 1% of the population would be a pretty big undertaking. Look back at Katrina which in the scheme of the country as a whole affected a very tiny area, large as it may have seemed to the folks in the affected areas. Logistically their ability to get folks plucked off of rooftops, get food and water to the folks in the sports dome, evacuate people from that hospital, and then out of the sports dome, and so forth was nothing less than abysmal. They couldn’t efficiently get even the few thousand people stuck in the sports dome moved to shelters in other cities, let alone round up millions and get them to the FEMA camps that so many fear. We too often assume the federal govt has abilities far beyond what they really do.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

MountainBiker The only way for them to take control will be to turn everything off EMP so they can try to take control of parts of the country that they feel is important for them and even then it will be a war and they know it.

This is why they want gun control! Without gun control they have a 50/50 chance, with gun control they got us all.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Like they don’t already have control of the media and what people see. Mr. 58 states got elected and then reelected, Harry Reid was reelected, ACA was passed because people were not told the whole truth, etc…….. Going door to door in certain communities to take what they wanted might not get reported if there were rolling Internet blackouts. Really wouldn’t take that much to make happen before anyone really knew that there was a problem.

Hell, look at Alex Jones. He is a complete nut job, but a lot of what he says is substantiated with documents and video. No one, even here, buys all of what he says. Then look at the NYT. About 1/3 of their paper is pure crap, but they are supposedly “respected?” Some strategically placed media coverage, rolling outages so people can’t post online, and a lot of government zombies can do some real damage before anyone even knew it took place.

Now don’t get me wrong. I am just playing devil’s advocate because I personally don’t think there would ever be a complete door to door search across America. With some planning and the cooperation of the media that is already in the DNC’s pocket, it could theoretically be done.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

sledjockey, it would take a lot more then what you think. If it was so easy the elites would have done it years ago.

It would have to be an EMP. No other way. There are to many ways to contact people these days, from cell phones, internet, cb, ham radios, truckers traveling the area will tell the other truckers and many more ways to contact people.

To be able to control I personally do not see anyway but to turn everything down EMP. Even an EMP they still have over 300 million people to control and 100 million have guns and though 100 million gun owners own about 350 million guns. Even if they where able to control 90 million gun owners you still have 10 million gun owners which would be the largest army in the world and they know this. So they only have two ways of doing this 1. EMP 2. gun control.

They have lost on gun control so I see EMP as there only way to take control.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

Freedom/All – I concur that it would be near impossible to collect all arms nationally; however, we prepare individually or at best with a few friends or neighbors. If you are the one in the “crisis zone” and get raided then that directly effects your survival. My example of Katrina wasn’t to equate that action to the rest of the country as a whole – but for the people that it happened to I’ll bet that they all wished that they had made different decisions (bugout, hide guns, give up “dummy” gun while retaining the rest, etc.) ahead of time before the authorities showed up.

Tsar’s original question was when to or when not to follow .gov directives – Katrina is just one example to keep in mind.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Novus Ordo, Yes the first ones in the crisis zone are the ones that will talk and tell the rest, this will start the civil unrest or civil war. If you are in the first ones hit I hope you have somewhere a hided gun with ammo. This is why we have posted that it is important to hide some guns and ammo somewhere.

Profile photo of feral hobbit
    feral hobbit
    Survivalist
    member2

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>freedom wrote:</div>Malgus, they can for a small area like Boston but all at once do it on a National level! No way. They would need a way to close down all communication and then you would have what you see in Fergusion Nationally.

I disagree. I believe the masses crave control and order. Many (and I believe most) would prefer some form of order, including tyranny, to chaos. As long as the masses have some semblance of choice, and more importantly, copasetic entertainment/leisure, they will comply.

...it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts...

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

feral hobbit, so you crave control? I don’t, none in my large family don’t, not one in my block don’t. I am not sure where you are getting these stats of facts from. Tyranny will have chaos, shootings riots, civil unrest, and the SHTF times will happen.

I hear your example posted before but have not seen it. No where in the world where tyranny has the people sit there and let it happen. Also where have there ever been entertainment and leisure were there is tyranny? What country example can you give me. There is none. The two do not go together.

So what you are saying has not happen before. Control of the people means no entertainment. History will show you that ever tyranny has total control of TV, Radio, and all will change there entertainment to government shows that suck a big one. The people will rebel.

The word of any tyranny against it’s people will spread like fire, many will fight back which will give many others the will to do the same. I agree that many just will not do much but if out of 100 million gun owners only 5% fight back it is over for the tyranny. They can’t win against 5 million gun owners fighting back.

The only way is for gun control! These is why they want it so bad. No other way for them to win.

You only need to look at history, we have the best weapons in the world but can’t win these wars we have been in the last ten years. So the government would have a very hard time controlling everyone.

It will be a new civil war.

Profile photo of feral hobbit
    feral hobbit
    Survivalist
    member2

Freedom- I certainly don’t crave control. I am merely saying that the general population seems to favor comfort and normalcy over freedom. I am sure that would change if SHTF. I agree with 99% of what you say. I re-read the thread and I must have misunderstood. My only disagreement is that I do believe the Government could shut down more than a small area. Probably not for long. But I am getting off topic. You have some really good insight freedom.

...it is natural to man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts...

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.