Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tsar Alexander
    Tsar Alexander
    Survivalist
    member4

So, I was recently re watching part of Dawn of the Dead, the original one from the 70s, and something occurred to me while watching a scene.

And granted the movie is really cheesy and badly made, it did get a thought going in my head… what would I do if the government issued some order to do something during an emergency of some kind?

My question to the whole community, is when (if ever), should you follow government advice/orders during a disaster, and when should you just pack up and do your own thing?

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

I had some bad experiences with following government orders during the emergencies, so I would always question that orders.
    I am not saying that all what they would try to do is wrong, but in real big SHTF event I would always try to follow my own info first.
    It is what prepping is about (too).

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

When Evac is ordered, they try to rush everyone out so fast so that they can rush in and seize guns and preps. Remember that.

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

If it’s not an invasion by “Aliens” I’m not going with any crowd, anywhere and probably not then either.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I will stay where I am at. The zone were hurricane Andrew happen was an evacuation zone before the hurricane came in. What happen the next weeks was a lot of criminals going in the zone and stealing everything inside of the homes.

Yes I would have evacuated too with a large hurricane but I would take all my valuable with me after seeing what happen with hurricane Andrew.

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Having spent 10 years (almost) in the military and learned what FEMA has planned from listening to my dad (worked there for about 20 years) there is NO WAY I would be around when the the government rolled in. Theye have NONE of your best interests in mind. Containment and controlling the damage is about as much as they care to do. Me? I can build cabins with and axe and supplement my preps with hunt/gather. I be di di mau to a safer location.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

sledjockey, there is no real safe place if control is FEMA’s plan. Yes it will be a war in the cities but to get to one city and another they go though the rural areas. They will try to control all. You will be safer for a time but sooner or later they will get to the rural areas. I think that we all need to hit them hard from the cities and rural areas. There will be many in the military, FEMA, that will turn. It will not be easy for them.

This country will be the hardest country in history to take total control of the people. I believe in the end the people will win.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

I agree with some of what you are saying, but I have serious concerns with staying put. From neighbors trying to survive to looters, government agents to “relief workers,” I am more apt to NOT get myself in trouble by shooting someone if I am not in the mess and wait things out in a place that would protect my family as well as those that might get caught in the crosshairs of me protecting what is mine. Basically, I have enough set aside to harbour in place for a long time. I don’t want to be part of an all out war with the government coming to take my stuff for the “greater good,” however. I don’t think I can dig enough holes when the dust settled……..

Believe me that door to door confiscation of all resources is not something that would take long to get started once the government rolls in. Not only that but it would be hard to even eat the preps you have stored when you are marched down to a “refugee camp” to better protect you. Better to die in the woods in a firefight than die from starvation in a concentration camp.

FEMA’s main reaction plans are based upon closing down affected areas and gather people into FEMA camps. I hear it from my dad’s friends. They are all getting trained for such contingencies and I don’t want anything to do with it.

****************************Edit and Add**************************

Each person prepares for things in the manner that best suits them. Me? I don’t like oppression or governmental control and don’t trust the system. For me, staying put through something is not an option if the government comes in to “assist.” I could not do it. You could. The OP question was asking what each of our thoughts were. Mine? C-Ya…… Then again, I have a completely different skill set than 99% of the Americans living today.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

sledjockey, I do not believe that FEMA has the space to put 100 million people in camps. You will have 200 million in the cities which will be impossible for FEMA to control, don’t see it. Also FEMA doesn’t have the food to feed that many people. They would not to take the rural areas food supplies since they know for a fact that 90% of preppers are in rural areas and not in the cities.

They would not come into the cities door to door were there are millions, the word would get out the the shooting would start, it would not take long before it is war. Just look at Ferguson which is a small city of 25,000 thy that in a city like Miami were there is 3 million and down the coast there is millions of more people. There is no army big enough to handle that.

Before FEMA even goes to a city to go door to door they would find a hell of a war. And that is just here, what about Chicago gangs when they know it is time they will take FEMA down in no time.

Maybe the military! But the military will have many in the lower ranks that will have to shoot at there friends and family so this is a problem were the military may find some turning there guns at each other in the battle.

I am always hearing this fantasy of them going door to door. That is all it is a fantasy that will start a war that will go all over the country and that includes the rural areas. This FEMA training that they have been doing is no were close to handling 100 million or more city people. It has never happen in history were an army takes control of more then 250million people and 100 million are armed.

FEMA has a problem.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>undeRGRönd wrote:</div>When Evac is ordered, they try to rush everyone out so fast so that they can rush in and seize guns and preps. Remember that.

They did it in High River Alberta last year during a mandatory evacuation due to flooding, so it not only can happen, but HAS happened in many places.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Don’t think that going door to door is a fantasy….. It happens to some degree any time that FEMA is called out. I hear first hand accounts from those that are ordered to do it. Sometimes it is only in the area that the “top secret communications vehicles” are set up. Other times it is to clear an area for “other tactical purposes.” In places like New Orleans and Mississippi it was for many other reasons to include redistribution of resources. My dad had to stand by and watch them raid houses and move people out. I don’t want to be one that has that happen to them….. Thus I will just leave. My choice. Probably not going to work for you if you don’t know how to build and live in a cabin. Check out my “titie.” There is a reason I chose “Bushcrafter.”

If one of the burners on a stove was recently used to cook, do you plop your rear end down on it with the hopes that you will not get burned? I won’t.

Again, it is a decision that I am will make at that time based upon many factors. When the government comes in like something similar to Katrina…. We gone.

Profile photo of stingray
    stingray
    Survivalist
    member2

I have volunteered with my local Emergency First Responders for over 10 years. They can be a great source of training (they sponsored my EMT training and certification). In a local SHTF event I am both know and trusted by the local First Responders. They are a great resource for situational awareness just prior to and during SHTF.

Stingray

“If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles… if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.” Sun Tsu, The Art Of War.

Malgus
    Malgus
    Survivalist
    member8

Those who read Sun Tzu should also read Colonel John Boyd (a fighter pilot so adept, every single enemy he flew against was defeated in 40 seconds or less. Also a brilliant military theorist who literally retaught the Marines how to fight) and also Hans von Seeckt (German. Also a brilliant military theorist in his own right..)…

Do not underestimate anyone or any agency… if YOU can think of it, then they probably already have…

Do not make the mistake of assuming they will play by your rules.

Do not discount anyone or anything by saying “They couldn’t possibly…” Yes, they can. They have and they will.

If you go it alone, you will probably die quickly and badly. If you tribe up, you’ll still die – everyone does. Just a question of how and why. But you’ll at least live longer than otherwise and you’ll likely get closed out on your own terms – not anyone else’s…

The wicked flee when none pursueth..." - Proverbs 28:1

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The only problem is they would have to do it on a national level all at once for it to work to a point because the minute the word gets out that they are doing this all hell will happen guys. They do not have enough troops to do it all at the same time so you will get civil war.

It is a fantasy if you think they will be able to do every one at once. 100 million gun owners all at once before the word gets out PLEASE not in your or my dreams. That has been there problem all along that they have not gotten there hands around that problem.

There is only one way! EMP every news media is down, every cell phone is down. So the people can’t in any way find out what is going on in another city.

Any other way is civil war.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Malgus, they can for a small area like Boston but all at once do it on a National level! No way. They would need a way to close down all communication and then you would have what you see in Fergusion Nationally.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.