Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

So I was at the local outdoor store this week, and I picked up a Swedish Fire Knife, which is a collaboration by Mora and Light My Fire. The awesome part is that it’s a mora knife with a fire steel made to fit inside the handle.

I haven’t yet gotten to use it much, but initial handling of it makes me really enjoy it, so far. It may change when using it with some use, but that’ll be determined.

I know how many people always bash mora for not being a tacti-cool full tang light sabre commie slaying rambo swiss army knife, but I’m not using it to build a freakin house, so it wont be having to hold up to really hard use (if it does fail, I usually have a back up anyway).

Here’s a link to the LMF page on the knife; http://www.lightmyfire.com/products/products/swedish-fireknife.aspx

(p.s., as I said, it’s not tacti-cool, because it’s not a cool camo-green haha)

As I use it more and more I’ll post updates and photos or video of it.

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Ghost
    Ghost
    Survivalist
    member3

Knives are such a personal thing I don’t think there is a right or wrong, hope you do a full review and share your thoughts once you’ve put it through its paces.

If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Mr Red, I like all the colors it is made in. About what price range is it?

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Thanks Mr. Red. I like the concept.
    And i have few Mora knives, looking forward for more info from you, and full review.

Mr. Red
    Mr. Red
    Survivalist
    member7

Freedom I bought mine for close on to 30 CDN, but I’m sure they can be found for a bit cheaper (or more expensive depending on the place).

Canadian Patriot. Becoming self-sufficient.

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

Awesome you got that knife. I was about to get it when I read that this is an official collaboration. Mora’s are just great and having your firestarter along like that is fantastic.

Please report back with your impressions as soon as possible.

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

I watched the video in the link and was impressed with the length of the tang. Looks sturdier than I thought it would be. I might give it a go if I find one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.