Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

MARSOC have been using Glock 19 for awhile but getting a bit more official below. Perhaps it says something for the pistol reliability in SHTF/combat environments. A lot of great choices out there.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/story/military/2015/02/17/glock-19-pistols-approved-for-marsoc-operators/23548847/

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

The very secret secret service uses the FN five seven. But then… the marines are known for a lot of collateral damage. The .45 dumdum. Going heavy as usual.

DHS is using the .40 S&W since they have contracted to buy 450 million rounds of it out of a total of 704 million rounds.

no wonder …. there’s a lead shortage.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Brulen, The fact that there are no lead smelting plants in the US might account for the problem. The last one shut down in 2013, thanks to the epa

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Depending on the unit, many SO get to choose their personal weapon (read as pistol). I knew several guys (last couple I knew have since retired) that got to pick their when they were with the teams. Recon never did get a choice, but they carried M9’s at that time as did the FAST Teams. Many MSG had to carry 1911’s though. It just depends on command.

The Beretta has served our military well for many, many years. Biggest problem with them now is that they are all worn out and need replaced. Last time I qualified with mine was too long ago to admit, but shaking it made it sound like a maraca. We entertained ourselves in the field by treating them as such… Just saying.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Who carries what where and when in the military and beyond is a mystery that I’ve seen discussed on long threads in gun groups forever.

Glock 19 seems like a reasonable choice added to the list. The Euro list must be just as interesting. Who knows what the Russians and Chinese carry. I thought the glock .40 was a good compromise. Apparently not.

I think the military policy of not letting soldiers bring back personal guns from other countries is retarded. I see Neil Armstrong even brought back momentos from the moon. LOL

They can bring back wives …. why not guns. The world is insane.

Profile photo of matt76
    matt76
    Survivalist
    member8

Brulen I bet there are some that wish they had brought back a gun instead. :)

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>matt76 wrote:</div>Brulen I bet there are some that wish they had brought back a gun instead. :)

Fersure Matt. lol

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

FedEx is your friend when overseas…… Just saying.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

sledjockey wrote:
    FedEx is your friend when overseas…… Just saying.

LOL @ Jock

I will eventually go to the Glock “darkside”.
    My son has a G20 and it’s pretty sweet.
    I will only buy the G series of models which I cannot get a proper M&P example of, however. The M&P has a better subframe/chassis at this point in time, should last longer in extended use than a Glock.

I am mainly concentrating on Legacy Guns, things I can pass down to the great grandkids. I currently have no grandkids, so I’m speaking of a generation that is not even a glimmer. Their offspring, too!

BTW, Legacy Guns to me means all metal.
    ;)
    Thanks Whirli!
    :D

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

“The M&P has a better subframe/chassis at this point in time” Yes undeRGRönd, I’m seeing this in my SW M&P Shield (my ccw, Christmas gift last year). I’m impressed so far. It’s set up with XS Big Dot sights which I like a lot. I’ve been Glock user for 20 years but enjoy buying and trading various pistols and rifles. Perhaps some of my best range results have come from my H&K USP compact 9mm. I carry a Glock 20 in Alaska and in the lower 48 typically Glock 17 rotating with the M&P Shield depending on what I’m wearing. I had the M9 in the military and not keen on it. Lots of great choices …best to train on the platform of your choice. Buy extra ammo and magazines!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.