Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chester
    chester
    Survivalist
    member7

I’m having positive experience with my new Glock 43. It’s serving as a back up gun (BUG) and I’m carrying it for concealed carry too when I’m on the go in shorts and t-shirt. I like the Glock 26 but 43 is just enough smaller/lighter to make a difference for me. I have a great IWB holster for the 43 which makes it disappear. It plays back up to my Glock 17 or 21. I renewed my Utah carry permit and it’s good for many states out West and back East. Not a resident of Utah but go through the steps in my home state to pick up the Utah permit. I like it when I’m in Alaska you need not worry about permits. The Glock 43 is small single stack 9mm and it’s also shootable and it’s a Glock.

“Glock 43: Submerged, Frozen, Never Cleaned, Goes BOOM Every Time”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/04/glock-43-submerged-frozen-never-cleaned-goes-boom-every-time/

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Glock’s are great guns.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

A few mag problems with the 43, like those with the 36, it seems almost expected from a single stack Glock.
    Not dogging on Glock, have had more than my share, and still using them.

Just a reminder to fully function check the gun and every mag.

Gonna stick to my 23 for cc, least until I can find a 26/27 for the right price.
    The single stack compact guns, with few exceptions are just too thin to operate well. The Walther PPS is an exception.

And I hate to say it, but I prefer that my bullets are .400 or larger.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

After years of carrying a 9 mm I now carry a Rock Island 45 acp. It is single stack but still a hefty piece of iron. What sold me is the bull barrel.
    Up to a couple years ago I used the normal stance (shooting arm out straight.) I have changed to a Weaver stance, modified somewhat. I found myself “pushing” when in the normal stance and this modified Weaver stops that. It also makes grapping an extra mag easier.
    Using an inside the waistband holster or other type of holster made huge bulges in my shirts. So I now carry without a holster. I always wear a undershirt of some kind to keep the metal off the skin.
    Having said all this I have found that this weapon does require a tad more TLC than I am used to supplying. No problem doing this as long as the gun runs correctly when needed.
    Robin

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The 1911 is like a Harley, requiring tinkering and maintainence.
    The Glock is like a Gold Wing, put gas in it and go.

FYI, 1911s like to be run wet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.