Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

This Glock 41 is a big gun, it is longer then a 1911. The G41 holds 13+1 .45ACP rounds which is the same as the G21. For a home defense gun the G41 looks like a winner with the stopping power of the .45ACP.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/glock-41-gen-4-new-gun-review-competitionduty-45-acp/

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Freedom, Looks like a winner.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Yes 74, they tested it shoot 1,000 rounds with no problems at all.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

I visited a buddy in AZ last week and during the visit he bought a G21 SF at a local store – a great buy for just over $400 since it was a “used” gun. I MAY have had a box through it. Anyway, not sure if the G41 has a SF option or not, but the SF versions (they make .40 cal and 10mm SF’s also) are great for those that want the .45 option, but have smaller hands. I thought the SF meant “slim frame”, but it actually means “short frame” where they reduced the backstrap and slimmed the grip for smaller hands. The G21 SF also holds 13+1.

My two cents – anything longer than a 5″ GI size gun for duty is too long to be able to draw quickly, especially for those of smaller arm length. Competition/hunting – different story. For home defense, I’d still go with the 21 – just a preference. Same reason I don’t own a G17 – too long. G19 is my largest 9mm.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

The 41 is an interesting piece, especially as a belt, “target”, or competition pistol. It is hardly a concealment gun though.

Size and balance are an individual thing. Some like and prefer short, some long. My preference runs from full size to mid size more dependent on balance than anything else.

In a 1911, I prefer the steel framed Combat Commander to the full length model, the difference is slight and hardly noticeable but I can feel it.

The 41 didn’t feel right when I got to play with one right after Shot Show, the 21 (non-SF) has the best balance in use for me. The 30 is my general concealment gun, and I like it but the 21 is more dynamic than the other two.
    For me.

One of my favorite guns for a long time was a Glock 17 that I cut down to use 19 mags, it concealed better and kept the longer sight radius and reliability of the full size model along with the slightly better ballistics of the longer barrel.

Depending on the next couple days I may be involuntarily switching to the .40 caliber, my least favorite duty round, in the not to distant future. If it happens, I will be making another conversion using a 22 and 23 mags for my own use, we shall see.

If you like the balance and feel of the 41, by all means go for it. Personally I would like to see a 10mm version, with a couple of conversion barrels (.40 & .357 Sig) it would be a phenominal choice for general purpose. But then I always felt the 20 was the best Glock ever built.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.