Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well today in the morning here in Miami, Florida it was 57 degrees. I have lived here since I was four years old and have never seen 57 degrees in the beginning of Nov. NEVER! That is cold for the beginning of Nov.

So were is the global warming? Please post your opinions.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Don’t know, it was 65 here yesterday, before the storm came in.
    We had snow flurries today, big flakes but they’re gone already.
    Right now it’s 39F, WInter may finally be making a showing.

Personally, I’d prefer sunny and 70 year round, but the rest of the family likes the winter sports.
    I’ll be inside with a cup of cocoa.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

My environmental friends use the term “global change”… They have their bases covered now! Hee, hee, hee! :)

It was -4C (24.8F) last night in my tent. My heart goes out to anyone in Florida that would have to put up with 57F (13.8C). At least I’m expecting the deep-freeze to start sometime after November 1st.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

There are always weather anomalies, hotter, colder, wetter, dryer and so forth. Last summer was the hottest summer in a very long time where I live with a full week of hitting 90 or more every day. Lots of humid days too. This year it never hit 90 even once and not so humid either. Last winter lasted several weeks longer than normal, but the prior years saw spring coming earlier than usual. What matters is not any single year but rather the long term trends. There definitely is climate change but there has always been climate change. That it changes doesn’t mean it is a result of human activity. Maybe it is, maybe it’s not. The important question is instead whether we can or should do anything about it. By that I mean the cure could be worse than the disease so to speak.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

……………………. right now its in b.c. canada the pine beatle hasn’t been killed off by a normal minus 30 degree C winter in decades……… as well as in the north west territory and yukon…. where scientists harper shut down have been SCREAMING about the methane thawing out and a runnaway green house effect.

Who profits from creating dissension on this issue??? anyone???????

It is also well accepted that species we depend on cannot survive change in climate NOT weather at this pace… The century and millennia that it took for previously recorded ice ages and warming periods to change did not occur this fast…

Runaway green house effect means we could turn into venus. The hottest planet in the solar system… I say could, its not probable in my mind at all… We could fix global warming with less than 0.01% of the worlds current nuclear arsenal. Matter of fact… at this tipping point in global climate, it would more or less cool it off perfectly. *rant rant* fucking oil companys and there bullshit propaganda. cock ******* are as bad as the railways where when it comes to mowing people and its own workers down… *rant rant*

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Potentially Historic Northeast Snowstorm Ahead

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/news/winter-storm-juno-snow-clipper-midwest-mid-atlantic-northeast-storm-early-week

Moore said New England was “going to take a big hit, for sure,” with the storm intensifying “into a monster” as it moves northeastward Monday.

In Boston, crews were stocking their plows with salt and sand for clearing snowy, icy roads. Officials cautioned that heavy and wet snow could trigger power outages, NBC station WHDH reported.

“Take this very seriously,” Mayor Marty Walsh said. He urged city dwellers to get prepared as soon as possible. “Don’t wait till the last minute, because this storm is giving us a 24-hour head start to get ready for it.”

Massachusetts was also bracing for winds that could reach 70 mph in coastal areas, which, paired with the snow, will create whiteout conditions.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

What 70 mph winds coming off the ocean do along New England’s rocky coast is whip up a storm surge and huge waves that will fling small stones against structures. Hopefully it won’t coincide with high tide. I’ve seen waterfront homes with their cedar shingles blasted off by the stones being flung by the waves. People whose homes are situated in ways that make them subject to that kind of damage put plywood over the windows like you would for a hurricane.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/eastern-cape/spring-snowfall-forecast-for-cape-1.1948704

The weather in South Africa ?Very strange indeed. Snow again in mid summer !!
    Hail – Snow .. At least it is wet

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

In a drought, even frozen wet is a good thing.

Leopard
    Leopard
    Survivalist
    member8

Last night the rain was coming down softly – here in Johannesburg. But between 01h00 to 02h00 I thought the Russian missiles were pounding down in my garden. The lighting was shaking the windows and was relentless, it simply would not stop. My dog was right next to my bed. He tried to get under my bed with his big body shaking.

The violent storm destroyed more than 5 000 houses – their roofs ripped off by the strong wind that was followed by rain and hail on Monday.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/pics-storm-destroyed-5000-houses-1.1947721

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/limpopo/limpopo-runs-out-of-relief-funds-1.1948058

Provincial authorities said that funds allocated for stock feed aid had been exhausted, and they were unable to relieve the situation further by buying livestock feed for stressed farmers. “The drought is still a big a problem, we just received a report from Water and Sanitation on dam levels, they are dropping,” she said. “We are still on a serious crisis.”

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

What a disaster. Amidst a drought, major infrastructure and economic problems, now SA will have an internal refugee problem too with so many homes lost and farmers unable to get feed for their animals. It may be just a small part of the country but unless govt can provide proper aid, it will contribute to govt itself hurtling towards its own collapse in the form of inability to provide the minimum safety net so as to retain order in the country.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.