Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This article is really about human evolution and the gene pool. My take is on the adaptability and resourcefulness of humans, as well as the obvious naturally occuring climate change only a few short years ago in geologic time. The pendulum is swinging again and we see it in the movement of the magnetic poles.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29940694

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Good Article 74, I agree that the global climate change has to do more with nature that man. The movement of the magnetic poles is happening right now and may last hundreds of years according to geologic and fossil records. On the magnetic pole changes you can read this article on NASA website, http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012-poleReversal.html

Also volcano eruptions change the climate too. We been having many this year.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

“Forget peak oil. We are at peak everything!”, is the rallying cry of environmental, statists from all over the planet.

I am a reformed environmentalist. I know from painful experience that people with a religious-like belief will ignore any evidence that disproves their hypothesis. For example, the US has gone through peak oil during the 1970s. Based on Hubbert’s Theory, there should be a continued decline in oil production in the US. In the last few years, fracking has proven Hubbert’s Theory incorrect.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_oil

Now, I’m not a fan of fracking because of the problem of groundwater contamination and the US maybe trading potable water for energy independence. Nevertheless, the Hubbert’s Theory which is the cornerstone of the peak oil movement, has been proven incorrect due to technological advance, just like the techoncrats said it would.

The biggest danger of the religious-like beliefs of the environmental movement is that they know, even if they don’t have the facts on their side, they are still “right”. They must protect the world (Gaia) from the scourge, that is humanity. Environmentalists have in a funny way, lost their humanity.

The next dangerous belief is that the risk to the world (Gaia) is so great, that any cost is worth spending. So, this makes environmentalists into hardcore statists. Since saving the world (Gaia) requires a worldwide coordinated rescue effort, this means the creation of a world government. Ugh.

Nor do these environmentalists, have what I would consider a sane way to assess their progress in saving the planet either.

Since I’m not much of a fan of big government, the idea of having a world government horrifies me. During my research of this issue, I found out how well developed this plan has become. I found out I was already a “disciple”. If you haven’t heard about UN Agenda 21, I would recommend understanding their goals because they have a lot of followers. It’s the most amazing piece of propaganda. Learning about UN Agenda 21 totally discombobulated me! Gee, and I thought they were my creative ideas… What a dupe I am. I wrote more about it here.

http://eatkamloops.org/sustainable-system-series/

Do watch Rosa Koire’s lecture called Behind the Green Mask for more information about UN Agenda 21:

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

“Just say, No!” to these environmental, statists.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The problem with the green is that all the green products are made were they product as much pollutes as the rest of energy products. We have not really found any real green product. To manufacturer solar panels you need many materials that create pollutes too and what about the batteries? Then there is wind, well they kill birds, look real bad or unnatural and also use materials that are product the same way as oil is. from the plastics, lead, glass, aluminum, steel, and electricity to make all of what is green is just as bad as oil and any other energy present today and it cost much more.

I am not against new energy just they is no new energy that cost the same as oil and coal and the pollution created by green products is the same. Just look at the light bulb now they have lead! Look at this news video,
    Struggling solar thermal plant seeks huge taxpayer bailout!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3880527660001/struggling-solar-thermal-plant-seeks-huge-taxpayer-bailout/#sp=show-clips

Now they want a bailout from us the peoples money! It doesn’t work! This is the problem, for any of the new energy to work you need private companies to invest there own money like every other business. This is how it will work. This solar is now killing birds by the 1,000’s.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

freedom, don’t get me going about light bulbs! Like I said before, I’m a dope. I believed all the bull!

I did some writing about the new light bulb. It’s a total scam: http://eatkamloops.org/ban-on-incandescent-bulbs-are-compact-fluorescents-better/.

If you want so humorous history on compact fluorescent, watch Mr Stinkpant.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

Here in BC, we have the first “carbon tax” in North America. It’s nothing to be proud of but my environmental friends say it’s the greatest thing since Greenpeace saved the whales.

Actually, freedom, I’m really BIG into small-scale alternative energy that is designed for a specific site, paid for and run by the private property owner. The problem with big-arsed alternative energy programs, is they are run by government protectorates (crony capitalists) with government granted monopolies, funded by taxpayer money.

These “green” programs are very wasteful and are usually hated by the people that live near the projects. These “green” projects can negatively effect adjacent private property values, enraging neighbors. Some say their health has been negatively effected. A good example is the wind farms near Kincardine, ON. Kincardine is knows for its nuclear power plant that produces about 25% of Ontario’s power.

http://eatkamloops.org/pick-your-poison-or-change-your-life/

“Maybe we need to turn our societal creativity towards micro-projects that could be managed on the household or neighborhood level. What would it be like to live in a world where we didn’t pay utility bills to some faceless corporation but managed our own micro-utility system?”

I hope, with all my heart, that we move towards “green” micro-projects funded and operated by the private property owners. Unfortunately, the winds of change are not blowing in that direction… The government doesn’t want you to control your own sources of energy… You might start thinking that you don’t NEED them… That would be an unacceptable outcome for them.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

C,
    No we are not moving in that direction. Look what the UN is up to in Africa.
    Kenya’s Catholic bishops are charging two United Nations organizations with sterilizing millions of girls and women under cover of an anti-tetanus inoculation program sponsored by the Kenyan government.

According to a statement released Tuesday by the Kenya Catholic Doctors Association, the organization has found an antigen that causes miscarriages in a vaccine being administered to 2.3 million girls and women by the World Health Organization and UNICEF. Priests throughout Kenya reportedly are advising their congregations to refuse the vaccine.

“We sent six samples from around Kenya to laboratories in South Africa. They tested positive for the HCG antigen,” Dr. Muhame Ngare of the Mercy Medical Centre in Nairobi told LifeSiteNews. “They were all laced with HCG.”

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/a-mass-sterilization-exercise-kenyan-doctors-find-anti-fertility-agent-in-u

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

c, you have some good points. I like new ways of producing energy. I am not into the government funding many things that are new and not proven but I think that the government need to fund solar for home owners only. Lets stop spending 100’s of millions of dollars funding billionaires with there projects. That the government fund home owners will not happen since the electric companies would go down.

But I can say that here in Florida more and more home owners are going solar for there electricity and it works out to be about 75 to 85% of there electricity. They still have to buy some but not much.

Solar has some future but it is still limited by space and battery life. I do thing there has been more advances in solar.

I also thing that the cheaper oil is a good thing for the future of solar since the Chinese are invested big in solar they will have to produce cheaper panels that collect more energy.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

I think everyone should pay for their own private property improvements and not get money for home improvements from government funding… Ever. These type of funding for home improvements comes from the taxpayer’s pocket first, before being extorted by the government for their “good works”. This type of government funding distorts the market and causes malinvestment.

Billionaires and regular Joes should pay for their own home improvements themselves.

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

meh polotics, your taxes go to pay the debt, anything that is built, roads, schools wtv… the money is borrowed from a bank, it never comes from your pocket. the debt can never be repaid… its a mathematical certainty. as tax payers we are pledged to pay the debt, none of what you pay actually goes to roads etc, and you certainly don’t own it . WHOS STREET? not our street…. it really does work that way….

****.. when you deposit money in a bank… if you ever bother to read the fine print in your contracts… your actually lending the money to the banks, it leaves your possession… thats why they get away with bank runs etc… not to mention inflation…

and gold… don’t even get me started on gold. you think you own it because its in your possession, but the law to the letter its owned by your government and can be re possessed at any time, as far as they are concerned legally… your just a custodian, until you are an enemy of the state.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

c private property owners are the tax payers. The money is now going to corp and billionaires. The same thing happen with the foreclose home government really didn’t help any home owner. What the government did was give billions to the banks so the banks invested it in the stock market and not on helping the people which is were the money comes from.

The regular joes are the only ones that should be funded if there is any funding by the government since it is the regular joes money in the first place, the regular joes are the ones paying the taxes. The corp are not paying much at all.

Government is only there for the people not to fund corp and billionaires. Lets stop spending joes money on other countries and corp green projects that fail because they all rob there own corp and use the same money to pay the politicians

The joes are the ones getting it were the moon don’t shine every time.

Profile photo of c
    c
    member7

As soon as you give money to the government they give it to whomever they want. The left likes to give it to crony labor the right likes to give it to crony capitalists. The taxpayer’s money will do far more good in the taxpayer’s pocket then in your friendly neighborhood bureaucrat’s pocket! :)

Do you really think bureaucrats will spend your hard-earned productivity as well as you would? Do you really see bureaucrats as wise overlords that know how to spend your productivity better than you do?

The only way to stop the legal plunder is saying “No!” to taxation. Once your productivity is taken through taxation YOU lose control of your productivity. Then the government decides which groups will get the legal plunder. That’s why the right and left fight over government power, so they can decide where the legal plunder will go… which is to their friends of course.

If we want to see real progress in society, leave the money in the taxpayer’s pocket so the taxpayer may spend on volunteer transactions, saving and investing. Without heavy government spending, we won’t have “green” pyramid-like projects built for the glory of the government, but we WILL have a society that the citizens buy for themselves with their own productivity. In my opinion, that’s real progress.

Real progress in society comes from the spontaneous order of the marketplace. I don’t see it coming from the wise overlords in government with their dumb-arse, green programs.

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Coming back to 74’s original article that started this thread, it is excellent. I love the advances in science being made via genetic studies. Concerning the ice age changes in the genetic stock noted in the article, I wonder to what extent people were genetically adapted to living in an ice age climate. It seems plausible to me. I know that I am much more suited to a cold climate than to a warm one. You couldn’t pay me enough to live in a tropical setting or anywhere where temps in the 90’s occur frequently in the summer. Were I to move again, it would be further north.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

Well c I do agree with you that the better thing is no taxation but lets be real that is not going to happen. So yes the government will never use the peoples money in the right way. Now I am not talking about handouts which I am not for at all. What I am saying is that they always use the peoples money to help the banks or very large corp and do not help the joes when the joes get them self’s in trouble which is what happens all the time with banks. Remember the 1980’s Savings & Loans. And then in 2008, when they gave the banks 100’s of billions to bail them out. That bailout was supposedly to help the joes in foreclose. Yes some joes did the wrong investment and no one including the banks be aloud to get any bailout money but I personally would be less bad if the joes got the bailout and not the banks which made the wrong business loans to the joes in the first place with the zero down loan deals. The banks are the guilty party.

I do agree that no tax is better. I do not believe in taxes on your home. Taxes on our homes is only making us all renters and not owners. You can never say you own your home 100% because if you stop payment on your home taxes they will take it away from you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.