Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

The Germans are being told to stockpile 10 days of food, water. So how are the German people going to defend all that food and water when the SHTF, with knifes, bats and hammers. The terrorist, criminals and drug dealers and have guns so they are not buying food or water, they will just take it from the unarmed population.

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Stockpiling a 10 day supply of food, water, and meds is ordinarily not a bad idea. Would that ‘Muricans would do the same. But given the recent past performance of the German government in “protecting” its citizens from invasion by hostile foreigners, NOT, were I a German, I’d suspect that Frau Merkel was really trying to indirectly supply the invaders, at minimal cost to the government. She’s already told the citizens to suffer rapes, robberies, and beatings in silence, lest they be arrested for defaming the religion of peace. The invaders can collect their supplies as soon as they’re just a little more numerous, and better prepared.

Does the Führerin still get a lifetime term of office?

Cry, "Treason!"

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

They get it alright , lets see here ……………….WW1 , WW2 , and wanted to be king again by starting the failure called the EU , with them in charge , then the Muslim invasion ……………they dont get it , I dont think they ever will . Germany is one of those countries that goes through the school of hard knocks ………..because they dont learn lessons the first or next time out .

Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

Well, it seems that the responses to WB’s post filled in his final statement – the, “At least sort of,” part. Which means WB apparently fully got it. There may be side issues and hidden motives in it all, but the bottom line is STILL what LT said: “Would that ‘Muricans would do the same.”

I just read two different articles, one after the other, that seemingly had no relationship to one another. Yet in fact they’re tightly interwoven – the thread is just invisible to almost everyone. Still, that doesn’t change the reality of that thread, nor its placement. Consider this one individual’s first-hand account of what’s ongoing in Louisiana at the moment. Be aware that the grandfather she mentions in the blog post, who had to be airlifted out by National Guard helicopter in a coma, was in that condition because he ran out of oxygen and they could not get any more. He’s finally back with family recovering, but not in his own home. The grandparents, and an aunt and uncle are now living with other family – their own homes totaled. You’ll see his home in the blog. But for the moment, just consider the obliviousness displayed by so many. None of that sort of thing could possibly happen to any of them – or maybe even to us. (Uh-huh!)

http://gorogueit.com/2016/08/my-flood-journal/

Then there’s this article, about banks. Banks and floods? No relationship there, right (except for the obvious river banks that were overflowed)? But think about what this article is saying. I’ll quote just pieces of it, followed by the link:

Since September 2008, central banks have cut rates more than 650 times. Global rates are now at their lowest level in 5,000 years.

You almost have to own risky assets to have any shot at a decent return these days. That’s why investors have loaded up on stocks, which are generally riskier than bonds. It’s why folks have piled into high-yielding “junk bonds,” which are issued by companies with poor credit.

Banks have the same problem. To make money, many have to make risky loans.
    . . .
    Second-quarter profits at HSBC, Europe’s biggest lender, fell 45% from a year ago. Spanish banking giant Banco Santander’s second-quarter profits fell 50%. At Deutsche Bank, profits plunged 98%.
    . . .
    Right now, banks are using credit cards to lift their sagging profits. According to Financial Times, they’re making “lavish offers” to get folks to take out credit cards:

The industry has piled on about $18bn of card loans and other types of revolving credit within just three months, as consumers borrow more and banks battle for customers with air miles, cashback deals and other offers.

Even worse, banks are recklessly lending to people with shaky finances and low credit scores.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/will-your-bank-survive-the-coming-financial-crisis

Kind of sounds like the sub-prime loan disaster from not too many years back, doesn’t it?

The tie-in between the articles? Probably people here in this forum are far more likely to see it than the general public, but here goes anyway (and I’m sure others will see even more). People are hurting big time, as evidenced by their willingness (and need) to take on still more debt. Banks are hurting, as evidenced by their willingness to take on more debt. The corporations are hurting, as evidenced by their willingess AND NEED to take on more debt – and at junk-bond interest rates (which consumers are gleefully buying up). And government is hurting, as evidenced by its willingness to take on even greater debt. The toothpick pyramid should be obvious right there.

In the meantime, people go on living in La-la Land, allowing cognitive dissonance to rule their lives, being ill prepared for even a 10-day emergency.

So yes, Germany is right, even if for a multitude of the wrong reasons. But also remember that one of them may well be that the government knows it cannot take care of its people regardless of the disaster (be it flood, windstorm, drought, transportation disruption, war, Martian invasion, financial meltdown, massive coronal mass ejection, or a “stray” Lil’ Kim nuke at 250 miles of altitude). And at least they’re warning their people, while we don’t hear even so much as a peep out of our government minders. Ain’t NO lives gonna matter when whatever precipitating event happens.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of GeorgiaSaint GeorgiaSaint.
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Whatever Germany’s motivations are, I say kudos to them. Some preparation is better than none. Russia and Switzerland seem to be the only countries in the world that take civil defense seriously. Having grown up with the designated fallout shelter signs in many places and knowing that those shelters were at least minimally stocked at one time, I find it sad that our govt. no longer seems to care about civil defense.

GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

MB – Amen.

GS
    "Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land."

Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

As to the current risk of bank savings accounts, stocks, and bonds, I’m reminded of Will Rogers being more worried about the return of his money, than the return on his money. As to preps, the more, the better.

Cry, "Treason!"

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Profile photo of L Tecolote L Tecolote.
    GeorgiaSaint
    Veteran
    member9

… more worried about the return of his money, than the return on his money. As to preps, the more, the better.

Another “Amen!” from the congregation.

GS

Profile photo of pitty
    pitty
    Survivalist
    member2

Stockpiling a 10 day supply of food, water, and meds is ordinarily not a bad idea. Would that ‘Muricans would do the same. But given the recent past performance of the German government in “protecting” its citizens from invasion by hostile foreigners, NOT, were I a German, I’d suspect that Frau Merkel was really trying to indirectly supply the invaders, at minimal cost to the government. She’s already told the citizens to suffer rapes, robberies, and beatings in silence, lest they be arrested for defaming the religion of peace. The invaders can collect their supplies as soon as they’re just a little more numerous, and better prepared.

Does the Führerin still get a lifetime term of office?

What the most people “overlooked” in the original message was the addition: “….and the people must provide their own protection”. Most people didn’t read what the government is writing to them.
    When Merkel said “we make it”, who was meant with “we”? The elites where meant, the elites and not the folk. If you really listen to them and read their statements carefully then you can (maybe) figure out what will happen to you.
    I fear in the near future we will know what has been devised for us, to be prepared is very important now!

It doesn’t matter if the government indirectly tries to supply them, all folks that are preparing know that they have to protect themselves because no other will do it.
    Perhaps they wanted just an economic boost because the people buy anything possible, that would also be a possibility.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of pitty pitty.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

pitty, This is why here in America we the people value the 2nd Amendment so much. Gun rights are the only way for the people to be able to protect them self and family. In all of Europe except Switzerland do not have any right to own a weapon. Owning a weapon to protect your self and your family is a God given right.

Toby C
    Toby C
    Survivalist
    member6

“In all of Europe except Switzerland do not have any right to own a weapon”

Sorry to say, but that is inaccurate…

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overview_of_gun_laws_by_nation#Europe

Not as liberal laws as the US, but it is possible to own firearms in most European countries…

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Toby, I think the wording is correct,

Right vs permission (privilege or allowance)

The near unique ability of the American to purchase and possess firearms is completely different than Europe.

Hey it’s Thursday, I want a new 9mm Glock with a dozen 33 round mags, an FAL and a Benelli shotgun with a 10 round mag. I can walk into my local dealer and walk out with them.
    No permission, no licenses, no local LE signatures.

Because we have that right.
    Because our forefathers fought to defend that right.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

TC, Whirlibird is right. We is the U. S. A. have a right the 2nd amendment and a God given right.

Also when I posted Europe I meant Spain, Britain, Italy, Germany, France, Austria which are all gun control countries. Norway law is Firearms in Norway are regulated by the Firearm Weapons Act which is like gun control.

Iceland wikipedia is NOT free to own a gun; A license is required to own or possess firearms. National government safety course required before applying for a license. Special license required to own pistols. Pistols may only be used for target shooting at a licensed range. Semi automatic firearms have caliber restrictions.

Many of the ones in wikipedia like Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina has the best of them all but even Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina are not the U. S. A. The two most liberal still have to have a permit and a registration of what type of gun you own so this means that at any time the government can go to your home and collect the weapon you have.

Selco
    Selco
    Survivalist
    member6

Hello folks.
    Here is my input here about owning the weapon and right to have weapon.
    In order to have weapon here (handgun) you need to go to whole set of different “tests”.
    First you need to prove that you mentally and phisically in right condition, with physical exams, exams over with psychiatrist, psycologist etc.
    After that you need to collect papers that you do not have (any) criminal record. After that you go to classes to learn weapon basics.
    During collecting of all papers folks from local police station usually do kind of investigation-or in reality just couple of conversations with your work collegues and neighbours, about your personality, for example if your neighbour hates you he says that you have rage problems sometimes, or drink too much and your license is out of the option.
    After all that you get permit to buy one pistol and (optinally) one revolver.
    Whole procedure to get licence usually take around 6 months.
    Just to collect all papers and finish exams and similar cost you around 500 USD.
    To buy pistol-glock 21 for example will cost you around 850 USD
    One .45 round is 1 USD
    Average salary (monthly) here is around 450-500 USD.
    When you get your licence, when you buy your gun, then you have right to buy around 30 rounds per year (not more). Usually when you buy another 30 rounds you need to prove where you “spent” first 30 rounds.

Once you get your licence and your gun you can lost both just because one bar fight (even you left your gun at home) because you are “violent”.
    Any kind of violence record automatically means losing of your gun and licence, usually forever.
    This all above goes for Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Bosnia… whole number of countries here around,with slight differences in expenses maybe.

What is scary here is actually fact that system is strongly encouraging you not to have gun, not to be armed. And that is really scary we all know why.

OK, other story here is that you could buy AK at black market for 150 USD with four magazines, assoult west, and small marks on rifle butt meaning kill count :) but if caught you go to prison from one to two years.

I remember from last war armed groups going from door to door with lists of people who have weapon at home, that papers with license owners names are taken from police station.
    You could give them your gun or die.
    Being on someone s list as a gun owner is scary idea too here.

Right vs permission (privilege or allowance)

The near unique ability of the American to purchase and possess firearms is completely different than Europe.

Hey it’s Thursday, I want a new 9mm Glock with a dozen 33 round mags, an FAL and a Benelli shotgun with a 10 round mag. I can walk into my local dealer and walk out with them.
    No permission, no licenses, no local LE signatures.

Because we have that right.
    Because our forefathers fought to defend that right.

We do not have right here to have weapon, we have illusion that we are protecting ourselves because system gave us option to have pistol.
    It is nothing when SHTF.
    Thanks God for black market.
    In several interviews in last couple of months they asked me same question: “what do you like in US about preppers”?
    Answer is same: your RIGHT to have weapons.
    Of course that right can be taken from you, but you have long history of having that RIGHT, and I think it can not be taken without huge s..t.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.