Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

When I find a handy tool that works for a particular purpose , I like to pass it on . The Leatherman Micra is one such tool . I have several of these handy little things scattered all over . The thing that makes the Micra a good thing to have on your person as EDC , is the fact that it is very small , and can be put on a keychain easily , they are very light , you forget that its in your pocket .

The tools Leatherman chose for the micra are things that come in handy every day . The main tool is scissors instead of the Leatherman standard pliers , it has a small blade on the side that is VERY sharp , almost like an exacto blade , you can see by the picture below , what is on it .

You can get the micra used on ebay in lots of 6 or more . They come in two varieties , the stainless steel handle ….I recommend that one ! , and colored aluminum handles ( take your chances if you go aluminum ….only because it is aluminum . ) After using the Micra , I soon discovered that it seems perfect for med kits !! seriously , the two things that make it a great thing to have are the scisors as the main tool ( cutting bandages , tape , etc. ) and Leatherman succeeded where the Swiss Army knives failed ……..that is a robust set of tweezers attached to the Micras side , they fold out and CAN NOT BE LOST . Every IFAK I have , now has a Micra in it .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I have seen these but have not purchased one. The scissors do look very good.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

For first aid kits , they are a real gem to have in there . Take up about as much space as a bic lighter , probably even a little less sense they are flat .

Jay
    Jay
    Survivalist
    member3

They are great. I have a [mlink keywords=”Leatherman Skeletool” amzn=”1″ main=”a” direct=””] and it has helped me countless times. When I moved to a new place it was also our first proper tool and it helped us more than I thought this small beast could.

Personally I carry a small swiss pocket knife with scissors in my EDC. Blades are great but for some every day emergencies (like cutting nose hair) scissors rule!

Alea iacta est ("The die has been cast")

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.