Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THis is a short recommendation for a well made mess kit . I used to travel for a living , that meant extended stays , motels , and being stuck in airports . It was bad enough without not being able to eat properly because you didn’t have anything to eat it with , I dont know about anybody else , but I like to live like a human as much as I can . You read about doing without and adapting , making things if you dont have this or that , blah blah blah …..that all is true , but my question is ….why do things like that if you dont have to ? its good to know , but better to be prepared and not have to . Thats where something as mundane as a military utensil kit will make your life that much less stressful , face it folks , plastic and aluminum sometimes just doesnt cut it …literally .

I picked up two of these kits , one for each of my packs , they have been used more times than I can count , very handy item to have with you .They are full sized , that means you can eat like a human , they are German made , that means good quality , stainles steel , so they are tough , even though they are full size , they fold up pretty small , and held together by the can opener .
    I have read where these are being copied , I dont know ….but the real deal will have stamped on at least 3 of the 4 pieces the letters OFW then a number , then either BUND or Bw underneath the number .

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Soup spoons have to be big. Looks like you got a big one. I like a titanium long spoon 6″ handle for pots and large cups of hot cocoa. You get what you pay for. Make it last and it pays twice over.

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

If you have a knife you can carve a spoon and fork if you get wood or plastic. half the world eats with fingers only this is wrong area to put a lot of thought into

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

True , but like I said , ………….why do it if you dont have to ? I could move heavy objects by placing logs in a row in front of it , and rolling the object ……………but why do it , when there is a forklift sitting off to the side ? As far as half the world eating with their fingers ….most of them are 3rd world nations , and for the most part , always will be . Just Sayin

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tolik,
    I like full size utensils. Eating with less is like eating with your hands.

Tolik
    Tolik
    Survivalist
    member10

THe only thing about these , is the european can opener ….cant figure it out ….then again , my leatherman has one that works just fine lol .

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I am like 1974t150v full size utensils is my thing. I do not need a knife since I always have a pocket knife so a spoon and fork is all I need in my bag.

Profile photo of bellis
    bellis
    Survivalist
    member1

Hey Tolik, these are a great piece of kit! I’ve had the same one for years. Full size utensils and once you figure out the can opener you are set. I carried mine on multiple deployments, it was nice to have real utensils when most of the time we only had plastic ware at best.

Profile photo of Kiwi25
    Kiwi25
    Survivalist
    member3

I have a set like this which I found in some estate auction box of stuff. It was someones souvineer from a German soldier in WW2. It has the eagle and swastika stamped on it. The spoon is missing.. but the other bits are very similar to the modern kit. Spooky…. I have never used them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.