Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

IMHO. After all I have read, learned and discussed with professional people who deal with this threat as a career (a brother), you will NOT convince me to entrust any electronics I expect to survive an EMP situation to a garbage can lined in cardboard.

You must decide for yourself of course, whether to believe this will work or not. We will only know who is right after the fact right? I know it is something being passed around a lot of survival/preparedness sites. On another post I shared an outfits product TruProtect that make the stuff that will work if you want to line a closet or small room. They also sell small and medium size EMP protective pouches. I use these. I have a small coat closet lined with TruProtect’s products that I keep the pouches and bigger stuff in.

Here is a link that I would suggest you read in entirety, that my brother referred me to for you all. He feels will help you most easily decide from people who deal with this as a profession or part of their profession.

That’s all I will say. Reminds me too much of my physics classes which always gave me a flippin’ headache :)!

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Whatever you decide to use, it should be well grounded.

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

1974t150v – actually, from what I understand a garbage can need not be grounded. But- what the H do I know.

My warning was meant about just a garbage can and cardboard. You need to have placed either steel wool pulled apart and placed overlapping around the edges before you place in the can…or seal it well with aluminum tape.

I use the TruProtect because I don’t want to be constantly taking things out of the g-can and wasting all that tape and fussing with the steel wool. I keep the TruProtect envelopes within reach on my desk – and have trained myself to put the things I would like to try and protect in them after every use.(Huh…I try…but am often lazy…probablypay for that! :) )

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Tweva, Grounding helps protect everything from collected stray electrical currents. The energy absorbed by a Faraday should be redirected and disapated. Magnetic and radio frequency waves will be converted to static electricity.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Stihl makes microprocessor controlled chainsaw engines now. Does that mean they could be vulnerable to emp? Its the new M-Tronic line. If the part is small enough it might be cheaper to buy extra MPs than protect a whole chainsaw.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

From what I read copper is the best practical sheathing for protect because it is one of the best conductors. It absorbs RF and magnetic energy. A storage locker could be lined with copper window screen that will hold anything.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.