Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

I found this online book that you can read for free on Gardening Without Irrigation.

I am reading it now. Let me know what you all think.

http://www.soilandhealth.org/03sov/0302hsted/030201/03020100frame.html

Profile photo of tweva
    tweva
    Survivalist
    rreallife

Thanks Freedom.
    There are more gardening ‘methods’ out there than you can shake a stick at. This guy does use/water his plants – just not all of them or as much as some people might. Also doesn’t plant ‘intensively’. But he is also always hoeing making his dust mulch. Ugh. To me that is just lots more darn work – gradening is work enough without hoeing all the darn time. I don’t do that. I mulch everything.

For me, I use different methods for growing different things. The crops I depend on to feed myself I will water if needed because I depend on them to live. Crops I don’t depend on or am experimenting with I may or may not water much – depends on weather, my available time, if I remember etc.

Thanks for the free read.

Profile photo of freedom
    freedom
    Survivalist
    rnews

You welcome tweva.

Rowan McDirk
    Rowan McDirk
    Survivalist
    member3

Thanks for the link, I will read the book.
    I currently use John Seymour’s deep bed method. I only water for the seeds to sprout or the little plants to get their roots fixed. For the rest the plants must grow their roots deep enough and take care of their own water supply.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.