Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

http://news.yahoo.com/syrian-airstrikes-kill-8-town-near-jordan-122508707.html

Watch the video, take note of the first box of grenades, they’re old, really old pineapple MkII grenades from WWII/JKorea, the US Navy used them as late as the 70’s. Their last ‘official’ use was in the 6-day war.

The funny part, they have the drilled out hole in the bottom, they are training grenade bodies. And no detonators. A box of iron scrap.

The ‘tubed’ grenades the gent unwraps, haven’t been “issue” since 1968.
    These are M-26’s, not officially issued since the 70’s again. But commonly available all over that area.

Basically, I’m calling BS on this one.
    Propaganda video.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

Glad for your insight. I saw the video and it didn’t look right to me, but I am not familiar with the grenades so was not sure what I was looking at. I am sure that many will believe the ISIS nonsense to be true.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

The first box is junk but the second one is not.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>74 wrote:</div>The first box is junk but the second one is not.

Certainly real enough, but the source is questionable.
    They’ve been used by everyone from the Syrians, the Israeli’s, and pretty much anyone who we’ve given aid to since @1970.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I don’t question that there was a bad drop. ISIS certainly has plenty of weapons without this load anyway. They even has a few Mig 21’s.

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Bad drop? I question whether or not this was actually a drop or a staged video by ISIS.
    I don’t believe that this was an American drop, at least anytime recently.

Lets just say that I’m more than a little skeptical of anything they put out.

Profile photo of Roadracer
    Roadracer
    Survivalist
    member7

I went back and looked at the video. The packing around the drop does not look like standard AF load out. I am forwarding to my son who was AF Loadmaster instructor to get his take on it. Anyone else familiar with drop packaging?

Profile photo of KOS
    KOS
    Survivalist
    member7

hmm, i was actually thinking the same thing myself whirlibird, those nades looked old.

Never be afraid to do the righteous thing, nothing righteous is ever easy.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Maybe what they want to show is that we are sending crap to the Kurds. True or not it would send a bad signal to our friends in need.

Profile photo of Novus Ordo
    Novus Ordo
    Hunter
    rprepper

The drop looked pretty legit to me – the new netting, plastic wrap and the 4-5 inch corrugated cardboard “crush” material to lessen impact all used in the air drops we got in OIF/OEF. It’s the weapons that were staged like Whirli said. The drop was probably just food or something mundane.

We found those same pineapple bodies in warehouses we went through in 2003…

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
    - Thomas Paine

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.