Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

A couple days ago I railed a bit over the plan to bring Syrian refugees to the shire town in my county, the small city (16,000) that most of us have to go to regularly for shopping and services given little to nothing elsewhere in the county. It was an odd bit of kharma but after posting that I went in to town to go to the fitness club and then stopped at the grocery store where what did I see but a Muslim woman. It is the first time I ever saw one here. However she was definitely not a refugee. She was instead a strikingly beautiful and wealthy woman, clearly a tourist or perhaps second property owner of some sort. I often can spot the tourists and 2nd home owners at the grocery store picking up supplies before heading to their vacation homes or ski resort condos. You can just tell.

Anyway this woman was not Arab or African though I couldn’t put my finger on exactly what her background was. Somewhere in Southeast Asia I think. She was also more secular than religious in the manner she had her head covered in the casual way that an American or European woman might do when traveling in a Muslim country. That she was wealthy was self evident by her attire and jewelry. That she was not from here was also self evident by the fact she was literally being a tourist in a grocery store. No cart or basket and not buying anything, but rather just wandering around slowly looking at everything. My guess is she has servants who do her shopping and that she was there just to marvel at a modern American grocery store that she had probably heard about somewhere.

Anyway I saw the humor in my ranting against refugee Muslims coming to the area and then a couple hours later bump into the first Muslim I have ever seen around here, and with her being a wealthy tourist more secular than religious. If she was what was coming to town I wouldn’t be so upset.

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of MountainBiker MountainBiker.
    Profile photo of L Tecolote
    L Tecolote
    Survivalist
    member8

Malaysian maybe? Checking out the prevalence or lack of halal foods for the coming imported “community?” Seeing what forbidden items will be required to be taken off the shelves, once they arrive in force?

Cry, "Treason!"

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Yes, maybe Malaysian. I hadn’t thought about halal food as a possibility as to what she was doing.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Why not French? A lot of Asians have migrated there after the indochina war and now find the us a nicer place.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.