Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

This will make you feel good.

“Ron Klain has made a virtue of being unknown. As Attorney General Janet Reno’s chief of staff, he is all but invisible to the public but recognized in Democratic circles as the man to have on your side in a political or legal fight. A rare mix of top-flight lawyer and savvy politician, Klain shepherded the nominations of Reno and Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg through the Senate and steered the omnibus crime bill through the turbulent legislative process.”

Profile photo of Inshala
    Inshala
    Veteran
    member4

74 and mountainbiker, I can tell you with much certainty that the NY SAFE Act is being enforced. No, not in the sense that LE are kicking down doors and rounding up citizens, but in secondary charges.

You’ve all heard about people getting charged with DWI not because of driving erratically, but because of something trivial like a tail light out or failing to turn on headlights while driving on a well lit city road. A person gets pulled over for a license plate light being out and the LE officer smells the booze on the breath. The next thing you know a field sobriety test is being conducted, the person fails, and the cuffs are put on.

That’s pretty much how its been going down in NY. A person gets pulled over in a vehicle and forgot that he or she left a thirty-round magazine in the back seat in plain sight. An officer responds to a third party call of an active husband/wife domestic and enters the residence and eventually notices a pre-ban AR15 in a gun case. While being arrested for a DWI, the subject informs the officer that he or she has a legally licensed Glock loaded and carrying…unfortunately it has a “high capacity” magazine in it. THIS is how the NYSAFE Act is being enforced! Not in the expected Stormtrooper or GESTAPO fashion, but in one routine call at a time.

"If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic on the Fury Road."

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Inshala,
    Ya I’m aware of that senerio. They do the same thing everyvwhere really. Get popped for a bag of pot or domestic violence and the news paper reports about the arsonal the cops found. Usually a few old crummy guns and a box of ammo. They are not going to go door to door looking for magazines. It would create a mass migration from other states of patriot simpathizers.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

Inshala may disagree or have a different experience, but this election for governor and state senate seats coming up has me concerned. If the conservatives don’t win a majority… SAFE act II will likely be unleashed. I fear that this will be the last straw and fighting will break out, although there’s a part of me that would welcome the relief from the tension. At this point I’m ready to get it over with win or lose, I don’t know about others. The attitude I see around me is of citizens at their breaking point, and rightly so.

Understand that as a young man, I have hopes and dreams that I know simply cannot be realized until we turn this country around in a big way (such as home ownership, living fear-free, having freedom of religious expression and equal protection under the law). And since I have not realized my dream of having a little house on the prairie with a wife and children, it makes me just want to throw the dice and give it all I’ve got rather than watch my hopes and dreams die a slow death.

For you older guys with families, I assume you want to keep the peace for the most part bc you’ve got little ones to look after, and I understand.

Mostly, though? I think I’m just sick of not doingsomething about it. We all know that voting is ineffective at best at this point and it is sad.

God bless folks, just rambling haha

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

WhiteKnight wrote:
    …I fear that this will be the last straw and fighting will break out, although there’s a part of me that would welcome the relief from the tension. At this point I’m ready to get it over with win or lose, I don’t know about others. The attitude I see around me is of citizens at their breaking point, and rightly so.

Understand that as a young man, I have hopes and dreams that I know simply cannot be realized until we turn this country around in a big way (such as home ownership, living fear-free, having freedom of religious expression and equal protection under the law). And since I have not realized my dream of having a little house on the prairie with a wife and children, it makes me just want to throw the dice and give it all I’ve got rather than watch my hopes and dreams die a slow death.

For you older guys with families, I assume you want to keep the peace for the most part bc you’ve got little ones to look after, and I understand.

Mostly, though? I think I’m just sick of not doingsomething about it. We all know that voting is ineffective at best at this point and it is sad.

God bless folks, just rambling haha

It seems to me, I find the most apathy and false hope among the 30-somethings. Over 40, we know things are going to crap FAST, and under 30, you all understand that your future is going away fast, also. I have a family, but no grandkids yet, and that is a good thing by my estimation. This current world is NO PLACE to bring one into now!
    But I differ from you in this: Every day is a GIFT. we can prepare, stack, pray, and educate. I am doing well in the “hard physical preps” (security, monetary, most hardware and tools) but could use more time and funds for food and more water storage would not hurt, either. Changing up in my firearms just a bit, selling some duplicates and looking for a new 2011 (updated 1911 double stack) but that is not vital. Hold yer Horses, White Knight, the time will come and it will be soon enough if not too soon. FINANCIALLY, the world is in huge Turmoil, I suggest everyone read Road to Roota, and get Bix Weir’s email updates. He notes that Bank of England’s real-time pay system is DOWN, and it could be that all of their account holders are frozen until it is back up!

I have an England-dwelling source to check with, he’s military, but may have some input…

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of MountainBiker
    MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

What WhiteKnight is saying should be of great concern to TPTB. What I am hearing is frustration with a system that isn’t working anymore in a “what have I got to lose” manner. Forgive me WhiteKnight if I am misinterpreting your sentiment.

My father grew up in the tenements of Hoboken, NJ back when the place was a working class slum. I understand it has been gentrified in recent decades. He, his siblings, and both his parents all had to work just to get by but he was able to leave Hoboken for a very different life, owning his own home (modest though it was) and supporting a large family himself on his factory wages. We lived paycheck to paycheck but we wanted for nothing important. He viewed himself as being a success because he did so much better than his parents did and especially because his kids and wife didn’t have to support the family. When my siblings and I went on to college and started leading lives beyond anything he could of dreamed of he saw it as the natural order of things. He did better than his parents and his kids did better than him. That scenario repeated itself many millions of times over in post WWII America. Now it seems that the children of us baby boomers on average aren’t going to do as well as us. Some are of course but I’m saying on average. The prospects of the grandchildren of us baby boomers, on average, don’t look so great either. It is as if an unspoken pact or promise has been broken, and we see the frustration as expressed by WhiteKnight. I hope TPTB are paying attention.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

WhiteKnight Its actually hard to vote against the Ny Safe Act. After all its an illegal piece of garbage thats never been accepted as a legitimate law. Ex post facto. Cuomo is a liberal piece of scum that crawled out of the Nyc sewer. I will happily vote against him and any other Demo on his side. There’s something terribly wrong with them mentally. Its obvious they want everything and they will do anything to get it. Its like what people must have felt about the Nazi back in the 1930 but we didn’t quite understand how or why they detested them, until now. People think this country will survive Obama. I doubt it. He’s crazy as ebolo sheet.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think the progressive/communist movement will fail do to circumstances beyond their control. Using the ebola response as an example, should ebola spread into the urban population the subjects will come to understand who let ebola into the country. Free bread won’t be enough to quell the rage.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Naw 74, O will blame ebola on Bush if that happens.

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

I think they did that last week.

MountainBiker
    Survivalist
    member10

Oh. I thought I was joking but truth is stranger than fiction sometimes.

Profile photo of Brulen
    Brulen
    Survivalist
    member9

Free vaccine for everyone…. Starting with O. Ending with Hillary.

Profile photo of WhiteKnight
    WhiteKnight
    Survivalist
    rprepper

My soul is what I have to lose… which is what keeps the reigns on me!

And yes, they should be concerned but not yet. Most people my age don’t know just how ‘screwed’ they are yet. Also, most people my age are far more responsive to fear and intimidation… I have fear like every human being, but I cannot realistically be intimidated. Just my personality, I suppose?

And mountainbiker, you are correct, but I am only speaking for myself. That is a look at my emotions… but I am not one to act upon them. What is being done to the American people and indeed, people everywhere, is wrongful on such a level that I lack the words to express it. But I realize that me and a bunch of like-minded people going out and starting a war actually isn’t going to do diddly squat. That would be a physical solution for a spiritual/moral problem. And it would not work.

I guess I was just venting, letting you know how I and some others my age feel. The ones smart enough/informed enough to know what lies ahead. Rest assured however that at least I won’t be doing anything rash, because my faith and reason both tell me not to.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.