Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

<div class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>sledjockey wrote:</div>ROFL@collectable

I would rather have a lint collection.

Both are useful.

Profile photo of undeRGRönd
    undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Dryer Lint, pocket lint, etc.?
    Great for Fire Starters!

"ROGUE ELECTRICIAN" Hoping to be around to re-energize the New World.....

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Lone Eagle
    Lone Eagle
    Prepper
    member3

Meh….handled one….bought a used Saiga 12 for less with 2-20 round drums and a few 5 and 8 round mags.

Never challenge a man who has nothing left to lose.

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Dryer lint + wax + egg carton = fire starter. Take dryer lint and stuff the pockets of a cardboard egg carton. Pour wax over each. Now when you need to start a fire tear off one of the sections and use it to start a fire.
    Robin

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Could have bought a Saiga a couple of times. They just don’t “float my boat” shall we say, so I “meh” them. They are a great idea and appear to function well, but they just feel so cheap that I could never spend that much money on one. Even $699 for the last one I saw was WAY too much considering the fit and finish (IMO). That is why I have held out for the KSG. Also a reason I won’t own an AK unless I build it myself. Can’t justify the price versus the fit and finish.

I love the fit and feel of this KSG. I stopped by this weekend to look at it again because I bought it so fast that I even forgot the color…. Needless to say, but I was excited to have found one. Mine is the black and olive drab colored one. I think I will get a selector switch extender, foregrip of some sort and a red dot for it. Already have a LaserLyte Center Mass for it off my Mossy 500. Also have a light for it as well so I will only be spending an additional $200-$250 once I pick it up. Will probably get a Burris red dot because I get a discount with them.

Everything is VERY tight and feels very well made on this thing. I really can’t wait to shoot it. I even checked out the owner’s manual. There appears to be a section in there about how to properly use the slide and chamber rounds. Jamming issues and breakage is a known user error issue where people think that they can “street sweeper” it because it looks all tactical. If you look around YouTube, it appears that people’s reviews reflect the same thing. User error=jamming and breakage. Following instructions=flawless function. Kind of like real life, huh?

Once I pick this bad boy up, I will test it out and put up a review if you guys want. Keep meaning to do that on my Marlins I picked up a couple months ago as well. People keep talking about how bad Marlins are now, but are great. There is one that the barrel doesn’t seem to be mated up correctly sitting on a shelf at the LGS, but I don’t know how long it has shifted between stores. I guess it is actually a fairly old gun that is just making its rounds.

http://ageofdecadence.com

Robin
    Robin
    Survivalist
    member8

Marlin Camp 45 – Really liked this model. Until I was able to locate one, $1,000.00! Bought a High Point 45 ACP carbine instead. I like it.
    Robin

Profile photo of crow1789
    crow1789
    Survivalist
    member1

Just bought three mint JNA gas masks for 10 each. Even if they dont work it was real cheap. Cheaper than Dirt rocks!

Profile photo of hillbilly chic
    hillbilly chic
    Survivalist
    member2

i know its not the high powered type gun yall are talking about but i had a little kel-tec 32 for e.d.c at one point not fond of 32 cal. but it was a sweet shooter streight out of the box went to firing range dead on first shot 25 yrds for a woman its a good fit i have a glock 19 for e.d.c and always 4 10 rd. mags plus a extra box of shells aint no fun running out in the middle of a gunfight bought my husband a mossberg 8 shot shotgun its sweet but i gotta admit i still love my little 22 marlin its what i start my kids out on not intimidating learn to site shoot there both grown excellant shots

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

“Once I pick this bad boy up, I will test it out and put up a review if you guys want.”

We do we do, with pic’s

Profile photo of namelus
    namelus
    Survivalist
    member7

the recoil of a ksg is ridiculous yeah 14 shot but you will be fighting each shot, when empty you still have to reload old tube style mags so one shell at a time hope they have a time out for you to reload when you need to, or you are back to combat loading one at a time.

no reason not to have magazine feed weapons in this day and age, like choosing a 6 shooter in a modern war yeah it works but you are at a big disadvantage and for a 1000 dollars?

needing sight for a shot gun your joking right? other than illuminated ghost rings for low light apps and optic is as useful as a gold necklace on a pig. better to spend that money on shells and time on the range that a tacticool piece of useless crap.

my two cents

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

sledjockey wrote:
    ROFL@collectable

I would rather have a lint collection.

Good One, SJ!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

undeRGRönd
    Survivalist
    member8

Robin wrote:
    Marlin Camp 45 – Really liked this model.
    Until I was able to locate one, $1,000.00!
    Bought a High Point 45 ACP carbine instead. I like it.

Robin

I got mine for under 300 :D
    Great Value, very accurate!

Cogito, ergo armatus sum

Profile photo of sledjockey
    sledjockey
    Bushcrafter
    member8

Well, I have had this sitting in my gun safe for a couple weeks while I compiled my money for some sort of sight and got time to go try it out. Last night I made a flying run home after work, loaded up the family and we made a trip to the hills to go play with the KSG and my .357. My son also brought his new 12 gauge H&R single shot (which is an absolute riot to shoot as well).

Here is how my KSG looks now:

image 1

It has the following accessories:
    1) Knight’s Armament verticle foregrip
    2) LaserLyte Center Mass Green Laser
    3) Vortx Strikefire II Red/Green Dot
    4) Some light I got at a gun show – I broke somehow last night and am looking for a replacement

For those of you who complain about recoil:
    Seriously? It is a 12 gauge. It’s recoil is less than my double barrel Stevens. It is even less than my son’s single shot H&R 12 gauge. If you think the recoil is bad on this then I suggest a .22, airsoft or some specialty built semi-auto that has recoil reduction accessories installed. We put 9 boxes of shells through it last night and 4 I burned through by myself. My son burned through 3 and my wife burned through 2. Again, I say that anyone with recoil complaints should rethink their own capabilities and quite blaming the firearm.

For those that think it jams:
    Learn to actually use a pump shotgun. Quit short stroking it. We used up 9 boxes in the KSG alone and NEVER HAD A JAM. It worked flawlessly and was silky smooth.

For those that dislike the ergonomics from pictures:
    It actually snaps up to give you a perfect sight picture quite instinctively. Since it is so short and easy to maneuver I never had a problem with snap shooting it and getting the butt caught on my bulky clothing (it was 30 degrees in the hills where we were shooting). The optic ends up right in front of your eye and it just ends up resting perfectly against your shoulder. Very nice fit and feel.

For those that think it is too hard to reload:
    Sure, detachable magazines are quite common in many firearms. I don’t know if it would matter that much in a true SHTF situation. Having been prior military, I don’t see myself using this for much more than CQB/MOUT type situations anyway, so 15 rounds is much better than the 8 the shotguns they gave us held. It took a bit of time to reload with gloves on, but after I got the hang of it I was able to quickly fill it back up. I was definitely no speed shooter like the competition guys, but the quick target acquisition and smooth firing of this weapon makes up for a lot of the “issues with having to reload 2 magazines.” It really wasn’t that bad.

No SIGHT? ARRGGGG!!!!!
    Uh…. Ok. Many AR’s require you to buy sights. Just because the gun shop tosses some MAGPULs on before you buy it doesn’t mean that it came from the factory that way. Ever buy a hunting rifle? No iron sights and not even a set of mounts are included with most I have ever seen……

$1000?!?!?!?! Seriously?
    Well, a MSRP for a 870 Express Malpul FDE is $900 and I have rails already installed. A Mossberg 890 Magpul series is MSRP around $775 and has no rails installed. I guess you could take a wood funiture old Winchester Model 12 from a pawn shop and buy some accessories for it to make it “tacticool,” but the KSG is current and uses current technology in its production, comes with enough rails to hang about anything, and you can even install a choke tube adapter for around $100 with tool cost to run WinChokes at $15 per…… Even if I bought every possible upgrade for this weapon system I am out a total of $200 for the stainless followers, choke tube adapter and the tools to install both. Heck, I didn’t even have to buy a sling because it came with one…….

For those considering a tactical shotgun:
    You can get cheaper shotguns that you can hang ever bell and whistle on that you would ever care to attach. You can see what I have on mine and it still weighs less fully loaded than most people’s “tacticool” 590’s and 870’s….. I didn’t even have to buy new rails, fore end, or anything because it already had rails on it.

All in all, I am completely amazed and in love with this firearm. It is very short and compact, is butter smooth, and works flawlessly. I am almost embarrassed to admit, but I was so excited to take this out last night I forgot to even clean it up. It was “tested” right out of the box with only the factory oil and protective crap they do to it. When I cleaned it up afterwards it was even more smooth and fluid. Any complaints about this shotgun seem far fetched to me after having fired it last light. Maybe either user error or jealousy? I don’t know, but the KSG is awesome…..

http://ageofdecadence.com

Profile photo of 74
    Survivalist
    rnews

Thanks!

Whirlibird
    Whirlibird
    Survivalist
    member10

Congratulations.
    You got a better one than I got to work on/play with.
    It would have been more interesting had it worked well when I had my opportunity.

There are always naysayers, gold is too heavy, silver tarnishes, its too light, yada yada.

Optical sights. Love em.
    But then I’m getting to that age where magnification and clarification is helpful. That and I like to hit what I’m aiming at.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.